Irvine Whistleblower Retaliation Attorneys
Our experienced Irvine whistleblower retaliation attorneys help and protect whistleblowers’ rights. If you have been retaliated against for speaking up, contact our whistleblower protection attorneys today.
Our Irvine attorneys understand that it is never easy to speak up against an injustice that you faced in the workplace. California has several laws in place that protect whistleblowers, and allow whistleblowers to speak up against any injustice they may experience while at work. It is unlawful and unethical for an employer to retaliate against an employee for speaking up and blowing the whistle.
Our Irvine whistleblower attorneys have decades of experience representing employees who have blown the whistle against their employers and spoke up. Our Orange County attorneys offer free no risk consultations to discuss the merits of your case, and the potential claims you may have for compensation. It is important that you get in touch with a whistleblower attorney immediately that is knowledgeable under both Federal and California laws.
Our Irvine whistleblower lawyers are available 24/7 via phone and email, and have an office located in Irvine to address any of your concerns you may have regarding your whistleblower claim.
Who Are Whistleblowers?
Whistleblower is a term used to describe an employee for speaking up against their employer for any fraudulent or illegal conduct the employer is taking part in. If your employer treats you differently after speaking up against any fraudulent conduct, you may have a claim against them for whistleblower retaliation.
Examples of whistleblower violations include:
- Violations of environment laws
- Sexual harassment
California Whistleblower Laws
California whistleblower laws protect whistleblowers who:
- Report any fraudulent or illegal activity conducted by their employer to a government agency
- Report any employment wage and hour violations
- Report any tax fraud done by the employer
- Report a violation of a regulation to a supervisor within the company
- Report any environmental law violations and labor violations to a government agency
- Report any wasteful violations to the California State Auditor
What is whistleblower retaliation?
When an employee engages in any type of protected whistleblower actions, the employer cannot treat the employee differently. If the employer treats the employee differently, the employee has a claim against the employer for retaliation. If you need assistance with your whistleblower retaliation claim, contact our Orange County attorneys immediately. Examples of whistleblower retaliation include:
- Reducing the employees pay
- Firing the employee
- Denying the employer promotion
- Reducing the employees work hours
- Excluding the employee from work related activities
- Failing to train the employee
- Demoting the employee
- Providing the employee with negative performance reviews
- Transferring the employee
- Denying the employee access to professional credentials
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive For My Whistleblower Retaliation Claim In Irvine?
The damages and compensation you could receive for your whistleblower retaliation claim depend on the circumstances of the lawsuit. For example, the different types of damages you could potentially receive include:
- Lost wages
- Pension benefits
- Health care benefits
- Physical pain
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of career opportunities
- Back pay
- Punitive damages: this is in very rare instances
Federal Sarbanes-Oxley Act
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act is a federal law that allows California employees to sue their employers in federal court if the employers retaliate against the employee for speaking up. This allows employees to file a claim against their employers if they work for a publicly traded company.
What if my whistleblower suspicion was incorrect?
If you spoke up against your employer for any illegal practices they engaged in, and you were incorrect, you are still protected under both federal and state whistleblower protection acts. The only requirement when reporting is that the whistleblower reasonably believes that there was a violation by their employer.
Contact Our Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers Today
Get into contact with our Irvine whistleblower attorneys today to determine the different rights and protections you may have against your employer. There are several laws in place, both on the federal level and on the state level that protect an employee from speaking up against their employer. We make sure that our clients’ interests are constantly protected, and are readily available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have regarding your whistleblower claim.
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that you do not have to pay for our attorneys upfront unless we win compensation in your favor. Contact us today to set up a free no risk consultation.
How can you prove whistleblower retaliation in Irvine?
There are elements that a whistleblower retaliation attorney must have to prove for asserting a whistleblower retaliation claim. These elements include:
- The employee engaged in a protected activity: this protected activity is reporting any illegal misconduct the employee reasonably believed was occurring at the workplace
- The employer then responded with a conduct against the employee
- The employer responded with conduct because the employee blew the whistle against the employer
False Claims Act Damages
If a whistleblower reports any government violations, and it is accurate, the government provides the whistleblower a portion of the proceeds of their recovery. This is considered a Qui Tam lawsuit. This type of lawsuit could be somewhat complex, that is why it is very important that you contact an Irvine employment law attorney immediately. You could receive around 15 to 25% of the government’s recovery in a Qui Tam lawsuit.
UC Irvine Whistleblower Retaliation Case
One of the most common and recent whistleblower retaliation cases occurred in 2019 when a UC Irvine neuropsychiatrist was awarded nearly two million dollars. Plaintiff Linskey was a professor of neurological surgery at University of California, Irvine. He was a whistleblower and reported to the government concerns about patient safety and any conflicts of interest that UC Irvine had.
Because Linskey spoke up against this employer’s misconduct, the employer retaliated against him by moving him into another department. The employer also worked to make sure that nobody assisted Linskey when he moved to that new department.
We have decades of experience representing residents from the Orange County area with their whistleblower protection claims. Other than whistleblower retaliation, our attorneys are also skilled in several other employment law claims, including discrimination, wrongful termination, and LGBTQ discrimination.
There are several laws in place to protect you from discrimination, fraud, or harassment if you had blown the whistle against your employer. Contact our Irvine office today.
If you have been mistreated, contact us today.
Our attorneys serve all of the Orange County and its cities including:
Orange, Irvine, Newport Beach, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Fullerton, Tustin, Mission Viejo, Garden Grove, San Clemente, Westminster, Buena Park, Dana Point, Yorba Linda, Lake Forest, Laguna Niguel, Bria, Fountain Valley, San Juan Capistrano, Aliso Viejo, Cypress, Laguna Hills, Rancho Santa Margarita, La Habra, Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Ladera Ranch, Placentia, Laguna Woods, Villa Park, Stanton, La Palma, Midway City, Rossmoor, Los Flores, Rancho Mission Viejo, etc.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers