Clergy Sexual Abuse Attorney
Many people rely on the clergy for spiritual guidance and emotional support. However, there are some unfortunate circumstances where church leaders may not act in the way they are supposed to. Usually, church members are looked towards for honesty and to care for others. But, there have been several instances of sexual abuse within several different churches in the last couple of years. If you or a loved one have been through use by a clergy member, contact our attorneys immediately to see how we can help you.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Sexual abuse is a very traumatic experience, and not only will a victim have physical injuries, but they may also deal with the pain and suffering of emotional trauma for the rest of their life. We understand how difficult it could be to come forward and talk to one of our attorneys. Our attorneys have confidential free consultations where we are open to listening to all aspects of your potential clergy abuse lawsuit.
We know that there is no dollar amount that we could equate to for the trauma that you have experienced. But, the least we could do is hold those abusers financially responsible for what you have gone through.
Despite the fact that members of the clergy had a no-abuse policy enacted 15 years ago, abuse is still very popular throughout various different churches, including the Catholic church. In fact, around 69% admit that abuse by Catholic clergy is an ongoing problem in a study conducted by PEW research center.
Seek justice against those who have done you wrong, and contact our clergy abuse attorneys Heidari law today for more information. If you or someone you know has been a survivor of sexual abuse by a clergy member, contact us today to see the legal remedies you could take charge of to hold the perpetrators accountable.
Clergy Abuse In California Statistics
In a single year, there were around 800 reported clergy sexual abuse instances in the state of California. But, several researchers have said that this is just the reported amount. There are several hundreds of unreported sexual abuse instances were the victims have been afraid of coming forward.
What is clergy abuse?
Clergy abuse occurs when religious members from all types of churches, including the Catholic church, Protestant church, Mormons, and several other churches, abuse members of society. Recently, there have been numerous worldwide scandals involving clergy members who have abused minors throughout various different churches.
Psychological Effects Of Clergy Sexual Abuse
Clergy sexual abuse not only has physical effects and injuries, but psychological effects are tremendous. Examples of the psychological effects sexual abuse could include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Behavioral issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Body image issues
- Developmental issues
- Self-destructive Behavior
- Distrusting others around
- Socially isolating themselves from others
- Strain in spousal relationships
- Strain in friend relationships
- Poor self-esteem
Above are just some examples of the psychological disorders that could result from clergy sexual abuse. This is especially more common in minors.
How can our Heidari Law clergy sexual abuse lawyers help you?
- Sometimes, it could be very difficult to prove clergy sexual abuse, especially if the abuse occurred several years ago. Our attorneys will investigate the circumstances of the abuse to determine what the best steps are to gather all the relevant pieces of evidence to prove your claim.
- We provide compassionate representation and have confidential consultations to make sure we have as much information as we can from you to build your strong case.
- We negotiate with attorneys to make sure that all your damages have been represented.
- In the event that your case goes to trial, we fight in trial to hold the abusers responsible for their actions.
When do I file my clergy sexual abuse lawsuit?
Usually, for all personal injury cases, the victim must file their lawsuit within two years from the date of the injuries. But, this could get very complicated when it comes to sexual abuse instances. For example, victims of sexual abuse may not come forward until years, even decades later. That is why the California legislature passed the child victims act in 2020.
This act allows anyone until the age of their 40th birthday or 22 years from the age of majority to hold the perpetrator responsible for damages from any sexual abuse. Further, the victim could also hold the perpetrator responsible for the lingering psychological effects and psychological illnesses. For more information, contact our California clergy sexual abuse attorneys today to see what the best steps are to make sure that you hold the perpetrator responsible.
Who can I file a lawsuit against for my clergy sexual abuse lawsuit?
- The most common defendant in a sexual abuse clergy circumstance is the perpetrator themselves. Which means that it could be the priest or other employees.
- In the event that the church knew of the abuse tendencies of the clergy member, the church could also be held responsible.
- If there were other employees or volunteers that knew about the abuse but covered it up intentionally, they could also be held responsible. California requires that those who know of any instances of sexual abuse be required to report the abuse to the proper authorities. Those are considered the enablers of the abuse.
To see exactly which party you could hold responsible, contact our top-rated California sexual abuse lawyers to schedule a one-on-one consultation.
Why should I file a clergy sexual abuse lawsuit?
- We know that no monetary amount will be able to repay you for the trauma and the physical injuries that you have had to face from the sexual abuse. But, when you file a legal action against the abuser, you are taking a stand against the abuser and preventing any other future abuses from happening.
- You are also able to get financially compensated for the pain and suffering that you have gone through.
- Besides the financial compensation, you could also hold the perpetrator responsible and have a record, making it difficult for the perpetrator to have any other future employment opportunities.
- Further, when you hold abuse perpetrators responsible, you are making an example to others who may not have come forward in cases of sexual abuse.
Contact Our Top Rated Clergy Abuse Attorneys Today
Since clergy abuse is a very specific topic of a lawsuit, it is very important that you have a highly experienced attorney on your side. When you are ready to come forward, our attorneys are on standby, and ready to help you every step of the way. You should not have to live with the traumatic experience. You deserve reparations for everything that you have gone through.
Our Heidari law attorneys will fight for you and hold the abuser responsible.
We cater to various different counties in California, including Los Angeles county, San Francisco county, Kern county, Ventura county, El Dorado county, Colusa county, Contra Costa county, Fresno county, Riverside county, Alameda county, Santa Clara county, Sacramento county, Napa county, Santa Cruz county, Monterey county, San Joaquin County Nevada county, San Benito county, Santa Barbara county, etc.
For several decades, our attorneys have helped several different victims of abuse in California, and have worked to hold those perpetrators responsible for the abuse.
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Metro Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000