Car Accident Lawyer in Reno
Car accidents in Reno, Nevada can be extremely dangerous and potentially fatal, given the mix of local residents and visitors in the city. It’s crucial to have a reliable attorney by your side in the unfortunate event of a car accident. This support is vital for ensuring you receive fair compensation for your injuries. Our Reno car accident attorneys are dedicated and work tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive the assistance and representation they deserve.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
What causes car accidents in Reno?
Below are some examples of common causes of car accidents in Reno:
- Speeding: Driving at extremely high speeds, particularly in areas frequented by pedestrians, poses a significant danger in Reno. Such reckless behavior can lead to severe injuries and, in some cases, fatalities.
- Drunk Driving: Given Reno’s vibrant nightlife and tourist attractions, drunk driving is a major cause of car accidents in the city. The presence of entertainment venues and bars contributes to this risky behavior.
- Distracted Driving: Reno, like other tourist destinations, offers various rideshare services, including Uber and Lyft. Rideshare drivers, often occupied with their phones to manage trips, can become dangerously distracted. This type of distracted driving poses a significant risk to pedestrians on the sidewalks or crossing the streets.
- Fatigued Driving: Reno’s status as a tourist hub means frequent truck traffic bringing in supplies and inventory. Many truck drivers, due to irregular shifts and inadequate rest, may suffer from fatigue, increasing the likelihood of accidents caused by drowsy driving.
- Texting and driving
- Reckless driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road conditions
Will I get pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt in Nevada?
Our attorneys possess a deep understanding of the laws in both California and Nevada, and are well-versed in the nuances that differentiate them. An important distinction to note is Nevada’s approach to seat belt laws. Unlike some states, Nevada does not primarily enforce front seat belt laws for adults.
This means that in Nevada, drivers are not typically pulled over solely for not wearing a seatbelt. This can inadvertently lead to a lower rate of seatbelt usage, increasing the risk of injuries in car accidents. However, if a driver is stopped for another violation, such as speeding, and is found not wearing a seatbelt, they can be penalized for both offenses.
Wearing a seatbelt is one of the simplest yet most effective measures to reduce the risk of injury in a car accident. It is a crucial safety step that all drivers and passengers should adhere to as soon as they enter a vehicle, regardless of the state they are in.
What type of compensation could you receive for a car accident lawsuit in Reno?
The compensation you may be eligible to receive varies depending on the specifics of the accident. Typically, more severe accidents, like those involving pedestrians or bicyclists, may result in a greater extent of damages compared to other types of accidents. Some examples of the damages you might be entitled to in a car accident case include:
- Past lost wages: if you took time off work to recover from your injuries.
- Future lost income: if your injuries are so severe that it will impact your future work.
- Property damage: if your vehicle or bicycle was damaged in an accident.
- Pain and suffering: this refers to the emotional distress that takes a toll onto the victim.
- Punitive damages: this is only offered in certain circumstances when the driver engaged in extremely reckless behavior, such as drunk driving.
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Counseling services
- Emergency room bills
- Out-of-pocket expense
Car Accident Wrongful Death in Reno.
Reno Wrongful death refers to a legal action initiated by a family member or representative of someone who has died due to another’s negligence or intentional harm. This legal recourse enables the family to assume the legal position of the deceased in order to hold the responsible party accountable for the death.
Through a Reno wrongful death lawsuit, the surviving family members can seek compensation for the losses they have endured as a result of their loved one’s death. This can include recovery of funeral and burial expenses, as well as compensation for the loss of financial support that the deceased provided.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Reno
The actions you take following an accident can significantly influence your ability to file a lawsuit and seek compensation in the future. Each step is crucial in establishing a strong case against the liable party. Below is a list of recommended steps from our attorneys to ensure a safe and effective process in pursuing your legal rights.
- Ensure you are safe from further harm by moving out of the way of oncoming traffic, if possible. If your car is operational and not severely damaged, move it to the side of the road. Otherwise, activate your car’s hazard lights.
- Immediately call 911. Car accidents can cause severe injuries that might not be immediately apparent due to adrenaline. Even if you don’t feel pain right away, it’s advisable to see a medical professional for an evaluation after the accident.
- Contact the police. An officer will arrive at the scene and create a report, which can be crucial for any future lawsuit.
- Exchange essential information with the other parties involved in the accident, as well as with any witnesses. Take photographs of the accident scene and all property damage. Information to collect includes:
- Driver and passenger names and contact information (email, phone number, home address)
- Vehicle descriptions
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Insurance companies and policy numbers
- Eyewitness names and contact information
- Accident scene location and details
- Police officer’s badge number and name
- Hire a Reno personal injury attorney as soon as possible to make sure that your rights are well-represented. Our attorneys are on standby, and ready to take on any accident. Call our experienced Las Vegas legal team today.
What should I not do after a car accident in Reno?
- We advise that you avoid discussing the accident with anyone until you have consulted with an experienced car accident attorney. Refrain from speaking to insurance adjusters, investigators, other attorneys, or anyone seeking details about the incident, as they might use this information unexpectedly.
- Our highly-rated attorneys also recommend staying off social media following the accident. Anything you post could potentially be used against you in legal proceedings.
- Don’t delay in seeking medical treatment. The more you postpone medical care, the more likely it could be argued against you. The opposing party might claim that the delay contributed to the severity of your injuries. For instance, if you have cuts from the accident, they could argue that not seeking immediate treatment worsened these injuries.
How can I file a car accident lawsuit in Nevada?
There are two major steps you could take after you have been involved in an accident in Nevada. These steps include:
- Filing a claim with your insurance company in Nevada: It’s mandatory for insured individuals to report any accidents they are involved in to their insurance company. In some cases, you cannot proceed with a lawsuit unless the accident has been reported and a claim filed with your insurer. An insurance adjuster will be assigned to your claim to review the details of the accident and assess liability.
- Filing a lawsuit against the insurance company or the other driver: Legal proceedings in Nevada follow specific rules and procedures. The decision on whom to file a lawsuit against depends on the specifics of the case. To understand these procedures and determine the appropriate party to sue, it’s advisable to consult with car accident attorneys who are experienced in Nevada law. For further guidance, contact our legal team today.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident in Las Vegas, make sure you reach out to our top-rated Las Vegas attorneys at Heidari law to schedule a consultation and speak to one of our highly experienced attorneys. We have several offices located in Nevada and California and are available 24/7 to our clients to make sure that we hold at fault parties accountable for compensation.
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000