Car Accident Fatality Lawyer
In the wake of a devastating loss of a loved one from a car accident, the experienced team of car accident fatality lawyers at Heidari Law Group can help you get the compensation your family deserves.
If you have found yourself injured after a car accident or have a loved one who has passed away from a car accident, it is imperative to contact a personal injury car accident fatality lawyer as soon as possible. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, having a top accident lawyer take care of settlement negotiations and prepare for trial will put your mind at ease when it comes to financial compensation.
The Association for Safe International Road travel has estimated that 1.35 million people die in road crashes each year. About 4,000 people die per day driving on the road globally. Specifically, in the United States, around 40,000 people die every year in car crashes according to the National Highway Traffic Safety administration. Other elements, such as the person’s age and the persons driving may affect the risk of the car crash fatality. Car crash fatalities are a serious issue, especially in the United States. The United States does not have public transit systems that are very common, and instead in congested cities such as Los Angeles and Irvine, many people are left personally driving their cars. This increases the chance of getting involved in a car accident.
If you have suffered injuries as a result of a car accident, or have had a loved one passed away from a car accident, please don’t hesitate to contact us to pursue just compensation for your loss and injuries. It is important to hire an experienced car accident fatality attorney to fight for your rights and just compensation. Contact us for a free, no risk consultation to determine the type of injuries you could be compensated for. Damages include economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are those that are easily calculated, such as lost wages and medical bills. Non-economic damages include pain and suffering. For more information on the different types of damages resulting from a car accident legal claim, feel free to contact one of our attorneys.
Oftentimes, car crash fatalities are caused by multiple vehicle car accidents. Multiple vehicle car accidents occur when there are various different cars that have been involved in a single accident. This occurs when there are more than two vehicles involved in an accident. When more than two vehicles are involved in an accident, the severity of the accident and risk of fatalities increase. There are different causes of multiple vehicle car accidents, which include road rage. For more information on multiple vehicle car accident specifically, please read our latest article.
Factors That Increase the Risk of a Car Accident Fatality
There are some factors, according to the National Safety Council, that increase the probability of having a severe car accident fatality. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- Age: the age of the automobile driver is one of the most common factors that may increase the risk of having a car accident fatality. Studies have shown that young teens, along with those above 65 years old, have a higher chance of getting involved in a car accident fatality when compared to those around the ages of 20 to 60 years old.
- Distracted driving: with the increase in use of technology, especially wearable technology, many drivers are easily distracted behind the wheel.
- Driving long distances: many studies have shown that the longer distance the drivers travel, the more likely they are to end up in a severe car accident. This is especially common for truck drivers who travel long distances per day.
- Type of impact: the higher the impact of a car crash, the more likely the car crash will result in serious injuries or fatalities. Multiple car crashes can increase the risk of having a fatality. Another common type of car crash that may increase the chance of having a fatality is T-Bone car accidents where the car is hit from the side. When the car is hit from the side, the airbags may not always deploy.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol may increase the chances of getting involved in a severe car accident that may lead to severe injuries or fatalities.
- Bicycles: car accident fatalities also occur when the driver hits a bicyclist that is on the road. Bike car accidents can occur in various ways, such as when the driver of a car is speeding and unable to stop. Under California law, a driver must always give bicyclists the right to pass. For more information on car bicycle accident fatalities, please contact one of our attorneys.
What type of legal claim can I file for a car accident fatality?
A wrongful-death claim is claim brought by a loved one for the death of another. Wrongful death claims allow the family member to recover compensation that the person who passed away could have recovered. Wrongful death claims leave families distraught, especially confused the complex set of legal issues and claims. Our Attorneys at Heidari law will work to thoroughly review your case and file your wrongful death lawsuit against the defendant. Foe more information on wrongful death claims, along with how to file them, please contact one of our attorneys.
Who can file a wrongful death legal claim for a car accident fatality?
Under California law, there are specific individuals that could file a wrongful death lawsuit for a car accident fatality. These individuals include:
- children or step-children of the deceased
- parent of the deceased
- siblings of the deceased
- state representatives of the deceased
When should I contact a car accident fatality lawyer?
Our wrongful death attorneys recommend that one should file a wrongful death lawsuit for a car accident fatality as soon as possible. As soon as an accident occurs, the individual should get into contact with experienced wrongful-death attorneys to figure out ways to get just compensation. It is important to note that in every state there’s a statute of limitation that limits the amount of time a claim could be brought.
What kind of damages can I recover in a car accident fatality case?
There are different types of damages that one can recover for a wrongful death claim brought for a car accident fatality. Wrongful death claims can recover various types of damages, such as loss of support, grief, and economic losses. These economic losses include medical bills used to treat the severe injuries that led to the fatality, along with funeral costs.
For more information on how our attorneys can help you recover damages from car accidents, feel free to contact us. We have offices all around the states of California and Nevada to better suit your needs. We are at readily available online and through phone. We have offices in major cities such as Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Fresno, and Irvine. Contact us today at Heidari Law Group for a free case evaluation.
***Disclaimer: This blog is created by Heidari Law Group for educational purposes. This article provides a general understanding of the law. It does not provide specific advice. By using this site and reading through this blog, there is no attorney-client relationship created between you and any member of Heidari Law. Further, due to the constant change of the law, some parts of the information above may no longer be good law.