Gym Accident Lawyers
Our experienced gym accident attorneys are available 24/7 to take on your claims if you have been injured at the gym.
If you have sustained injuries while at the gym, whether you live in California or Nevada, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Gyms involve heavy machinery and equipment that could result in very severe injuries. The severe injuries could result in thousands of dollars in damages from hospital visits, to taking time off work.
It is very important to have an experienced and top-rated gym accident lawyer on your side. Our California and Nevada personal injury attorneys have decades of experience representing victims who have been injured while at the gym. No person should have to suffer any type of injury because of another’s negligence. Contact us today for a free no risk consultation. During this consultation, we will review the merits of your claim, and determine who the liable parties are.
Can You Sue If You Get Hurt at The Gym?
If you were hurt at the gym because of another party’s negligent behavior, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries suffered. The amount of compensation depends on the damages you have sustained. For example, the different types of compensation you could sue for gym injuries suffered are:
- Past lost wages: this includes the time spent out of work while treating your gym accident injuries
- Future lost wages: this refers to the future wages the injured party missed out on because they will be taking time off work to heal from their injuries
- Hospital stays
- Physical rehabilitation
- Wrongful-death: if the injured party passes away from another party’s negligence at the gym, the decedent’s family members may have a claim against the liable party for any injuries suffered by the decedent. This means that the decedent’s family members have a claim for lost wages and medical bills, along with their damages such as funeral and burial expenses.
Common Causes of Gym Injuries
There are several different types of ways gym injuries could be caused. Oftentimes, many who have been injured at the gym do not even know that they have a claim for compensation against the at fault party. Instances of gym accident injuries include:
- Defective gym equipment
- Negligently repaired gym equipment
- Unsafe gym netting
- Weight lifting injuries
- Exercise ball injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Gym trainer negligence
- Gym employee negligence
There are several other instances not mentioned above that could also account for common gym injuries. These types of injuries require the injured gym member, also known as the plaintiff, to prove:
- The gym and / or the gym employee had a duty to the plaintiff to act in a reasonably safe manner
- The gym and / or the gym employee breached their duty when they failed to act in a reasonably safe manner
- Because the gym and / or the gym employee breached their duty, the plaintiff suffered injuries
- The plaintiff now has damages as a result of their injuries
Products Defects and Gym Injuries
Oftentimes, the negligent party may not be the gym nor the gym employee, but instead the product manufacturer. For example, if you have been injured on a defective treadmill, or a defective bicycle, you may have a claim for product liability against the product manufacturer and the product retailer. This is a different legal claim than the claim for negligence. That is why it is important that we investigate your gym accident claim to determine which party is liable to file the appropriate legal claim.
Common Gym Injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Face injuries
Who Can You Sue for a Gym Accident in Nevada or California?
There are a variety of parties that could be held liable for your gym accident injuries. To better determine which party is at fault, contact our top-rated gym accident injury attorneys today. The different parties include:
- The gym trainer
- The gym owner
- The gym operator
- Another Gym member
- The gym facility
- The land owner
- The personal trainer (maybe an independent contractor)
- The manufacturer of the gym equipment
- The gym employee
Premises Liability in Gym Accidents
Another legal theory that you can use to hold the at fault party liable for your gym accidents are premises liability claims. Premises liability is highlighted under California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1714 (a), which requires that all property owners maintain a reasonably safe premise.
This means that gym operators are required to run their gym in a reasonably safe manner, and to prevent any potential injuries. This means that the gym could be solely responsible for any injuries that have been caused due to their negligence on their premises.
How Could I Sue a Gym for My Gym Accident Injuries?
There are several ways that owners and operators of gyms could be held liable for their negligence. The most common examples include:
- Failing to provide a safe workout environment
- Failing to train their gym employees
- Hiring unqualified employees
- Failing to monitor the gym floor
- Failing to adequately clean gym equipment
- Failing to hire enough supervising staff
When Should I File My Gym Accident Lawsuit in California?
Each state has a different statute of limitations for any injuries suffered. This time limitation differs depending on the circumstances of the accident. You must file a claim within this time limitation, or you will lose the right to file a claim and seek compensation. Under California law, you have two years to file a lawsuit for any gym injuries you have sustained in a gym accident. This means that if you file your claim too late, you could risk losing your right to sue for your gym injuries.
What to Do if You Are Injured in a Gym
- Seek medical care immediately. Usually, several injuries that occur at the gym are not readily apparent until several days, or weeks later. Instances of swelling and bleeding need urgent medical treatment.
- Contact the gym to let them know about the injury, along with providing them with information as to when and where the injury occurred.
- Gather as much evidence as possible regarding the gym injury. For example, several gyms have cameras located in their facilities. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will also work to make sure that we gather evidence ourselves. Other evidence that we also look towards include witness information, along with any medical records.
- Contact our top-rated California gym accident lawyers to see what the best possible outcome could be to receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Usually, the number one defense tactic that the negligent parties argue is that the gym member assumes the risk of being injured at the gym. However, this is not always the case. For more information on gym accidents, and to discuss your case specifically, contact our premises liability gym accident attorneys.
Our experienced attorneys will guide you through the legal process of filing your gym accident claim and are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your claim.
Gym accident injury claims could get very complex, especially if multiple parties were involved in causing the accident. If you or a loved one have suffered any type of injury in a gym in California and / or Nevada, contact our top-rated personal injury attorneys today for a free no risk consultation to determine how you could seek compensation for your injuries suffered.