Gym Accident Lawyers
Our experienced gym accident attorneys are available 24/7 to take on your claims if you have been injured at the gym.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Gym Accident Lawyers
Many people go to the gym to start living a healthier life. But, just a simple wrong move or a faulty machine could change your life forever. In the event that you or a loved one have been involved in a gym accident, you may have the right to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. Both California and Nevada law allow those who have been injured to file a lawsuit and hold the responsible party accountable.
But, it could get very tricky determining who a responsible party is in a gym, especially if it is a gym that you signed up for and were injured while you were engaging in such activity. To determine if there are any negligent parties in your gym accident lawsuit, contact our experienced attorneys today to discuss your potential case.
Each gym accident case is different, and so many people may think that they do not even have the right to file a lawsuit when in fact there is a negligent party that could be held responsible.
What If I Was Also Responsible for My Gym Accident Injuries?
This is a very common question we receive from gym accident Injury victims. The good news is that California and Nevada offer separate laws in place that still allow you to get compensated in the event you are partially responsible for your injuries.
In California, you could still get compensated. but, this compensation is deducted by the percentage of fault. In Nevada, you also could get compensated, but if your liability is more than 50%, you may not be able to receive any compensation from the responsible party.
Gym Accident Lawsuit Compensation Examples
The different types of compensation you receive depend on the circumstances of the gym accident, the responsible parties, and the severity of your injuries. But, some of the most common compensation types include:
- Past lost wages: this includes the time spent out of work while treating your gym accident injuries
- Future lost wages: this refers to the future wages the injured party missed out on because they will be taking time off work to heal from their injuries
- Hospital stays
- Physical rehabilitation
Gym Accident Wrongful Death
If the injured passed away from their injuries, then a wrongful-death claim could be filed by the decedent’s family members. Wrongful death claims could recover different types of compensation, including funeral expenses, and loss of income with the effect that the loss had on the family.
Common Causes of Gym Injuries
There are several different types of ways gym injuries could be caused. Oftentimes, many who have been injured at the gym do not even know that they have a claim for compensation against the at fault party. Instances of gym accident injuries include:
- Defective gym equipment
- Negligently repaired gym equipment
- Unsafe gym netting
- Weight lifting injuries
- Exercise ball injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Gym trainer negligence
- Gym employee negligence
- Lack of supervision
- Lack of instruction
- Slippery floors
What Do I Prove in a Gym Accident Lawsuit?
The below four factors are essential in proving negligence against the responsible party in a gym accident lawsuit.
- The gym and / or the gym employee had a duty to the plaintiff to act in a reasonably safe manner
- The gym and / or the gym employee breached their duty when they failed to act in a reasonably safe manner
- Because the gym and / or the gym employee breached their duty, the plaintiff suffered injuries
- The plaintiff now has damages as a result of their injuries
Products Defects and Gym Injuries
Oftentimes, the negligent party may not be the gym nor the gym employee, but instead the product manufacturer. For example, if you have been injured on a defective treadmill, or a defective bicycle, you may have a claim for product liability against the product manufacturer and the product retailer.
Product liability lawsuits are completely different than negligence lawsuits. It takes an experienced product liability lawyer to make sure that each product defect element in the suit is strong to recover compensation for.
Common Gym Injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Face injuries
Who Can You Sue for a Gym Accident in Nevada or California?
There are a variety of parties that could be held liable for your gym accident injuries. To better determine which party is at fault, contact our top-rated gym accident injury attorneys today. The different parties include:
- The gym trainer
- The gym owner
- The gym operator
- Another Gym member
- The gym facility
- The land owner
- the property manager
- The personal trainer (maybe an independent contractor)
- The manufacturer of the gym equipment
- The gym employee
- maintenance company
Premises Liability in Gym Accidents
Another legal theory that you can use to hold the at fault party liable for your gym accidents are premises liability claims. Premises liability is highlighted under California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1714 (a), which requires that all property owners maintain a reasonably safe premise.
This means that gym operators are required to run their gym in a reasonably safe manner, and to prevent any potential injuries. This means that the gym could be solely responsible for any injuries that have been caused due to their negligence on their premises.
How Could I Sue a Gym for My Gym Accident Injuries?
There are several ways that owners and operators of gyms could be held liable for their negligence. The most common examples include:
- Failing to provide a safe workout environment
- Failing to train their gym employees
- Hiring unqualified employees
- Failing to monitor the gym floor
- Failing to adequately clean gym equipment
- Failing to hire enough supervising staff
When Should I File My Gym Accident Lawsuit in California?
Each state has a different statute of limitations for any injuries suffered. This strict time limitation differs depending on the circumstances of the accident. You must file a claim within this time limitation, or you will lose the right to file a claim and seek compensation. Under California law, you have two years to file a lawsuit for any gym injuries you have sustained in a gym accident.
But, regardless of the statute of limitations, we recommend that you contact our attorneys as soon as you have been involved in an incident so we can better organize and put together the best legal strategies to take for you.
What Should I Do if I Am Injured in a Gym?
- Seek medical care immediately. Usually, several injuries that occur at the gym are not readily apparent until several days, or weeks later. Instances of swelling and bleeding need urgent medical treatment.
- Contact the gym to let them know about the injury, along with providing them with information as to inform them about the injury, along with providing information on when and where the injury occurred.
- Gather as much evidence as possible regarding the gym injury. For example, several gyms have cameras located in their facilities. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will also work to make sure that we gather evidence ourselves. Other evidence that we also look towards include includes witness information, along with any medical records.
- Contact our top-rated California gym accident lawyers to see what the best possible outcome could be to receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Usually, the number one defense tactic that the negligent parties argue is that the gym member assumes the risk of being injured at the gym. However, this is not always the case. For more information on gym accidents, and to discuss your case specifically, contact our premises liability gym accident attorneys.
How Much Does a Gym Accident Attorney Cost?
A gym accident attorney has different ways that they could potentially get paid, including hourly, and retainer fees. But, our top rated gym accident attorneys work with contingency fee agreements. These agreements allow us to pay for your costs, including court fees and discovery fees, so you only pay us when we win compensation for you.
Gym accident injury claims could get very complex, especially if multiple parties were involved in causing the accident. If you or a loved one have suffered any type of injury in a gym in California and / or Nevada, contact our top-rated accident attorneys today for a free no risk consultation to determine how you could seek compensation for your injuries suffered.
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000