Acetaminophen Birth Defect Mass Tort Attorney
You or your loved one may be eligible for compensation if you took Tylenol or acetaminophen during pregnancy and it has caused birth defects, such as autism. Contact our experienced California mass tort attorneys for more information on the type of compensation you could recover.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
What is a mass tort lawsuit?
A mass tort lawsuit is when there are several victims of a defect that have filed a lawsuit against a single party, in this case, it would be the manufacturer of Tylenol.
Several studies are currently underway that are researching the link between Tylenol and birth defects when the mother of the child took acetaminophen during their pregnancy. This study was reported in the nature news Endocrinology Science Journal. This research found that the increase in the use of medication during pregnancy increases the risk of the child being born with a birth defect.
What are the injuries of Acetaminophen?
Those that took acetaminophen during pregnancy had children with a urogenital or reproductive birth defect, with the most common being:
- Urethra opening that is abnormal
What products contain acetaminophen?
Several products in the United States pharmaceutical market include acetaminophen, which is why this is a mass tort lawsuit that involves several injured victims. The below medications are popular, and include acetaminophen:
- Tylenol cough and cold
- Tylenol Sinus
If you have taken any of the above medications that contain acetaminophen during pregnancy, and have had a child born with a birth defect, you may be eligible for compensation. Give our mass tort attorneys at Heidari law a call today to discuss the different options you could have to receive compensation.
Tylenol and Autism Link Study
Research has shown that mothers who took acetaminophen while their child was in the womb had a 20% higher chance of their child being born with autism. The study was done by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in 2019. There are currently several other studies that are still pending, and many other studies are also finding a link between acetaminophen and birth defects.
What compensation could I receive for the Tylenol mass tort lawsuit?
- Emotional distress: this takes into account the pain and suffering the mother had to endure while their child was born with a birth defect and the emotional distress the mother has to go through raising their child with the birth defect.
- Medical bills: this takes into account the past medical complications that the mother had when giving birth to the child with autism, and any other future medical costs that may be needed to care for the child.
- Caregiver costs: this usually takes into consideration the need for a caregiver to raise the child with autism.
- Special education: the child may need special education in the future, and this is a type of compensation that a mother could recover.
- Loss of quality of life: this is a type of damage raised on behalf of the child that has been born with a birth defect.
- Financial loss: this includes time taken from the mother’s work life, including any financial loss that the child has caused.
- Permanent disability cost: this takes into consideration the permanent disability that the child now has into adulthood.
- Punitive damages: this is only awarded in certain circumstances in the event that the manufacturer knew or should have known that their product had a defect and caused birth defects.
Who qualifies for a Tylenol autism mass tort lawsuit?
Similar to several different mass tort lawsuit requirements, you must meet several factors in order to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer and join the group of mass tort victims. In this certain case with Tylenol and autism, you must show:
- You took Tylenol or acetaminophen while you were pregnant. If the doctor advised the mother not to take acetaminophen, then the mother may have a hard time qualifying for this mass tort lawsuit.
- Your child was born with a birth defect. Your child participated in an individual educational program or an Autism early intervention program.
If you meet the above two requirements, then you have the right to file a civil lawsuit against the drug manufacturer for the injuries you have suffered by taking acetaminophen.
When do I have to file my acetaminophen lawsuit in California?
Each state has a different amount of time when you should file your acetaminophen and autism lawsuit. Because this lawsuit falls under a manufacturer’s negligence or product defect, it will fall under a product’s liability or a personal injury lawsuit. In California, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a product defect lawsuit.
You also have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury negligence lawsuit against the manufacturer.
What is a product liability lawsuit?
A product liability lawsuit is a type of lawsuit that holds the product manufacturer responsible for any defects in the product that they have created. In this case, the product manufacturer of these various drugs that have acetaminophen produced a drug that has potential birth injuries.
What types of evidence could I use in my acetaminophen lawsuit?
There are many different types of evidence that our attorneys will use to prove the acetaminophen lawsuit. Our attorneys will be able to get a better understanding of your specific case through a free no risk consultation. The different types of evidence include:
- Medical records showing that the child has been born with a birth defect
- Medical records showing that the mother of the child took acetaminophen
- Bank statements of medical bills
- Prescriptions of pain medication suggesting acetaminophen for pain
- Psychiatrist records showing that the child has autism or other birth defects
The different types of evidence we need depend on the circumstances of your specific lawsuit. For more information, we highly recommend that you give our mass tort attorneys a call today to discuss your potential autism and Tylenol lawsuit.
How much could I recover for my autism and Tylenol lawsuit?
Since this is a mass tort lawsuit, each type of victim suffered different types of injuries. That is why we are unable to give you a general amount and compensation you can receive until we analyze the circumstances of the injuries that you have suffered. For example, a child that has been born with permanent birth defects that will last throughout their lifetime will need hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation.
Tylenol And Autism Attorney Near Me
Our attorneys at Heidari law know how to successfully maneuver through a mass tort lawsuit. Mass tort lawsuits are very different from regular civil lawsuit, such as a car accident. That is why it is very important that you understand all the steps involved with filing a mass tort lawsuit.
We have been representing victims of mass tort lawsuits for several decades now. We understand the stress you may have to deal with in the event that your child has been born with a birth defect. We are always on our client’s side and will maneuver through the legal process as you focus on taking care of your child.
No person should have to suffer injuries because of another party’s negligent actions. Call us today to schedule your free no risk consultation to discuss your potential acetaminophen lawsuit.
- Aviation and Airline Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000