Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced carbon monoxide attorneys.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
Our carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide poisoning lawyers have protected the rights of injured clients for decades now. According to the American Council on science and health, carbon monoxide poisoning is the number one cause of death in the United States. Our California and Nevada carbon monoxide accident attorneys are skilled in carbon monoxide cases. Carbon monoxide cases could get especially complex, and could involve multiple parties. Our carbon monoxide attorneys will work so you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Carbon monoxide is considered to be a silent killer. If you have lost a loved one due to carbon monoxide poisoning, contact our attorneys to assert a wrongful-death claim against the at-fault parties. We offer free no risk consultations where we will review the details of your case with our team.
What is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide is a type of toxic gas, and too much released into the air could cause poisoning. Inhaling carbon monoxide fumes could result in severe injuries. Carbon monoxide cases could be very complex since the gas itself is colorless and odorless. Examples of carbon monoxide leaks and poisoning include:
- Fires ( household fires end wildfires)
- Boat engines
- Car engines
- Water heaters
- Washer and dryers
- Tobacco smoke (cigarettes, cigars, etc.)
- Cooking appliances
- Camping equipment
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms
Carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to very severe symptoms, and oftentimes even death. Some describe carbon monoxide poisoning as having symptoms similar to the flu. Some symptoms of carbon monoxide can include:
- Shortness of breath
- Vision changes
Long Term Effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide has several different long-term side effects that those poisoned have to live with. That’s why it’s important to seek legal assistance immediately to get compensation for these long-term damages. Long-term side effects can include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Possibility of a heart attack
- Possibility of getting vertigo (a disease that makes one feel as if the room is constantly spinning)
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Memory problems
- Death to unborn babies
- Chest pains
- Damage to lungs
- Organ damage
How Common is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Because of how likely it is to have carbon monoxide leaks, car monoxide poisoning is very common in the United States. January is considered the top month for carbon monoxide poisoning since many are in their homes and using heating appliances.
Who Can Bring a Carbon Monoxide Claim?
Almost everyone who has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning could bring a claim against the at-fault party. Examples of groups that are most susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning include:
- Children: younger adults and children breathe air more quickly, and so need more oxygen. Therefore, they are more likely to be done carbon monoxide
- Older adults: because older adults may have immunocompromised illnesses, they’re more likely to experience difficulties and severe carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms
- Unborn babies: unborn babies need more oxygen, and so are more susceptible to breathing in carbon monoxide
Who Are the Defendants in a Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawsuit?
There are many different defendants in a carbon monoxide poisoning case, although it depends on a case-by-case basis. Possible defendants that could be held liable in a carbon monoxide poisoning lawsuit include:
- Manufacturers of the product
- Distributors of a product
- Repairman who improperly installed the appliance
- Gas companies who fail to notice the leak
- Landlords who failed to install carbon monoxide detectors
- Car mechanics who fail to inspect and maintain car engines
- Employers who fail to install proper carbon monoxide detectors
- Hotels that fail to install proper carbon monoxide detectors
California Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Laws
California passed the carbon monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act in 2010 to require property owners to install carbon monoxide detectors in apartments, homes, commercial buildings, etc. If you have rented or leased the property and the land owner fails to put a carbon monoxide detector in the home, contact our attorneys immediately. You may have a claim against the landowner for failing to comply with California carbon monoxide poisoning prevention statutes.
When Should You Contact A Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney?
After you discover that you or a loved one has been involved in a carbon monoxide poisoning accident, contact our attorneys immediately. The sooner you contact our attorneys, the sooner you will be able to get legal representation and file a claim against the at-fault party. It is important to remember that each state has a different statute of limitations requirement that decides when you could bring a claim. For example, California and Nevada both had a two-year statute of limitations time period.
How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Although you cannot prevent an accident completely, there are various steps one can take to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Install carbon monoxide detectors in your home: make sure you constantly maintain the carbon monoxide detectors by replacing their batteries twice a year. Currently, the new carbon monoxide detectors are digital and have screens that are easily readable and alert the homeowner when it needs to be maintained.
- Do not place a generator inside your home. If you do, make sure that it is in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not burn charcoal indoors. When burning charcoal, there’s several carbon monoxide particles that can enter the air.
- If you have a generator, make sure that it is connected to your carbon monoxide detector so the detector could still work despite having no electricity.
- If you have a chimney, make sure you maintain your chimney once a year. Carbon monoxide could get trapped in chimneys.
- If there is some type of odor you smell in your home, make sure to call the carbon monoxide expert to determine if there has been a carbon monoxide leak from any of the home appliances. This is usually the first indication to a carbon monoxide leak.
- Open your garage door when starting your car. Cars are also the number one cause of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Use gas appliances rather than electric appliances. Gas appliances give off an apparent smell when there is a carbon monoxide leak.
Heidari Law Group is Here to Help
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced team of carbon monoxide injury attorneys today. Our personal injury attorneys are experienced in different types of carbon monoxide poisoning cases in California and Nevada. If you or someone you know has suffered injuries as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, contact us today for a free consultation. We are always readily available for our clients with accessible offices in Los Angeles, Fresno, Sacramento, Irvine and Las Vegas. Heidari Law Group will be there to assist you in building a successful case.
Call our office today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case. We work diligently to ensure that you get the justice you deserve. We understand that monoxide poisoning could be very traumatizing and leave life-threatening effects. Our skilled car monoxide poisoning personal injury attorneys will help you guide through the legal process of your claim and file your lawsuit in court.
***Disclaimer: This page is created by Heidari Law Group for educational purposes. This article provides a general understanding of the law. It does not provide specific advice. By using this site and reading through this page, there is no attorney-client relationship created between you and any member of Heidari Law. Further, due to the constant change of the law, some parts of the information above may no longer be good law.
- Aviation and Airline Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000