Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Injured in a motorcycle accident? Get experienced help in dealing with the complexities of your case with a motorcycle accident lawyer from Heidari law Group.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents could be scary and terrifying, not only for the victim but also the victim’s family members. If you or someone you know has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another party, you may have the right to hold the negligent party responsible under California and Nevada law.
Our attorneys are available to help every step of the way as we hold the negligent parties accountable for their actions. We have decades of experience holding vehicle drivers responsible for a motorcyclist’s injuries.
Unfortunately, many people think that whenever there is a motorcycle and vehicle accident, the one driving the motorcycle was automatically at fault. But, this is not the case. Each motorcycle accident differs depending on the circumstances. Our attorneys will review your case in depth and investigate all the facts to make sure that we build a strong case for you.
What causes Motorcycle Accidents?
- Inattentive Drivers / Other Vehicles – Motorcycles are much smaller than many other types of vehicles, so they can be harder for other drivers to spot. Many accidents are caused each year because a driver failed to see the motorcyclist in their blind spot. If a driver causes an accident because they failed to see the motorcycle around them, then they may be responsible for negligence & their insurance provider may owe the motorcycle rider compensation for the damages suffered. These types of motorcycle accident cases happen every day, and many of them are caused by speeding, drunk, or distracted drivers. Using a phone while driving is a crime in itself in many states, but hitting a motorcycle on top of this falls under the category of negligence.
- Road & Weather Conditions – Potholes and heavy wind create much more dangerous conditions for motorcycles than for cars. If your accident was caused by failure to maintain proper road conditions, such as in cases where debris, plant clippings, rubble, gravel, or another roadway defect are left on the road, then your local or state government may be responsible for negligence.
- Vehicle / Mechanical Failure – Tire blowouts, electrical issues, or brake failure are mechanical issues that can lead to motorcycle accidents with devastating consequences for the rider. The motorcycle manufacturer who left the defect in the design or the mechanic who failed to ensure that the vehicle was in working order may be able to be held responsible for the damages caused by the motorcycle accident.
Other causes of motorcycle accidents can include:
- Rider inexperience
- Riding under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Lane splitting
- Reckless driving such as weaving in and out of traffic
- Distracted riding, such as texting or talking on the phone while driving
What If I Was Also at Fault for Causing My Motorcycle Accident?
California is a comparative fault state where a person could still get compensated in the event they were partially responsible for their injuries. In fact, both parties involved can be held partially liable if they are deemed to have both contributed to the accident.
That is why having an experienced attorney look into the motorcycle accident and determine the responsible parties is a very crucial step in the lawsuit process.
Each person’s liability is determined by a percentage. This percentage determines the amount of compensation that the party could receive.
For example, if the motorcyclist was lane splitting and was responsible for his accident at 20%, the motorcyclist could still recover the compensation (the 80% of it) from the other responsible party.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation
There are different types of compensation that a motorcycle accident victim could hold the other party responsible for. Some examples include:
- Current & future medical expenses
- Repair costs for damage caused to the motorcycle
- Legal fees paid for the lawsuit
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss in quality of life or loss in companionship
- Disability-related costs, if there are any
- Loss of income or loss of employment
- Punitive damages
- Rental car fees, if there are any
In general, the more severe that the injuries are resulting from the motorcycle accident, the larger settlement a motorcyclist can receive. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help to ensure that you get the full compensation that you are entitled to.
When Should I File My Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in California?
Motorcyclists that have been involved in an accident and suffered injuries have a total of two years from the date of the collision or from the discovery of the injury(s) to file a lawsuit against the responsible party to recover compensation for the damages suffered.
But, the sooner the lawsuit is filed, the easier it is to collect information and piece together the cause of the accident.
Who could be held responsible for my motorcycle accident?
- Government entities
- Motorcycle manufacturer
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Riders involved in motorcycle accidents are often met with serious, life-ending, or permanent injuries. Since motorcyclists have little to no protection, impacting the road or another vehicle at high speed can result in catastrophic injuries for the rider.
- Crushed limbs, some requiring amputation
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries or permanent paralysis
- Road rash
- Physical scarring
- Broken bone injuries
- Serious burn injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Permanent organ damage or organ failure
- Skull fractures
- Lower & upper extremity injuries
- Catastrophic injuries, including death
Do I Have to Wear a Helmet to Ride a Motorcycle?
Yes, at all times. Helmets offer a relatively effective form of protection against death and serious head injuries, reducing the rate at which motorcyclists encounter these types of injuries by nearly 30% according to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
What should you do after a Motorcycle Accident?
Below are some steps our attorneys recommend that you take after being involved in a motorcycle accident.
- Your safety is of the utmost priority. Make sure that you are well aware of your surroundings and understand what is happening. The worst thing that can happen is that you immediately get up after the accident and not understand the severity of it. Make sure you get out of the danger zone, which could be considered the middle of the street right after the accident. Just make sure you and anyone else that was affected is safe.
- Have someone call 911 and get paramedics to you if need be. Do not try to be “tough,” your life is on the line and it is extremely important that you care for it. The medical personnel are happy to be of service.
- It is advised that you not remove any type of equipment, including your helmet, gear, or any other pads. The reason being is that important parts of your body need to stay protected (i.e. spine, neck, etc.).
- Stay calm and find the right person to help you. If you are in need of immediate assistance and are confused about what to do or who to turn to, you should call an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
What Type of Evidence Do I Need for My Motorcycle Accident?
There are various different types of evidence that will help build your motorcycle lawsuit. Our attorneys will get started on collecting these key pieces of evidence as soon as possible.
- Photos of injuries suffered during the crash, both immediately after and later down the line
- Eyewitness statements
- The report filed by the police after the accident
- The motorcycle helmet was worn during the accident
- Photos of the wrecked motorcycle after the collision
- Cell phone records of the driver who collided with the motorcycle
- Any available footage from nearby drivers, store cameras, or road cameras
Call Us Today
Experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to hear your case today. Grappling with the wrong law firm, during a time when you need the right counseling, can just add more stress to your plate after suffering through a life-changing motorcycle accident. Contact a seasoned motorcycle accident lawyer at Heidari Law Group for a free case evaluation & get the legal representation you deserve.
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000