California Product Liability Lawyer
Experienced Los Angeles Product Liability Attorneys. Get Help Today.
California Product Liability Attorney
Thousands of unsuspecting victims in California suffer every year at the hands of faulty products. Manufacturers and liable sellers are responsible for the severe injuries or wrongful death that their defective products cause.
Product defects can come in many forms. The 3 major types of dangerous defects that cause serious injury are:
- Manufacturing Defects: Errors during the assembly of the product or its parts can result in a dangerous good. This is the most common cause of injuries from faulty products and can often be seen in merchandise such as auto parts, industrial machines, medical and safety equipment.
- Design Defects: Overlooked flaws during the design process are also the culprit of a large number of product-related injuries. These types of defects occur more often with children’s toys than anything else.
- Inadequate Labeling or Instructions Defects: A failure to include important instructions, including failing to warn against foreseeable abuse or misuse, may result in a manufacturer being held responsible for injuries caused by the product. This type of defect is most commonly seen with pharmaceutical products that do not have sufficient warning about the side effects a drug may cause.
California Laws on Product Liability
Although California law provides protections for consumers who are injured by faulty products, there are limitations in these protections.
- Product liability claims must be filed within two years from when the injury occurs.
- Funds can only be recovered for the amount of the situation that the victim was not at fault. In cases where a victim is found to be 30% at fault, only 70% of the resulting costs can be recovered from the company being sued.
- The basis for the product defect must fall within one of the three major categories mentioned above.
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a defective product, you don’t have to face the challenges alone. Get in touch with a California product liability attorney with decades of experience. Contact Heidari Law Group at (213) 884-4881 to get help with your case today.