Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Heidari Law Group
We Fight for the Rights of Injured Victims in Bakersfield and Throughout Central California
Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Open 24 HOURS A DAY
7 DAYS A WEEK
There are more motorcyclists in California than in any other state in the U.S., which also means that there is a higher likelihood of a motorcycle crash that could result in serious injuries. If another party’s negligence or reckless behavior caused a collision in which you were injured, you should get in touch with an Orange County motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as you can to learn more about filing a claim for compensation. At Heidari Law Group, P.C., we represent clients in a wide range of motorcycle accident cases and can speak with you today about your options.
Getting the Facts About Motorcycle Accidents in Orange County
Motorcycle accidents happen more frequently than you might think, and they are particularly common in Southern California. The following facts and figures come from the National Safety Council (NSC) and the Safe Transportation Research and Education Center (SafeTREC) at the University of California, Berkeley:
- California has more than 800,000 registered motorcycles, which makes it the state with the largest number of registered motorcycles in the country (Florida comes in second with about 550,000 registered motorcycles);
- Motorcycle accident injuries and fatalities in particular have risen recently, despite a decrease in the overall number of registered motorcycles;
- Nearly 13,000 motorcyclists sustain injuries in motorcycle crashes in California annually, and approximately 4 percent of those injuries are fatal;
- California motorcycle accident and injury statistics suggest that the rate of deadly and severe injuries is on the rise;
- Majority of California motorcyclists injured in crashes are “young and middle-aged males”;
- About 6 percent of people who are injured in motorcycle accidents in California are identified as motorcycle passengers;
- Highest number of motorcycle accident types in California are broadside collisions (27 percent of all crashes), followed by accidents involving an overturned bike (nearly 19 percent), striking an object (about 16 percent), rear-ending collision (about 14 percent), and sideswipe crashes (about 11 percent);
- Majority of motorcycle accidents in California and throughout the country occur on urban roads (about 60 percent), and in good weather (about 78 percent);
- Approximately 50 percent of all motorcycle deaths occur in daylight crashes; and
- Nearly 40 percent of motorcyclists who are killed nationwide in collisions were not wearing helmets at the time of the motorcycle accident.
Common Causes of Orange County Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can have a wide range of causes, but the NSC and SafeTREC identify the following as the most common:
- Automobile fails to yield right of way;
- Improper turn;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and
- Unsafe lane changes.
Injuries in Orange County Motorcycle Crashes
Given that motorcyclists do not have the same protections as motor vehicle occupants and are exposed to a range of injury risks while biking, injuries in a motorcycle crash are often severe. The following are common types of injuries sustained by motorcyclists in collisions involving automobiles and in single-vehicle crashes:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Neck and spinal cord injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Internal bleeding;
- Road rash (which can be severe);
- Cuts and lacerations; and
- Traumatic amputations.
Nearby Heidari Law Locations
Contact an Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or somebody you love sustained injuries in a motorcycle crash in Orange County, it is important to know that you may be eligible to file a claim for compensation. Negligent car and truck drivers are often responsible for severe and debilitating injuries that motorcyclists suffer in collisions, and it is critical to take action as soon as possible to seek the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. One of the experienced Orange County motorcycle accident attorneys at our firm can provide you with more information today. Contact Heidari Law Group, P.C. to learn more about how we can assist you. We also provide consultations in Spanish.