Bad Faith Boat Insurance
If you have been denied your boat insurance claim, contact our experienced bad faith attorneys today.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Bad Faith Boat Insurance Attorney
Purchasing a boat is a very proud moment for the boat owner. Purchasing boat insurance is to help you in the case of an unexpected circumstance. If you are to spend several thousands of dollars on a boat, it is worth purchasing boat Insurance to make sure that there is some type of assistance if your boat was ever damaged. But what happens if your boat insurance company denies your claim? If you have experienced mistreatment by your boat insurance company, you may be able to file a lawsuit against them for bad faith. Bad faith lawsuits allow you to hold the insurance company responsible in the case that your insurance company denies or delays your boat insurance claim.
Contact our top-rated bad faith insurance attorneys today to see how we can hold the boat insurance company responsible for their bad faith actions.
What is bad faith?
Bad faith occurs when an insurance company does not put their insurer as a priority and violates their duties. For example, an insurance company has a duty not to delay the investigation that looks into the boat Insurance claim. If an insurance company acts in bad faith, they will be held liable in a lawsuit by the insurer.
California law provides that all insurance companies act with good faith and fair dealing towards their policyholders. This means that they cannot engage in any type of fraud or misrepresentation to try to take advantage of the policyholder.
What are examples of bad faith by a boat insurance company?
- Refusing to pay: when an insurance company refuses to pay without even looking into the claim, they could be held liable for bad faith Insurance practices.
- Delaying the investigation: a boat insurance company must hold an investigation when their policyholder files a claim for their boat damage.
- Denying the coverage without a valid answer: insurance companies must provide the policyholder with a reasonable answer if they were to deny the claim.
- Underpaying the boat insurance claim: an insurance company is required to pay the amount stated in the boat insurance contract.
- Denying any settlement negotiations: when a bad faith lawsuit is filed, the insurance company must work to negotiate with the policyholder and their attorney.
Bad faith actions by boat insurance companies can take place in many different ways. Even if it is not any of these circumstances above, but you feel as though the insurance company has been mistreating you, you could still hold the insurance company responsible. Contact us today to see how we can help you get the assistance you deserve. No person should have to be taken advantage of by their insurance company.
Can I file a lawsuit for my denied boat Insurance claim?
This depends on the circumstances of the denial. For example, if the boat insurance company had a valid reason to deny your claim, you most likely will lose if you were to file a bad faith lawsuit against them. However, if the insurance company has been engaged in some type of mistreatment towards you, you may be able to file a successful bad faith lawsuit.
In order to determine if your insurance company has engaged in any bad faith practices, contact our maritime bad faith insurance attorneys today to see how we can help you. It is very important that you get legal assistance as soon as you have experienced any type of bad faith actions you believe the insurance company has taken against you. The longer you wait, the more you could potentially lose out on filing a lawsuit. Having a denied claim is one of the first indicators for a bad faith action by the insurance company.
What is an underpaid claim?
Insurance companies, especially boat insurance companies, will always try to underpay the policyholder for the damage to the boat. Not only is underpaying a policyholder bad faith, it is also considered illegal in the state of California and Nevada. Therefore, do not accept an amount by your boat insurance company until you have discussed it with your bad faith attorney. Your bad faith attorney may be able to give you more of an idea as to how much you are owed, and how much you should accept from the insurance company.
What type of compensation can I receive for my boat Insurance bad faith claims?
- Punitive damages: this is awarded in exceptional circumstances, and is only awarded when the insurance company has acted maliciously. This means that the insurance company knew that they were doing something wrong, but proceeded with those actions anyway.
- Consequential damages: this refers to the amount of damages the plaintiff, also known as the party suing, missed out on while the insurance company was engaging in bad faith practices.
Why hire our bad faith boat insurance attorneys?
- In order to file a bad faith lawsuit, you need to have very strong examples of evidence that show how the insurance company did not act in good faith. This means that our attorneys will heavily investigate your claim to try and maximize your amount as much as possible. This includes hiring several experts and engineers to establish the fact that your insurance company acted in bad faith.
- Our attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company with your interest in mind. We will provide your case with individualized attention as we try to negotiate the case with your insurance company.
- If we are not able to negotiate with the insurance company, and negotiations fail, we are not afraid to take your case to trial. We have decades of experience representing victims who have had their boat insurance claims denied by their insurance companies. We know how to navigate through trials and how to help our clients make sure they get the help they deserve.
- Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not owe us a single dollar until we win compensation in your favor. Until we win a settlement or judgment, you do not owe our attorneys anything. Our attorneys will only take a small percentage when we recover compensation for you. This percentage differs depending on the circumstances of your case. For more information, and to determine what your contingency fee agreement could be, contact our attorneys today.
When should I file my insurance claim?
All insurance companies require that you file your boat Insurance claim as soon as possible. This means that if you have suffered any type of damage to your vessel, boat, or to your boating equipment, you must file a claim with your insurance company to start the claim process. If you wait too long, it could be used against you.
Contact Our Marine Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys Today
It is important to keep in mind that when insurance companies look into your boat insurance claim, they will prioritize their company rather than your boat. This means that they will try to look for any and all circumstances that could potentially limit their liability to the policyholder. Although not all insurance companies are like this, the majority of insurance companies are known for paying out as little as possible when a boat insurance claim is filed.
If you are dealing with a boat insurance company, and have been offered very low claim compensation, or have been denied your boat insurance claim, you need to call our attorneys immediately to see how we can help you and navigate through the legal process for you, to hold the responsible parties liable for the injuries caused.Contact A Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000