Modesto Personal Injury Lawyer
Heidari Law Group
Heidari Law Group (Buena Park Office)
17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600
Irvine, CA 92614
tel: (949) 239-1020
fax: (949) 239-1021
Contact a Modesto
Personal Injury Lawyer
Open 24 HOURS A DAY
7 DAYS A WEEK
Modesto is a beautiful place to live, but accidents still happen here. When they do, innocent victims suffer some of the most serious injuries. The injuries sustained in an accident often require extensive medical treatment, and the lives of victims are often impacted for months and sometimes, even years. When an accident was caused by another person’s negligent, careless, or reckless actions, victims should not have to suffer the financial impact of an accident in addition to their other injuries.
If you have been injured, you can file a claim against any negligent party that contributed to your injuries to claim financial compensation for your losses. Our Modesto personal injury lawyers can help you claim the full damages that are justly yours.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Personal injury law is divided into many different areas. The laws that will apply to your case will depend on the type of accident you were involved in. Our Modesto personal injury lawyers have extensive experience with many different practice areas, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability accidents, including slip and falls
- Aviation and airline accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Product liability
- Wrongful death
The Personal Injury Process in Modesto
There are many steps involved in the personal injury process in Modesto. A Modesto personal injury lawyer will be familiar with the process and help you navigate it to ensure no mistakes are made. The main steps in the personal injury process in Modesto are as follows:
- Conducting an investigation: Before even speaking to the insurance company or filing a claim, a personal injury lawyer will conduct an investigation and collect evidence that is important to your case. Some of the most important evidence used in personal injury claims include photographs, eyewitness statements, and physical evidence from the scene.
- Sending a demand letter: If a lawyer believes that you have a case, they will send a demand letter to the liable party, or the insurer that covers them. The demand letter will outline why the negligent party is liable, the injuries you sustained, and the amount of damages you are pursuing.
- Filing the lawsuit: If you are not successful with the demand letter, you will need to file a lawsuit in court against the at-fault party. The lawsuit will notify the court that you are pursuing compensation for your injuries, and name the party you believe is liable. The lawsuit will also be served to the liable party and they then have the opportunity to respond. If they ignore the lawsuit, you can ask the court for a summary judgment, which will allow you to automatically win your case. In most instances though, particularly when you are suing an insurance company, the liable party does respond.
- Discovery: There are many stages to go through when filing a personal injury lawsuit. The longest of these by far, is the discovery stage. The discovery process allows you to ask the other side for information, and they can also ask you for documents and written answers to questions. This process is intended to allow each party to view the evidence the other side plans to use against them.
- Negotiations: Negotiations will start very early on in the personal injury process, but they can continue on during the trial, as well. The vast majority of personal injury cases are resolved through negotiations and only a few cases go to court.
- Trial: Fewer than five percent of personal injury cases go to trial. Going to trial has many benefits, but there are also some drawbacks. A Modesto personal injury lawyer can advise on whether this is the right option for your case.
Nearby Heidari Law Locations
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Modesto Can Help You Through the Process
The personal injury process in Modesto can help you claim the full damages you deserve, but going through it alone will only make matters more difficult. At Heidari Law Group, P.C., our Modesto personal injury lawyers can help you navigate it while helping you claim the full compensation you are entitled to. Call us now or reach out to us online to schedule a free case evaluation in English or Spanish.