Slip and Fall Lawyer
Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident in California or Nevada? contact our slip-and-fall injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
California Slip and Fall Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, call our experienced slip and fall attorneys today to help recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Slip and fall accidents are very common in California and Nevada. Whether you are filing a lawsuit, or filing an insurance claim, legal help is necessary. Many insurance companies might try to downplay your claim to pay as little as possible. That is why it is important to hire an experienced slip-and-fall attorney to better maneuver through the legal process and get you the compensation you deserve
Many may believe that they have the right to file a slip-and-fall lawsuit against the negligent party, but may not exactly know who the negligent party is. This is your experienced attorney’s responsibility. Our top-rated slip-and-fall accident attorneys will help narrow down the responsible parties and hold them liable for any damages that they have caused.
What are Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common accidents that cause devastating injuries. According to the National Safety Council, the most common reason for emergency room visits is because of slip and falls. Slip and falls could occur virtually anywhere, and on any type of property.
- Head Injuries (Brain injury) – This is the most common type of injury from a slip and fall, causing Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). A TBI may range from a small concussion to complement mental impairment.
- Broken Arm, Leg, Ankle – Slipping or tripping can cause a really bad fall ending with a broken ankle, leg, or arm. Older people are more likely to break their leg or arm in a slip and fall.
- Fractured Bones (Fractured Ankle) – Fractured ankles are common with slip and fall accidents. This is also common with older people when they have a slip and fall injury.
- Soft Tissue Injury (Torn ligament or sprained ankle/wrist) – If you don’t break a bone from a slip and fall, you might have a sprained ankle or torn ligament.
- Lacerations – Breaking the skin due to a slip and fall can happen if a sharp object cuts you or the pavement causes a tear.
- Back Injury and Spinal Cord Injury – Permanent back injuries can happen with a herniated disk injury, fractured vertebrae, or nerve damage. At least 25% of spinal cord injuries are caused by a slip and fall accident.
- Shoulder Injury – A dislocated shoulder or broken shoulder may have resulted from a slip and fall causing permanent damage. This may require surgery in order to recover.
- Internal Bleeding – When the body hits the floor with such an abrupt force, internal bleeding may result. Many may not even know that they are experiencing internal bleeding until they visit a medical provider for examination after the slip and fall accident.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO PROVE FOR MY SLIP AND FALL LAWSUIT?
In order to prove a slip-and-fall injury in California or Nevada, there are several different elements that the slip and fall attorneys must show are met. These elements are:
- That there was a condition on the property that was dangerous
- Duty: The owner or possessor of the property knew about that condition or had a duty to keep the property safe for visitors
- Breach: The owner failed to take reasonable steps to keep the property safe.
- Causation: Because they failed to fix the condition and keep the property safe, this caused the victim to incur very serious injuries.
- Damages: The victim has now suffered injuries.
There is extensive investigation done to each single element. It takes a highly qualified slip and fall attorney to investigate the circumstances of your accident and build your lawsuit up. It is very important to hire a skilled slip and fall attorney that is well-versed in slip-and-fall laws of your state. Each state may have different elements that the attorney will have to prove.
(Fictional) Example of a California Slip and Fall Injury Case:
At a crowded airport on a busy Friday afternoon, Thomas slips on water left on the floor in front of the airport coffee shop. The area was extremely wet, though not visible. There were many employees in the area, but nobody took the time to put a caution sign on the ground, or clean up the spill. After looking and investigating the video footage, the spill had been there for a very long time, and none of the employees had done anything to correct it.
Who is responsible?
The airport management/owners are most likely to be held liable for Thomas’ fall. The reason is that the spill had been on the ground for a long time and none of the employees had done anything to correct it. What should have been done is that their cleaning crew or an assigned “safety employee” should have done their respective rounds and looked for spills, helping prevent this type of accident. Since nobody did this, Thomas is now severely injured and will be out of work for the next 5 months due to a torn ACL and medial meniscus. This will also cost Thomas financial hardship due to not being able to work and will have medical bills that will need to be paid.
When Can I Sue After a Slip and Fall Accident?
Each state has a different time requirement as to when a plaintiff can sue for a slip and fall accident. In California, you have two years from the date of the accident and injuries to file a slip and fall accident lawsuit. You should act quickly, because this time may slip by.
What is the Average Compensation in a Slip and Fall Case?
Each slip and fall accident varies from person to person. There is no overall dollar amount we could give for all slip-and-fall lawsuits. Our experienced slip-and-fall attorneys at Heidari Law will be able to determine the merits of your claim and how much you could potentially recover in damages when you come in for a one-on-one and discuss your specific case. Call us for a free no risk consultation today.
How Long Does a Slip and Fall Lawsuit Take?
The outcome depends on the type of accident the plaintiff experienced. When the slip and fall accident is complex, or involves multiple parties, the lawsuit could take longer than expected.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
Slip and fall accidents could occur in several different ways. Below are some of the most common types of slip and fall accidents.
- Freshly mopped floors
- Liquid spills
- Uneven walkways, cracked pavement
- Carpet, floorboards, floor mats that are loose
- Worn out carpet
- Broken floor tiles, damaged wood flooring
- Loose tiles
- Cracked sidewalk concrete
- Poorly designed walkways
- Objects in the walkway, such as electrical cords, and wires
- Weather causing wet or icy surfaces
- Poor lighting in a dim area
- Broken or damaged stairs and handrails
- Lack of signage with warnings
- Unsafe construction zones
- Poor footwear
Do I need a lawyer for a slip and fall accident?
You do not need an attorney to represent you in a slip and fall accident. But, the other party will most likely have an attorney ready to negotiate and downplay the accident and injuries as much as possible. That is where we come in. Our attorneys will take care of all the negotiations and Communications for you. you do not need to worry about “being tricked” or “having your words used against you.”
Experienced Attorneys for a California Slip and Fall Injury Case
Here are some ways that our experienced team here would help you:
- Our firm will provide you with a full breakdown, in detail of what you are to expect during the lawsuit or claims process.
- We ask the right questions. We investigate the right variables. We follow up appropriately. We do not leave you hanging.
- Our firm fights hard for you. We have years of experience to get the right outcome.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact our California personal injury lawyers for free consultation today. We are available 24/7 for any legal assistance that you may need concerning your slip and fall claim. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you do not have to pay us up front until we settle your case or when a verdict in trial. We have offices located in California and Nevada.
Contact us to have your medical bills and pain and suffering reimbursed after a slip and fall accident.
- Aviation and Airline Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- Protecting Whistleblowers from Workplace Retaliation
- Understanding Liability in Company Car Accidents in California
- The Complete Guide to Safe Driving for Seniors
- What to Do After a Car Accident in California
- Your Rights When Coming Out At Work
- 10 Best and Worst Cities for Driving in California
- Whiplash and Whiplash Settlement Amounts
- What Happens If You Have a Car Accident Without Insurance?
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000