Fresno Employment Law Attorneys
Contact our Fresno employment and labor attorneys if you have experienced a discriminatory or hostile work environment.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Fresno Employment and Labor Law Attorneys
How much do our Fresno employment attorneys cost?
Our Fresno employment attorneys handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. Under this agreement, we represent clients in employment and labor disputes without requiring any upfront fees. This means you won’t owe our attorneys any fees unless we win compensation for you.
What types of claims do employment law and labor law include?
Employment and labor law cover a broad range of scenarios that an employee might encounter in the workplace. Our employment lawyers represent employees who have experienced mistreatment at work, whether from co-workers, supervisors, or the employer. Some examples of employment and labor claims and lawsuits include:
- Wrongful Termination: This involves employees being dismissed from their job for illegal reasons. Such reasons can include discrimination based on gender, race, age, disability, religion, and other protected characteristics.
- Racial Discrimination: A prevalent issue in workplaces, it involves unfair treatment of employees based on their race.
- Gender Discrimination: This occurs when an employee is treated unfavorably due to their gender or gender-related characteristics.
- Age Discrimination: This type of discrimination happens when employers treat employees differently based on their age, particularly impacting older employees.
- Disability Discrimination: Common instances include denying reasonable accommodation requests made by disabled employees.
- Sexual Harassment: Often underreported, it involves unwelcome sexual advances or conduct in the workplace, which can lead to a fear of job loss if reported.
- Wage and Hour Disputes: These disputes might include minimum wage violations, misclassification of employees as independent contractors, and issues with unpaid wages and benefits.
- Wrongful Retaliation: Employers are prohibited from retaliating against employees who report illegal activities at work, including financial misconduct or mistreatment of employees.
- Hostile Work Environment: Employers are responsible for ensuring a safe and non-abusive work environment, free from discrimination and abusive conduct.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: These are filed by employees who suffer injuries at work, covering medical expenses and lost wages.
These are just a few examples of the types of employment lawsuits frequently encountered in Fresno. To discuss your specific employment situation in more detail, we encourage you to contact our attorneys for a complimentary, private consultation.
Fresno Employment Statistics
As of May 2022, Fresno reported an average hourly wage of $27.48, which was less than the national average hourly wage of $29.76, as stated by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Fresno employment is concentrated into 9 out of the 22 occupational groups. These groups include:
- Material moving
- Educational instruction
- Protective service
- Farming, fishing, and forestry
- Office and administrative support
Transportation and material moving was the industry that had the most employees compared to other cities in California. Fresno has around 35,000 positions in transportation and material moving, which is around 10% of the employment.
- As of 2024, the City of Fresno has budgeted to fund 90% of its 4,500 authorized positions, accounting for an assumed 10% vacancy rate among employees
- White collar workers make up around 72% of the employment-population in Fresno. Around 28% are blue-collar employees.
- Around 10% of the workforce in Fresno consider themselves entrepreneurs, 67% are workers who are employed in private companies, and 23% of the workforce is employed in a governmental institution.
As highlighted earlier, Fresno boasts a diverse range of job positions and industries. However, discrimination and wrongful retaliation can occur in any sector. Contact us today to learn how you can file an employment or labor law claim or lawsuit in Fresno.
What will our Fresno labor law attorneys do?
- Our Fresno employment lawyers will conduct thorough interviews with all relevant witnesses. For instance, if other co-workers have also faced similar discrimination, we will speak with them to understand the full extent of the issue.
- Our highly-regarded attorneys will carry out an extensive investigation into the situation, compiling all necessary workplace documents, employee manuals, and records of employee training.
- Additionally, we will engage in negotiations with the involved parties to reach a settlement. This agreement will aim to address your compensation needs, as well as any other losses you have incurred.
Do I have to file a lawsuit?
Regrettably, numerous employees in Fresno might be unaware that they have a legitimate employment and labor law claim. Many might not realize that they have been wrongfully terminated and are entitled to pursue legal action. Contact us today to discuss your situation and determine if you are eligible to file a lawsuit for compensation.
Depending on the circumstances, filing a lawsuit might be necessary. In other scenarios, our attorneys represent clients in various proceedings such as administrative hearings, mediation sessions, or arbitration hearings.
What are the different organizations that establish labor and employment laws?
There are various agencies in California that make sure employees are following all employment and labor laws. These different agencies include:
- California Division Of Labor Standards And Enforcement
- California Department Of Fair Employment And Housing
- United States Department Of Labor
- The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
California is a state that has the most laws and protections when it comes to the fair treatment of employees. When employees are not treated fairly, they are eligible to file a lawsuit and assert their rights. There are also various remedies that an employee could pursue. For more information, give us a call.
Contact Our Experienced Fresno Employment Lawyers Today
Our Fresno employment lawyers possess extensive experience in ensuring employees receive top-tier legal representation and compensation for workplace injustices. No employee should suffer from wrongful compensation denial or misclassification by their employer. It is mandatory for all employers to comply with both California and federal labor laws.
At Heidari Law, our attorneys are committed to defending your rights. We diligently work every day to ensure our clients are adequately compensated for emotional distress and lost wages resulting from wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, or any other workplace issues.
Employers are obligated to adhere to all relevant state and federal laws. A key piece of legislation governing employment laws is the California Fair Employment And Housing Act, which forbids discrimination in various forms, including but not limited to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our workplace retaliation attorneys, workplace harassment attorneys, workplace discrimination attorneys, unpaid wages attorneys, leave of absence attorneys, and wrongful termination attorneys are available to help you every step of the way. Call Heidari Law Group today for a free case evaluation.
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- Protecting Whistleblowers from Workplace Retaliation
- Your Rights When Coming Out At Work
- Wrongful Termination in California: Understanding Your Rights
- Can I Get Fired for Calling in Sick?
- What is a Breach of Contract?
- What is Quid Pro Quo?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- When to Hire an Employment Lawyer
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000