Workplace Retaliation Attorney in Irvine
No employee should have to be retaliated against by their employer for speaking up. Give our top-rated Irvine attorneys a call today to discuss how you can get the care and justice you deserve.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Unfortunately, workplace retaliation is common in Irvine. But, we have top-rated Irvine attorneys who have experience in labor and employment laws to make sure that employers do not practice unfair and unlawful workplace policies.
Many employees are not even aware that they have a qualified right to file a lawsuit against their employer. This is a right that is granted by California labor laws. When it comes to filing a lawsuit, Irvine follows California labor and employment laws.
Our experienced Irvine attorneys have been representing employees for the last several decades. Employee retaliation could take place in several different ways, with wrongful termination being one of the most common causes. For example, an employer, supervisor, manager, boss, etc. cannot fire an employee for no reason. Instead, employers must have a valid lawful reason for letting an employee go.
If an employer has violated any of the below subjects, and an employee speaks up against it, an employer cannot retaliate against the employee:
- Health and safety of the workplace environment. All employers must provide a safe working environment for their employees. There should be workplace safety policies in place to make sure that employees perform their tasks safely, and it does not result in physical injuries to others. This means that all potential hazards must be properly taken care of. This is especially common in workplace environments like construction sites. When it comes to construction sites, all employees should be properly trained, especially when dealing with heavy machinery.
- Fraudulent actions taken by employees in the company. An employer must make sure that all employees act ethically. This means that they must not engage in any fraudulent activity. If an employee does notice fraudulent activity at work, the employee should gather all relevant evidence that proves fraudulent activity, and report it to the proper human resources department or to a whistleblower hotline depending on the circumstances of the violation.
- Discriminatory motives: An employer cannot discriminate against an employee simply because they belong to a protected class. This allows the employee to file a claim against the employer. In the event that the employee files a claim, and the employer cannot then retaliate against the employee.
What are examples of workplace retaliation?
Sometimes, workplace retaliation could be so subtle that an employee does not even know that they have the right to file a lawsuit to get compensated. Any type of unfair practice that an employee experiences by their employer is a type of retaliation. An employee can exercise their protected rights without having to fear retaliation from their employer. Below are some examples of workplace retaliation:
- Demoting an employee: an employer may demote an employee’s position if the employee has spoken up. For example, this means a decrease in the salary, the commission, or failing to provide the employee with a bonus as retaliation. In other circumstances, an employer may even demote the employee’s seniority status, giving them limited access to workplace benefits like paid vacation.
- Denying the employee opportunities: if the employer denies the employee promoting opportunities, this could be a form of workplace retaliation. For example, if the employee is denied training, opportunities to attend workplace conferences, or travel for work, the employer may be engaging in retaliation.
- Failing to promote the employee: sometimes, the employee may feel as if they are just coasting, and are not being promoted by the employer. If the employer fails to provide any raises or bonuses when the employee has performed as they should, this may be a form of workplace retaliation.
- Micromanaging the employee: if the employee has noticed that the employer has started to micromanage the employee after the employee has reported the workplace condition, then this may be a form of workplace retaliation. This may be a way for the employer to look for any mistakes that the employee has made simply to just terminate the employee’s employment. This is also considered wrongful termination.
- Transferring the employee: the employer may transfer the employee to another location to avoid having to work with the employee. Instead, the employer may raise other reasons for transferring the employee, which may not be valid reasons.
- Harassing the employee: the employer may try to harass the employee, whether it is through verbal harassment, physical harassment, or sexual harassment. This could be a traumatic experience for the employee.
- Firing the employee: this is one of the most common scenarios associated with workplace retaliation in Irvine. The employer may fire the employee and let them go from the position without a valid reason.
- Poor performance reviews: the employee could be performing great, but the employer could retaliate against the employee by falsely providing poor performance reviews.
- Reducing the employees number of hours: if the employee has received a reduction in the number of hours they usually work, this could be a form of retaliation by the employer.
- Excluding the employee: the employer may exclude the employee from meetings, social events, and with other colleagues in the office.
Above are just some circumstances of workplace retaliation where an employee could file a lawsuit. To see if you qualify for a workplace retaliation claim or lawsuit, give our top-rated attorneys a call to discuss.
How can you prove workplace retaliation?
In order to prove workplace retaliation, you must prove a change in the circumstance is. For example:
- You took part in a protected activity and reported circumstances at work. Whether these circumstances involved health and safety, or workplace discrimination.
- After reporting on lawful activity at work, your employer treated you negatively.
- Your employer treated you negatively because you reported the unlawful activity.
Although it seems very clear-cut, there are so many factors to consider. For example, an employer may raise lawful arguments saying that instead the employee performed poorly and there was a lawful reason for letting the employee go. Because this could be a very difficult process, we recommend that you speak to our attorneys immediately.
Our attorneys are available remotely, through phone, and in person at our Irvine offices. No matter what way you would like to communicate with our attorneys, we always make sure that we are available for our clients to hold employers responsible for unlawful actions and unlawful treatment. During a case evaluation, we could decide what the next best steps are for you. You could also chat with us online for more assistance.
What documents will help me with my workplace retaliation claim?
There are several documents that attorneys may look at when determining what steps to take for your workplace retaliation claim. This includes:
- Your personnel files
- Your performance reviews
- Interviews with your coworkers
Our Irvine Workplace Retaliation Attorneys Are Just A Phone Call Away
Give our top-rated attorneys a call to discuss your case. Employment law could get very tricky, especially navigating through the California labor code. It could be even more difficult to gather all necessary evidence and piece together the workplace retaliation. Sometimes, workplace retaliation must be proven with circumstantial evidence since direct evidence may not exist. That is why we recommend that you move forward with an experienced and knowledgeable Irvine employment lawyer like Heidari Law.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Irvine Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers
- Car Accident Attorneys in Irvine
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers in Irvine
- Ride Share Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Irvine OCTA Bus Accident Attorney
- DUI & Drunk Driving Lawyer in Irvine
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
- Irvine Age Discrimination Attorneys
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Irvine
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Irvine
- Irvine Whistleblower Retaliation Attorneys
- Disability Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Irvine Pregnancy Discrimination Attorneys
- Irvine Racial Discrimination Attorneys
- Persian Lawyer in Irvine
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000