If you believe that your rights have been taken advantage of at work, our employment lawyers are ready to assist you in your employment law claim.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our California and Nevada employment law attorneys will assist you in defending your rights in court. We have extensive experience in employment litigation. Our employment law attorneys have experience negotiating and going to jury trials. We have offices located in every major location such as Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Las Vegas, etc.
We understand that individuals depend on jobs for their livelihood. Many people, especially today during the covid-19 pandemic, live paycheck-to-paycheck and often rely on their employers to pay them the fair wages they deserve. We understand that many clients do not have the financial freedom to pay an attorney up front. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we will front all the costs for your claim. You do not have to pay us any fees unless we win a judgment or a settlement in your favor. Our labor and employment law attorneys are well-versed in both California and Nevada employment statutes.
What is Employment Law?
Employment law focuses on the obligations and responsibilities between an employer and employee relationship. This encompasses several different factors at work, such as wages, Hourly employment, etc.
We Handle a Variety of Employment Law Cases
Our experienced team of labor lawyers can help you with all types of employment cases including:
- Wrongful Termination – Wrongful termination can occur when an employee is fired for illegal reasons. No employee can be let go based on their gender, race, religion, disability, or other protected trait. If there are specific reasons listed in an employee’s contract for why they can or cannot be let go, violation of the terms of the contract are also grounds for a wrongful termination lawsuit. Each law has specific statutes in place that prohibit wrongful termination at work. In order to determine your state’s wrongful termination laws, contact our employment law attorneys immediately.
- Workplace Retaliation – Retaliation occurs when an employer tries to get back at their employee for taking certain action. Examples of retaliation include disciplinary action, shift reassignments, demotions, firing, pay reduction, or any other negative action that an employer takes without legal justification for doing so.
- Workplace Harassment – This is considered a form of discrimination where the employer’s inappropriate behavior, often sexual behavior, prevents the employee from doing their job and feeling comfortable while doing it.
- Workplace Discrimination – Every employee deserves to be treated fairly in the workplace, and despite the presence of numerous laws that help protect workers against discriminatory practices, workplace discrimination still persists. If an employer takes negative action against an employee because of their disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender, or maternity, then this is illegal discrimination in the workplace.
- Wage and Hour Disputes – Some employers refuse to give their staff proper compensation for the hours or overtime work they’ve put in. Companies also try to illegally get more work out of their employees by not giving them the minimum amount of time off that they are owed. These are all violations of the labor law and can be fought with legal action.
- Contract Violations & Contractor Classification Issues – If an employer has misclassified an employee as a contractor to avoid giving them the proper benefits that they would get as a full-time employee, this is a violation of employment law and could be justification for filing a lawsuit.
- Whistleblower Protection – An employer cannot punish an employee who has come forward to expose the wrongdoings that are occurring within their company. The law offers whistleblower protections for employees who legally file a complaint against their employer.
Do I Need an Attorney?
If your employer has taken advantage of you and withheld financial payments, we advise that you seek an employment law attorney immediately. Going against your employer alone could cause you to receive lower settlement amounts. With an employment law attorney representing you, they could handle the legal hurdles for you and maximize your compensation.
What Rights Do Employees Have in California?
Below are some common rights that all employees are required to have in California:
- Overtime pay
- Paid sick leave
- Minimum wage
- Limited unpaid family leave
- Safe protection from sexual harassment
- Safe protection from wrongful termination
- Safe protection from discrimination based on race, religion, pregnancy, age, gender, sex, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity
What if I Have Been Laid Off Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Before 2020, The federal Warn Act mandated businesses to alert their employees before massive layoffs. However, because of the covid-19 pandemic, this act has been more relaxed and now companies do not have to advise their employees in advance before making any massive layoffs.
Could I File a Lawsuit Against My Employer and Continue Working?
You could file a lawsuit against your employer and continue working for your employer. In fact, your employer cannot fire you in retaliation for filing a lawsuit against them. For more information, contact our employment and labor attorneys.
Statute of Limitations for Employment Law Claims in California
Statute of limitations is a legal term used to describe the time period in which a plaintiff could bring a claim. When the plaintiff brings this claim after the time has passed, the plaintiff’s claim will most likely be dismissed. Different states have different time limits. In fact, California has different time limits based on the claim.
- If the claim involves workplace harassment, discrimination, or retaliation, the statute of limitations occurs 1 year after the employee has the right to sue notice.
- If the claim involves a breach of oral contract, the statute of limitations is 2 years after the breach of contract.
- If the claim is regarding the employer’s failure to pay the employee wages, the statute of limitations is 3 years from the date of non-payment.
- If the claim is regarding a breach of a written contract, the employee has 4 years after the breach to bring forth the claim.
- Since employment law cases have several different complex scenarios, it can be very difficult in determining which category your claim falls under. Contact our employment law attorneys immediately to book a free no risk consultation where we could go over these different categories and figure out where your claim stands.
Employment Law Statutes
Other than wage and hour statutes, our attorneys also assist our clients and filing complaints with agencies such as:
- The United States Department of Labor
- The California Labor Commissioner
- The United States Equal Opportunity Commission
- The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- The Nevada Department of Employment
Call Heidari Law Group for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one feel that your rights may have been violated by your employer, then it’s important that you get in touch with an employment lawyer before it’s too late. It is important to keep in mind that each state has a different statute of limitations for workplace discrimination claims.
Contact our employment law attorneys today to schedule a free consultation where we could discuss your employment law claim and the different strategies we can take to make sure you’re compensated for your injuries. We offer a personalized approach and fight aggressively when protecting your rights. With Decades of experience, we will fight for your best interests in mind.
We advocate for the rights of all employees at Heidari Law Group and have built a solid track record of success in employment law cases across California and Nevada. Our firm does not charge until we win the case. So, if you’re in need of legal representation for an employment law case, give us a call today at 1-833-225-5454 or send us an email at email@example.com to see what we can do for you.
- Car Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Trucking Accident
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Metro Bus Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Dog Bite Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Bike Crashes
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Catastrophic Injury
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Airbnb Injury
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Factory Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Vaccine Injury Compensation
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Negligent Security
- HIPAA Violations
- Data Privacy Breach
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Las Vegas Office611 South 6th Street Las Vegas, NV 89101 Tel: 702-722-1500