Geico Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Contact us today to schedule your free no obligation consultation with our experienced Geico bad faith insurance lawyers.
If Geico Insurance has been treating you unfairly, give our attorneys a call today to see how you can hold them accountable for their actions, and get compensated for the damages that you have suffered. Your damages can vary depending on whether you have suffered bodily injury, or property damage.
Geico offers several different types of insurance, including car insurance, home insurance, motorcycle insurance, commercial insurance, renters’ insurance, etc. An insurance holder has the right to file a claim with their insurance company in the case that they have suffered any type of bodily injuries, or property damage in an accident. Common examples of accidents include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Fire accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
What type of compensation could I receive for my Geico Insurance claim?
You could receive a variety of damages depending on the circumstances of the accident. For example, if you have suffered a motorcycle accident, you can receive:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Future Medical care
If you believe you have suffered damages from an accident, and you have insurance, contact our attorneys today for a free case evaluation. During this case evaluation, we will determine what specific steps to take to ensure a smooth claims process with Geico Insurance.
Why should you trust our insurance attorneys?
- Our attorneys have decades of experience representing victims who have been harshly taken advantage of by their insurance companies. We understand that an insurance company should be able to protect you in times of hardship. Your insurance should not be giving you a hard time to recover the compensation that you are owed.
- Our attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company to make sure that your damages are acknowledged. An insurance company should not be paying out only a portion of your damages, but all of the damages should be taken into consideration.
- Our top rated attorneys offer free consultations to review your case. Each case is different, therefore some of the advice that we provide on this page may not be relatable to your specific instance. Call us today to review your personalized legal strategy.
- We are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have regarding the Geico Insurance claims process.
What type of coverage does Geico Insurance include?
Geico Insurance includes a variety of coverage, including:
- Medical coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Rental car coverage
- Personal injury coverage
How can I file a Geico Insurance claim?
Geico is known for the slogan “15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance.” The company has a reputation for offering low insurance rates, however, almost all insurance companies may not have such a quick turnaround time when it comes to claims. When you file a claim, you have an expectation from insurance companies that they will reasonably investigate the claim. You can file a claim with Geico Insurance online, or through the phone.
What will Geico Insurance claims adjusters do?
When you file a claim with Geico Insurance, a claims representative will then contact you for any additional information that they need. Once they get that additional information, they will then assign a claims adjuster. This adjuster may:
- Contact car mechanics
- Contact witnesses to the accident
- Review the pictures taken of the accident scene
- Evaluate medical bills
- Contact your attorney
- Contact you for a recorded statement
What is a bad faith lawsuit?
Geico Insurance is just one of the many insurance companies in the United States that must adhere to insurance good faith policies. Good faith mandates insurance companies to act reasonably and fairly when they evaluate the insurance claims that they have. If an insurance company steers away from this good faith, they could be held responsible under a lawsuit called bad faith. That’s a specific category of lawsuit made against insurance companies for unfairly handling their claims. Some examples may include:
- Rejecting the claim
- Failing to contact the policyholder for any information that they may need
- Failing to provide a valid reason for rejecting the claim
- Misrepresenting the policy to the policyholder
- Delaying the claims process
There are several other instances when an insurance company may take bad faith measures.
How long does it take for Geico to settle a claim?
Geico could take a couple months to settle a claim depending on the availability of the evidence, and the simplicity of the claim. If the claim is pretty straightforward, it may take weeks. However, if the claim involves several thousands of dollars in medical bills, then the insurance company will need a longer amount of time to investigate.
Can Geico refuse to pay a claim?
An insurance company could refuse to pay out on the claim. Some valid reasons may include:
- The policyholder failed to make their insurance payments
- The policyholder does not have an active insurance plan
- The policyholders’ insurance did not include this accident
- The policyholder did not file their claim on time
- The policyholder failed to get in touch with the insurance adjuster
- The policyholder failed to provide all the necessary documents
When should I file my Geico claim?
Geico Insurance does not have a specific time as to when you should file your claim. However, our lawyers recommend that you file the claim as soon as you are involved in an accident. It could be very difficult to gather documents and evidence months, or years after an accident. Having a long period of time between the date of the accident and when a claim is filed could increase the likelihood of Geico Insurance denying your claim.
What is a third-party insurance claim?
A third-party insurance claim is a claim filed with the other driver’s insurance company. If you were not at fault for the accident, you could file a claim with the driver’s insurance company, and if the driver’s insurance company is Geico, then you’ll be dealing with Geico Insurance. However, if you’re at fault, you may have to deal with your own insurance company.
In order to make a third-party insurance claim, you must have the other driver’s insurance information and their full name.
What if the other driver did not have car insurance?
Geico Insurance policies contain uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. Uninsured policies set in when you’re involved in an accident with another driver who does not have car insurance. Then your insurance will compensate you for the injuries that you have suffered. Underinsured motorist coverage deals with instances when the other party does have insurance, but it is not enough.
Speak To Our Attorneys Today
One of the most common reasons why many people choose to hire an insurance accident attorney is because they don’t want to deal with the insurance company. Especially recently, many insurance representatives from all insurance companies have been trying to get recorded statements out of the policyholders, and only using small sections of the recorded statement in order to make the policyholder look bad. Our attorneys will step in and negotiate with the insurance company, and make sure that all of the necessary communication is done with the insurance company.
Our attorneys are on standby and ready to help. We recommend that you contact us as soon as you have been involved in any accident. We can file the claims with you in order to prevent any type of miscommunication, or any lack of evidence.