Modesto Uber, Lyft, & Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Heidari Law Group
Heidari Law Group (Buena Park Office)
17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600
Irvine, CA 92614
tel: (949) 239-1020
fax: (949) 239-1021
Contact a Modesto Uber/Lyft/Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Open 24 HOURS A DAY
7 DAYS A WEEK
Just about everyone in Modesto today has a smartphone, which has made rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft very popular. Rideshare services are very convenient, as they allow people to get from one place to another without having to worry about things like parking or drunk driving. It is true that rideshare services are convenient and efficient, but the drivers who operate rideshare vehicles can be involved in a crash just like anyone else.
Rideshare accidents cause serious injuries just like other car crashes. You will suffer many losses, including medical bills, lost wages, and potentially even a long-term disability. If you have been hurt by a negligent Uber or Lyft driver, you need sound legal advice. Our Modesto Uber/Lyft/rideshare accident lawyer can provide it while helping you obtain the financial compensation you need.
Who is Liable for a Rideshare Accident?
Rideshare accidents always have the potential to be more complex than other collisions on the road. Still, the first step after a crash is determining which party is liable for paying damages. This is also more complicated because there are many potentially liable parties after a rideshare accident. They are as follows:
- The rideshare driver: If you were driving another vehicle while you were struck by a negligent rideshare driver, you may have to go through their insurance policy to collect damages. This is the case when the rideshare driver was not logged into the app and was using their vehicle for personal use.
- The rideshare company: If the rideshare driver was logged into the app or was carrying a passenger at the time of the crash, the rideshare company may be liable for paying accident-related damages.
- Another driver: It is not always rideshare drivers that cause accidents on the road. Sometimes, other drivers do, too. In these cases, you must file a claim with the third party’s insurance company to recover compensation.
Regardless of who is liable for paying for your injuries, you will have to deal with an insurance adjuster. Doing this is not easy, particularly when there are significant losses which require adequate compensation. A Modesto Uber/Lyft/rideshare lawyer can deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Accidents involving rideshare vehicles occur for all the same reasons as other collisions on the road. However, there are some additional risks associated with rideshare drivers. The most common causes of these accidents are as follows:
- Distracted driving: Rideshare drivers rely on their phone. They have to log into the app, notify the company when they have a passenger, and they may also have to use a GPS, which only causes them to look at their phone for an even longer period of time. All of this is considered distracted driving and it can easily cause an accident.
- Drowsy driving: Some rideshare drivers have another job that is considered their main source of income and they only work for Uber or Lyft to make some extra income. The constant work can cause rideshare drivers to feel tired, which makes it more likely they will be involved in or cause an accident.
- Impaired driving: Rideshare drivers do not have to undergo the drug and alcohol testing that other commercial drivers do, which could result in them driving while they are impaired.
- Traffic violations: Rideshare drivers may speed or violate other traffic laws in an attempt to pick up more passengers quicker and make more profit.
Nearby Heidari Law Locations
Our Uber/Lyft/Rideshare Accident Lawyers
in Modesto Can Help After a Crash
Rideshare accidents can cause all the same serious injuries as other collisions on the road, but obtaining compensation for them is far more complex. At Heidari Law Group, P.C., our Modesto Uber/Lyft/rideshare accident lawyers can help you through the complicated process so you obtain the full damages you deserve. Call us now or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation in English or Spanish and to learn more about how we can help.