Health insurance Bad Faith Attorney
If your insurance company denies your health insurance claim, contact our attorneys today to see how we can hold them responsible under a bad faith claim.
Health insurance is very important, especially nowadays as we deal with several different types of viruses and diseases that may be going around. You want to make sure that you have adequate health coverage. In California, there are several different programs in place that provide everyone with health care coverage. But it could be very devastating when you are filing a claim with your health insurance company and they deny your coverage.
Everyone always thinks of safety when they think of health insurance. They want to make sure that they are covered in an unexpected circumstance that may arise. We know how costly hospital bills can be, and so it is very important that you receive adequate health insurance coverage. When your health insurance company delays or denies your health insurance claim, you may have a bad faith claim against them.
Our bad faith health insurance attorneys understand just how devastating it may be to have your health insurance claim denied. This is one of the most common problems with health insurance companies in America. Many Americans may be expecting their insurance coverage to pay the majority of their hospital bills, only to be hit with thousands of dollars in medical bills just because it isn’t covered. Being told “it isn’t covered” by the insurance company can be one of the most stressful experiences. As you scramble looking for what to do next, contact our experienced legal team to see what the next steps you can take are. We always want to make sure that you are constantly represented against any insurance companies that may take advantage of you.
What is bad faith?
Bad faith occurs when an insurance company engages in behavior that may seem unethical. For example, an insurance company will always try to prioritize their interests before their insurance interests. Therefore, they will most likely offer a very low amount, or look for a loophole to prevent paying out anything to their insurer.
What are examples of bad faith insurance practices?
There are several different types of examples that health insurance companies may take that do constitute bad faith. Some examples include:
- Denying your coverage: your health insurance company will deny your health insurance claim and state that the health services you received were not covered under their policy. When this occurs, you may have a bad faith claim against them.
- Delaying the investigation: when you file a health insurance claim, there will be a health insurance adjuster responsible for looking into the services received, and possibly negotiating with the medical provider. When the insurance company delays this investigation, you may hold them responsible under a bad faith legal claim.
- Offering the low amount: your insurance company may offer a low amount, or only pay a portion of the amount that they had originally promised you in your insurance contract. When this occurs, you have the right to hold them accountable.
Could I appeal my health insurance denial?
Insurance companies offer the insurers the opportunity to appeal if they have denied health insurance coverage. However, it is important to keep in mind that this is different from filing a lawsuit against the insurance company in court. An appeal is more of an internal investigation that the insurance company will have to deal with. Before filing an appeal, we recommend that you contact our top-rated bad faith attorneys immediately.
What if I have a surgery scheduled?
If you have a surgery or treatment scheduled, and need an immediate response right away, but the insurance company is not paying for it, we advise you to get the treatment as soon as possible. Your health should be your number one priority, and you can file a bad faith lawsuit afterwards. However, it is important to keep in mind that there is a statute of limitations time period in California. To determine when the statute of limitations is for your specific case, contact our experienced legal team today.
Why would my healthcare insurance claim get denied?
We have been dealing with health insurance companies for decades. The most common reasons we have noticed health insurance companies provide their insurers as to why they cannot pay their claims are:
- You have received an experimental medical procedure. Under the health insurance company’s terms, experimental procedures are not covered.
- The medical device you received was not necessary. The insurance company may state that it was actually just a supplemental device that you did not need.
- You suffered a mental disorder.
- This is not a usual healthcare claim that is covered.
Other than the reasons stated above, there are several other reasons that your insurance company offers you for denying your health insurance claim.
What kind of compensation could I receive for my bad faith health insurance lawsuit?
There are several different types of compensation you could receive for your bad faith lawsuits against your health insurance company. This depends on the circumstances of your claim. However, the most common types of compensation we have experienced include:
- Damages caused by the insurance company’s bad faith conduct. For example, if the insurance company delayed paying you your claim amount, you could receive interest.
- Attorney’s fees: you could have the insurance company pay for your attorney’s fees.
- Emotional distress: it could be very devastating and stressful to be dealing with an insurance company that refuses to pay your health insurance claim. You may be able to get pain and suffering damages from your bad faith claims.
- The policy benefits: you will be able to receive the policy benefits you were originally entitled to had the insurance company not acted in bad faith.
Contact Our Bad Faith Health InsuranceAttorneys Today
We have several decades of experience with bad faith litigation cases, whether it is fire insurance cases, auto insurance cases, etc. We have aggressively fought against insurance companies to prevent them from taking advantage of their insurers. You pay a monthly premium for your health to make sure that you have support in unexpected circumstances. So, when your insurance company is not there for you, our attorneys will be. We will work to hold the insurance companies responsible for their bad faith behavior.
For more information on health insurance claims, and to determine if you have a valid health insurance legal claim, contact our top-rated attorneys at Heidari Law today.
Our bad faith insurance attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay our attorneys upfront at all until we win compensation in your favor. We understand that after being hit with thousands of dollars in medical bills, paying for an attorney is not very optimal. That is why we will front all the costs associated with litigating your bad faith health insurance claim while you focus on your health.
Call us today to schedule a no-risk consultation. We will answer any and all questions you may have regarding your health insurance coverage, and your health insurance claims you may have. If your health insurance coverage was denied, we are available to help you every step of the way.