Buena Park Car Accident Lawyer
Heidari Law Group
Contact a Buena Park Car Accident Lawyer
Open 24 HOURS A DAY
7 DAYS A WEEK
The chances are good that when you get into your vehicle to go to work, school, or another destination, you do not expect to be involved in an accident. Still, most adults will be involved in a crash at some point in their life. Although the majority of these collisions are minor, they are sometimes extremely serious and result in catastrophic injuries. In some cases, the injuries are so serious, accident victims are never the same. Even when a crash is fairly minor, victims still sometimes suffer extreme pain and incur thousands of dollars in property damage.
If you have been involved in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you do have a legal right to claim financial compensation. Our Buena Park car accident lawyer can help you overcome the challenges these claims present so you recover the fair settlement you deserve.
Types of Car Accidents in Buena Park
There are some types of car accidents that are more serious than others, but any crash has the potential to cause serious injury. The most common types of collisions our Buena Park car accident lawyers handle include:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end collisions are usually fairly minor. When they occur at high speeds though, or involve a large vehicle such as a truck, even a seemingly minor rear-end collision can result in serious injuries.
- T-bone accidents: T-bone accidents occur when the rear or front of one vehicle slams into the side of another. Also known as side-impact accidents, these collisions almost always cause catastrophic injuries.
- Sideswipe accidents: Not to be confused with T-bone accidents, a sideswipe collision occurs when the side of one vehicle collides with another. These accidents are typically a result of an improper lane change.
- Head-on collisions: A head-on collision occurs when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions crash into each other, with the front of the vehicles colliding. These are some of the most serious types of accidents on the roadways and often they result in fatalities.
- Rollover accidents: As the name suggests, this type of crash occurs when a vehicle rolls over, either onto its side, roof, or completely rolls over. These accidents are not only extremely dangerous to the occupants of the rolling vehicle, but for anyone in the near vicinity, too.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Buena Park
Car accidents are traumatic experiences, especially if you have suffered serious injuries or your crash happened at a high speed. You will likely feel very distressed, and you may not know what to do next. The most critical steps to take after any car accident are as follows:
- Move your vehicle off of the roadway, if possible, so it does not cause a secondary collision.
- Check yourself and anyone else involved for injuries.
- Call 911 even if you do not think you sustained injuries. A dispatcher will send an ambulance to the scene and a paramedic can perform a full examination.
- Report the accident so police can visit the scene and write and file a report.
- Locate eyewitnesses who saw what happened and obtain their names and contact information.
- Take as many pictures as you can including photos of your vehicle, any other vehicles involved, your injuries, any roadway hazards that caused your crash, tire marks, and the accident scene overall.
- Take detailed notes regarding the surroundings of the accident scene including road, traffic, and weather conditions, and any observations about the other driver’s mental state or if they are impaired.
Lastly, you should always speak to a Buena Park car accident lawyer after any collision. A lawyer will know the appropriate steps to take when filing your claim so you obtain full and fair compensation.
Nearby Heidari Law Locations
Call Our Car Accident Lawyers in Buena Park to Discuss Your Case
After an accident, you need to focus on your recovery, not on the legal aspects of filing a claim. At Heidari Law Group, P.C., our Buena Park car accident lawyers can handle every aspect of your case so you can place all of your efforts into getting better. Call us now or contact us online to schedule a free review of your case in English or Spanish.