Orange County Uber, Lyft, Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Heidari Law Group
We Fight for the Rights of Injured Victims in Bakersfield and Throughout Central California
Orange County Uber, Lyft,
Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Open 24 HOURS A DAY
7 DAYS A WEEK
Getting hurt in any type of motor vehicle collision is a devastating experience. When a motorist responsible for the collision is an Uber, Lyft, or rideshare driver, it can be particularly frustrating to know that a driver responsible for safely transporting others behaved in a negligent manner. In some Uber and Lyft collisions, the rideshare driver is not responsible, but instead another motorist is at fault for the collision. No matter how a rideshare accident happened, it is critical to find out about your options for seeking compensation. An experienced Orange County Uber/Lyft/Rideshare accident lawyer at Heidari Law Group, P.C. can assess your case today and provide you with more information about your options.
Steps to Take After an Uber, Lyft, or Rideshare Accident in Orange County
What should you do after a rideshare accident? Similar to steps you would take after another type of collision, it is critical to gather evidence and document the scene, as well as to ensure that you do not make any errors that could limit your ability to obtain compensation later on. Consider the following steps:
- Call 911 to have the police arrive at the scene and issue a citation to the at-fault driver;
- Take photographs at the scene of the accident, identifying any property damage to the vehicles involved in the collision as well as any injuries;
- Obtain names and contact information for everyone involved in the accident, including the rideshare driver and anyone riding in the Uber or Lyft, as well as for anyone who may have witnessed the Uber or Lyft accident;
- Go to a doctor for a medical assessment immediately, even if you do not think your injuries require emergency care;
- Determine whether you need to report the accident to your auto insurer (if you were driving at the time of the crash, you do); and
- Seek advice from a rideshare accident lawyer in Orange County.
If you wait too long to seek medical care and it turns out you have injuries that worsened because of your delay, the defendant could argue that your damages award should be reduced due to your own negligence.
Who is Liable for Injuries in an Orange County Uber or Lyft Accident?
Liability in an Orange County Uber or Lyft accident will depend on many factors, and in some circumstances, more than one party may be at fault. Commonly liable parties include but are not limited to:
- Negligent Uber or Lyft driver;
- Negligent motorist in another vehicle;
- Negligent pedestrian or bicyclist;
- Maker of a defective vehicle part; or
- Owner of the road or area where the rideshare accident happened.
When an Uber or Lyft driver is “on,” meaning that they have either accepted a ride and are en route for a pickup, or they have a paying passenger in the vehicle, both Uber insurance and Lyft insurance may pay up to $1 million in damages if the rideshare driver was responsible for the accident.
Filing an Uber or Lyft Lawsuit in Orange County
If you plan to file a lawsuit against a negligent motorist or another at-fault party in an Uber or Lyft accident, it will be essential to file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out. Under California law, the statute of limitations for most types of accident claims is two years from the date that the accident occurred. In a rideshare crash, if you are suing the Uber or Lyft driver, your case will likely have a two-year statute of limitations. However, in some rideshare accident cases, the accident may have resulted from a hazardous road condition or a negligent motorist in another vehicle who was working at the time of the crash.
Nearby Heidari Law Locations
Contact an Orange County Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
After any accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, you should get in touch with an Orange County rideshare accident attorney to find out about filing a claim for compensation. Contact Heidari Law Group, P.C. today. We also provide consultations in Spanish.