Head Injury Attorney
Our award-winning head injury law firm will provide guidance in representation in order to receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one have suffered head injuries as a result of an accident in Los Angeles, contact our qualified Los Angeles head injury lawyers to represent you in a claim against the at-fault party for negligence. We have been representing victims who have suffered head injuries in Los Angeles County for decades and understand the stressful situation a head injury victim could be going through. Our committed attorneys investigate the claim and determine the best legal strategies we can take in order to ensure compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
Los Angeles County Head Injury Statistics
- 61% of patients treated in the emergency department for head injuries in Los Angeles county were male.
- 37% of patients treated in the emergency department for head injuries in Los Angeles County were white.
- 38% of patients treated in the emergency department for head injuries in Los Angeles county were Hispanic.
- 28% of patients treated in the emergency department for head injuries in Los Angeles county were between the ages of 15 and 24 years old.
- 37% of patients treated in the emergency department for head injuries in Los Angeles County had been involved in a fall.
- The second most common reason for emergency department head injury visits were due to motor vehicle accidents.
- The third most common reason for emergency department head injury visits was because the patient was struck by another.
- Football was the top sport to result in head injuries.
- Soccer was the second most common sport that resulted in head injuries.
- Basketball was the third most common sport that resulted in head injuries.
- The most common symptoms in Los Angeles County for head injuries were that the patient had difficulty thinking and difficulty concentrating.
Head Injury Symptoms in Los Angeles
Head injuries can cause victims to experience a wide variety of different symptoms. Some symptoms are physical where others are cognitive-related. A majority of symptoms are short-lived, but some may last a lifetime as a result of the brain damage caused by the head injury. These are some of the most common symptoms that victims experience after suffering a head or skull injury:
- Aggravation or combativeness
- Clear fluid drainage from the ears or nose
- Confusion or disorientation while conscious
- Difficulty concentrating
- Loss of balance & coordination
- Memory issues
- Numbness in the extremities such as in the fingers and toes
- Profound confusion
- Pupil dilation
- Seizures or convulsions
- Slurred speech
- Sudden mood swings
- Trouble sleeping or the inability to wake from sleep
What are the most common causes of head injuries in Los Angeles?
Because the city of Los Angeles is very congested, you are more likely to get involved in an accident. There are several different types of ways that someone could sustain head injuries in Los Angeles. The most common ways are:
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Oxygen deprivation
- Sport injuries
- Bicycle accidents
What are the different types of head injuries?
- Open head injuries, also known as penetrating head injuries, involve a break, fracture, or penetration of the skull. These types of head injuries often cause severe brain damage if the penetrating object is able to enter the brain tissue. Open head injuries are more common in situations involving gunshot wounds, car accidents, and fireworks accidents. With open injuries, the damage is typically more in the area where the penetrating object entered, but both types of head injury can cause swelling across the brain and other potentially life-threatening conditions.
- Closed head injuries occur when a victim’s head is struck, but the object does not penetrate, break, or fracture the skull. A good portion of head injuries received in sports are closed head injuries. The brain damage from this type of injury mostly stems from the impact of the brain hitting the inside of the skull which can cause a variety of problems including internal bruising and bleeding in the brain.
- Concussions are the most common type of head injury suffered. They mostly fall under closed head injuries, but can also result from open head injuries. Whiplash, violent shaking, and sports impacts are the most common causes of concussions. Post-concussion syndrome is a disorder that can be brought on by a concussion and can last for over a year.
- Contusions are a type of head injury that involve severe bruising or internal bleeding of the brain. Contusions that are on the larger side often require surgical intervention to help with recovery. This type of head injury can occur without impact and can result from other situations such as microhemorrhages or blood vessel leakage. A contusion can be life-threatening or lead to permanent brain damage when it is paired with severe swelling of the brain, also known as edema.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries are suffered when the brain is unable to keep up with the movement of the skull, resulting in dangerous tearing, twisting, or shaking of the brain. Car accidents are a common cause of this type of head injury.
How can our Los Angeles head injury attorneys help you?
It is very important to hire an experienced Los Angeles attorney. You should not hire an attorney without looking into their experience and knowledge, along with their track record. We hold a successful track record, and provide personalized services while we handle the legal hurdles. When litigating head injuries, our Los Angeles attorneys:
- Select and review medical records to determine the type of head injuries suffered and the severity of the head injury.
- File a claim against the at-fault party in court, taking care of all the legal paperwork.
- Calculate the value for the damages suffered. This includes both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are those that are easily calculated, such as medical records and lost wages. Non-economic damages are those types of damages that involve the trauma suffered by the victim.
- Hire experts to determine the severity of your head injury. We have relationships with top experts in Los Angeles to assert the severity of head injuries suffered.
- Negotiate with the insurance company.
- Litigating your claim in court if negotiations have not been reached with the insurance company. Our aggressive attorneys are not afraid of going to court if the settlement offer is too low.
What is the average settlement amount for a head injury in Los Angeles?
Average settlement amounts could differ depending on the circumstances of the head injury suffered. There is no specific formula that Los Angeles insurance companies use when determining the amount of damages they must pay to the victim. However, there is a variety of factors that our head injury attorneys look towards to determine the amount of damages you could receive. For example, our attorneys look into the severity of the injury, where the injury occurred, and if the plaintiff sought any medical treatment.
Who is responsible for my Los Angeles head injury?
There could be several defendants responsible for your head injury. Examples of defendants could include drivers, product manufacturers, landowners, business owners, etc. Each party must be represented by an attorney. To determine which party you can file a lawsuit against for your head injury, contact our attorneys today.
Los Angeles Wrongful Death Claims for Head Injuries
If a victim has passed away sustaining head injuries in the collision, the victim’s family will be able to bring a wrongful death claim against the at fault party. Wrongful death claims seek reimbursement for the victim’s future lost income, along with any funeral expenses.
Los Angeles Statute of Limitations for Head Injuries
It is very important to hire an experienced attorney immediately after sustaining head injuries since each state has different statute of limitations. Statute of limitations determine when a plaintiff could bring their claim. When the plaintiff brings their claim after the statute of limitations has passed, then they run the risk of having their claim dismissed by the court.
Each type of scenario requires a different statute of limitations time period. For example, whenever there is a government entity involved, the statute of limitations time period could be much shorter than expected. That is why it is important to hire an experienced attorney that is well-versed in statute of limitations laws in your state.
The statute of limitations for head injuries suffered in California is 2 years from the date of the incident. If the plaintiff failed to bring a lawsuit against the add fall party after two years, then they will most likely lose the right to file a lawsuit.
Contact Our Los Angeles Head Injury Lawyers Today
When it comes to getting compensation for the injustices you’ve suffered at the hands of another party, Heidari Law Group is here to help. Our head injury team is located in the heart of Los Angeles, on Wilshire. We are conveniently located in an office near you, and are available 24/7 via phone, email, or in person. We understand that dealing with head injuries could result in both physical and emotional effects. That is why it is important to hire an aggressive head injury attorney to pursue your claims and make sure you seek the compensation you deserve. If you’re looking for experienced help with your case, contact us today at 1-833-225-5454 or fill out the form on our contact us page for a free case evaluation.
Our Los Angeles head injury attorneys treat each case individually, and provide our 100% client focused attention. If you have any questions regarding your head injury claim, we are always here to help. If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident that has caused a head injury, contact our Los Angeles head injury attorneys for a free consultation.