Horseback Riding Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have experienced an injury while horseback riding or equestrian riding, contact our experienced personal injury attorneys so you can receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Horseback Riding Accident Lawyers
Horseback riding accidents are one of the most common accidents resulting from recreational activities in the United States. Horseback riding has led to more hospitalizations than ice skating and snowboarding. This is a serious concern for the country, especially because many people ride horses recreationally and for work in competitions and contests.
Horseback riding could result in very severe injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries. But, many people may assume that because a horse caused injuries, the victim of the accident may not be able to file a lawsuit against any party. This is not the case. An in-depth look into the circumstances of your horseback riding accident by our top-rated horseback riding accident attorneys could find negligent parties involved that may have contributed to your horseback riding accident.
Can I Sue if I Was Injured in a Horseback Riding Accident?
In California, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the negligent party who caused your horseback riding accident injuries. But, the hard part is finding the negligent party and holding them accountable. That is where our attorneys step in.
Horseback Riding Statistics
- Around 7 million Americans go horseback riding each year
- The United States horse industry is worth around 40 billion dollars a year
- Around 800,000 horses compete in track racing each year
- The average household income of a horse owner is $60,000
- The United States horse industry employs around 1.5 million people
- The horse racing industry has one of the biggest economic impacts to the United States economy
What are the Most Common Injuries from Horseback Riding?
Horseback riding can lead to a variety of injuries, from minor injuries like a minor cut to major injuries like traumatic brain injuries that could affect a person’s motor functions.
The amount of compensation you could receive is largely dependent on the injuries you have suffered, and the severity of these injuries.
- Traumatic brain injury: head injuries account for around 50% of horse related injuries.
- Broken bones (most common include broken shoulders, and broken wrist)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
How Do I Prove a Horseback Riding Accident Lawsuit?
Horseback riding accidents involve holding the negligent party accountable for their negligence. Negligence is a legal theory used to hold someone responsible for their actions. In order to prove negligence, you must show:
- The defendant (responsible party) had a duty to the plaintiff to act in a reasonably safe manner
- The defendant failed to act in a reasonably safe manner, and breached that duty
- Because the defendant failed to act in a reasonably safe manner, the plaintiff sustained injuries
- The plaintiff now has damages as a result of the injuries
An experienced horseback riding accident attorney will better assist you when proving each factor and making sure that you have enough evidence to prove each factor.
Examples Of Horseback Riding Lawsuits Include:
- When a horse trainer negligently trains their horse
- When a horse trainer does not provide adequate protection
- When a horse trainer does not provide adequate equipment to properly ride the horse
- When the horse trainer fails to train the horseback rider
- When the trainer assumes the horseback rider is experienced
- When the landowner fails to properly monitor the land for any potential dangers
- When a horse trainer allows their horse to continue giving rides to horseback Riders after the horse has engaged in dangerous Behavior
- When a product manufacturer creates a defective horseback riding equipment
Product Liability Claims in Horseback Riding
If you have been injured as a result of defective horseback riding equipment, you have the ability to hold the product manufacturer, along with the product retailer liable for any injuries suffered as a result of the defect. A defect means that the product was not suitable for sale and for use. The defect could be a design defect, manufacturing defect, or a warning defect.
This falls under a legal claim title products liability. Product liability is a strict liability claim, which means that all the plaintiff has to prove is that the product was defective.
What Kind of Compensation Could I Receive for a Horse Accident Lawsuit?
The different types of damages you could receive depend on the circumstances of the accident. Examples of compensation you could receive include
- Past lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Medical bills
- Hospital stays
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
What Should I do if I Have Been Involved in a Horseback Riding Accident in California or Nevada?
If you have been involved in a horseback riding accident, there are specific steps you must take.
- Seek medical care immediately. Many injuries as a result of horseback riding accidents do not reveal themselves until several weeks later. Examples of severe injuries include traumatic brain injuries. It is also important to seek a medical care provider if you are going to file a lawsuit against the at fault party. This allows you to document as many medical records as possible to assist you in your horseback riding accident claim.
- Document your injuries as much as possible: the different types of documents that could help your claim are photos of the injury, along with any medical records.
- Gather as much evidence as possible regarding the accident, such as the landowner, the horse owner, and the horse trainer’s information. Other factors that our equestrian accident attorneys look into is the horse’s history of acting dangerously in the past.
- Contact an experienced and top-rated equestrian accident attorney immediately to seek compensation for any of the injuries suffered.
Wrongful Death Horseback Riding Accident Lawyer
If the horseback rider’s injuries led to death, then the victim’s family members could file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the decedent. You could file a wrongful death claim in both California and Nevada.
Wrongful-death laws allow the family member to stand in the shoes of the decedent and seek compensation for the injuries suffered. Examples of injuries the decedent could claim are lost wages, and medical bills. Other than what the decedent could receive, wrongful-death also allows family members to receive funeral expenses. It is very important that you hire an experienced wrongful death attorney to pursue any death claims that have resulted from the horseback riding injury.
Contact Our Equestrian Accident Attorneys Today
Contact our experienced horseback riding attorneys for a free no risk consultation. During this consultation, we will review the merits of your claim, and determine whether you have a valid claim against the negligent party.
Our accident attorneys will take on all the risks that are associated with your horseback riding accident injuries. We work through a contingency fee agreement and only collect compensation when we win a settlement or a judgment in your favor.
This is relieving to all our clients since we understand that after going through an accident you may not be financially ready to hire an attorney and pay for them up front.
We have offices located in every major city in California and Nevada, including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Fresno, San Francisco, Irvine, etc.
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000