Orange County, CA Employment Law Lawyers
Our highly regarded employment and labor law attorneys in Orange County, specifically in Irvine, have the expertise to ensure that our clients receive the support they require. We firmly believe that no employee should endure discrimination or unfair treatment in the workplace, whether due to a hostile work environment or uncomfortable circumstances.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Employment and Labor Law Attorneys in Orange County
Navigating employment issues can be a daunting task, but our team understands the unique challenges faced by employees in Orange County. We are committed to creating a comfortable and thriving workplace environment for all our clients.
Our seasoned employment and labor law attorneys in Orange County bring decades of experience in holding employers accountable for their actions. With a proven track record of success, we welcome you to reach out to us today to arrange a complimentary initial consultation at our Irvine office. We also offer flexible communication options, including phone, email, and online chat, to accommodate your preferences.
If you or someone you know believes they have valid grounds for an employment lawsuit, don’t hesitate to contact us. Your consultation with us is not only free but also completely confidential, ensuring that you receive the necessary support to address your specific case effectively. Let us help you protect your rights and seek the justice you deserve.
What is employment and labor law
Employment and labor law governs the relationship between employers and employees, encompassing a wide range of legal regulations and protections. It addresses issues such as wages, working conditions, discrimination, harassment, workplace safety, and more. These laws aim to ensure fair treatment, equal opportunities, and a safe environment for workers. Employment and labor law also covers aspects like employee rights, contracts, and collective bargaining, helping to maintain a balance of power in the workplace and uphold the rights of both employers and employees.
Examples of employment law claims
Employment and labor law issues are a significant concern in Orange County, particularly within the context of employer-employee relationships. The key element in an employment law case is the nature of this relationship, with employees entitled to benefits and wages, rather than being classified as independent contractors. Here are some examples of employment law matters relevant to Orange County:
- Workplace Safety Violations: Employers in Orange County must adhere to labor codes, especially in industries like factories and construction sites. Ensuring safe working conditions and compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act laws is crucial.
- Employment Contracts: Disputes often arise from written contracts, including non-compete agreements, severance agreements, pay agreements, or non-disclosure agreements. Misunderstandings or disagreements over contract terms can lead to legal disputes.
- Whistleblower Claims: Whistleblowers in Orange County, protected by the law, report violations in the workplace. Employers are prohibited from treating whistleblowers unfairly, and retaliation can result in a wrongful retaliation claim.
- Workplace Retaliation: When an employee faces unfair treatment for reporting workplace issues, such as discrimination, it may lead to a valid claim for workplace retaliation.
- Workplace Harassment: Illegal workplace harassment, including instances of racial and sexual harassment, is a serious concern in Orange County. Employers must adhere to both state and federal laws and maintain internal workplace practices to prevent harassment
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): Employers are obligated to grant employees time off to care for their families, and they must reinstate employees returning from FMLA leave.
- Employee Benefits: Under California law, employees in Orange County are entitled to various benefits, including minimum wage, health insurance, and stock options.
- Privacy Violations: In employment law cases, employees may claim against employers for recording or monitoring them, constituting a violation of privacy.
- Workplace Discrimination: Discrimination against employees based on factors like race, age, gender, or LGBTQ status is a critical issue in Orange County’s labor landscape
- Wage Disputes: Disagreements over employee pay and categorization are common employment law claims in Orange County.
- Workers Compensation Claims: In the event of on-the-job injuries, employees have the right to file claims with their employers.
If you or someone you know has encountered any of these situations in Orange County, seeking guidance from an experienced employment attorney is essential. Orange County’s unique labor codes and legal standards require expert advice to navigate successfully.
When should I file my employment law claim
The term “Statute of limitations” is a legal concept that refers to the timeframe within which a plaintiff can file a claim. If a plaintiff initiates legal action after this timeframe has elapsed, their claim is likely to be dismissed. It’s important to note that different states have varying time limits for different types of claims. In California, these time limits depend on the nature of the claim.
- For workplace harassment, discrimination, or retaliation claims, the statute of limitations is 1 year after the employee receives the right-to-sue notice.
- If the claim involves a breach of an oral contract, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of the contract breach.
- Claims related to an employer’s failure to pay employee wages have a statute of limitations of 3 years from the date of non-payment.
- In cases of a breach of a written contract, employees have up to 4 years after the breach to file their claim.
Understanding which category your employment law claim falls under can be complex due to the various scenarios involved. We recommend reaching out to our employment law attorneys in Orange County immediately to schedule a free, no-risk consultation. During this consultation, we can assess the specifics of your situation and determine the applicable statute of limitations for your claim. Don’t hesitate to contact us for expert guidance and support.
Contact Heidari law group for free consulting
If you or a loved one believe that your rights may have been violated by your employer in Orange County, it’s crucial to reach out to an employment lawyer without delay. It’s important to note that each state has its own statute of limitations for workplace discrimination claims.
Contact our Orange County employment law attorneys at Heidari Law Group today to arrange a complimentary consultation. During this meeting, we can discuss the details of your employment law claim and explore various strategies to ensure you receive proper compensation for any injuries or injustices you’ve experienced.
We take a personalized and aggressive approach to safeguarding your rights, drawing upon decades of experience to advocate for your best interests. At Heidari Law Group, we are dedicated to upholding the rights of all employees in Orange County, and our track record of success in employment law cases across the region speaks for itself.
It’s important to know that our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means we only charge if we win your case. If you require legal representation for an employment law matter, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today at (949) 239-1021 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to support you and fight for your rights.
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- Protecting Whistleblowers from Workplace Retaliation
- Your Rights When Coming Out At Work
- Wrongful Termination in California: Understanding Your Rights
- Can I Get Fired for Calling in Sick?
- What is a Breach of Contract?
- What is Quid Pro Quo?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- When to Hire an Employment Lawyer
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000