Allstate Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Contact us today to schedule your free no obligation consultation with our experienced Allstate bad faith insurance lawyers.
According to the National Insurance Commissioners, Allstate Insurance Company has an increased amount of consumer complaints every year. One of the major trends among these complaints include a delay in answering insurance claims, and denial of claims without a valid reason. Many consumers have complained that the insurance company points to different liable parties when a claim is filed to prevent paying out a settlement amount. For example, Allstate may point to an improperly maintained home if your home has been damaged in an accident.
When an insured buys insurance, they’re expecting some form of protection with their insurance company. In the case of an unfortunate accident, we rely upon our insurance companies to protect our interests, and to compensate us in financial need. However, this may not always be the case.
What type of insurance does Allstate offer?
- Car insurance
- Travel insurance
- Rental insurance
- Home insurance
- Fire insurance
- Identity protection insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Truck insurance
What responsibilities does Allstate Insurance have?
Allstate Insurance, along with all other insurance companies in California, must act in good faith. This means that they should refrain from any bad faith tactics. This includes:
- Making sure their policyholders are advised of their policy and what it covers
- Considering their policyholders’ interests
- Giving a valid reason as to why a claim is denied
- Giving a reason when a settlement is offered to a policyholder
- Timely paying out claims
- Reasonably investigating claims
- Not undervaluing their policyholders’ claims
There are several other types of responsibilities that insurance companies are required to follow. Above are just some of the most common examples that insurance companies may fail to follow, and a bad faith insurance claim may result.
What should I do after a car accident?
We understand that being involved in an accident could be a very traumatic experience. It could also be very stressful when thinking about what the next steps to take with your insurance. The steps that you should take after an accident are:
- Making sure that you are evaluated by a medical provider
- Calling First Responders to the scene
- Calling a police officer to arrive to the scene
- Having a police report generated about the accident
- Taking information down of any witnesses
- Taking down the other drivers’ information
- Filing a claim with your insurance
- Filing a claim with the other driver’s insurance
When it comes to filing a claim, we recommend that you have an attorney on your side to help navigate through the process, and communicate with the insurance company.
What type of accidents can you file a claim for?
There are a variety of accidents you could file a claim with your insurance company for. These accidents include:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Rollover accidents
- T-Bone accident
- Head-on accidents
- Dog attacks
What are insurance claims?
Insurance claims are claims filed with an insurance company when you have been involved in an accident. This claim is meant to seek compensation for any damages that you have suffered. You are able to receive a variety of damages, which include:
- Compensation for medical bills
- Compensation for future medical treatments you may need
- Compensation for lost wages
- Compensation for the emotional distress that you have suffered
What are examples of bad faith?
Examples of bad faith tactics that an insurance company could act on are:
- Failing to investigate the claim
- Delaying the claim investigation
- Denying the claim without a valid reason
- Offering a lower amount than the claim is valued at
- Refusing the claim without a valid reason
- Failing to notify a policyholder about what is covered
What type of damages may your insurance policy cover?
Each insurance policy differs from one another. The different types of coverage may include:
- Medical coverage
- Personal injury coverage
- Roadside coverage
- Rental vehicle coverage
- Umbrella coverage
- Uninsured coverage
- Underinsured coverage
- Liability coverage
Has your insurance claim been denied?
Call Heidari group today for more information on how to move forward with a lawsuit if your claim has been denied. Our highly-qualified attorneys take a look at all of the actions that the insurance company has taken to better determine if they have acted in bad faith. That is why we recommend that you keep all records of communication with the insurance company.
Why would Allstate deny claims?
There may be several reasons why an insurance company may deny your claim. There may be some valid reasons, which may include:
- You filed the claim too late
- You were responsible for the entire damage
- You did not have an active insurance policy at the time of the incident
- You failed to provide necessary information to the insurance adjuster
- The incident is not covered under your insurance policy
Insurance companies must have a valid reason as to why they could deny or delay an insurance claim. However, if an insurance company acts unfairly, you have the right to hold them responsible. Some examples include:
- Delaying the investigation into the claim
- Denying your claim without an investigation
- Denying your claim without explaining the reason
What will our insurance attorneys do?
- Our attorneys will communicate with the insurance company throughout the claims process. We will provide all the necessary documentation, and check in with the insurance company to make sure that your claim is being handled and looked into.
- Our attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company to make sure that you have a settlement amount that takes into account the damages that you have suffered. Sometimes, insurance companies may only offer a portion of the settlement amount that you deserve. It may only take into account medical bills, and fail to consider emotional distress and lost wages.
- In the case that the insurance company denies your claim, our attorneys will fight aggressively against the insurance company in a bad faith lawsuit.
Our top-rated car accident attorneys are well-known all throughout California and have a reputation for holding negligent parties responsible for their actions. We always work towards providing our clients with justice and fair compensation. Call us today to hold the insurance company accountable for their bad faith actions.
Hold Insurance Companies Accountable for Their Bad Faith Actions
Contact our Los Angeles injury attorneys today for any questions or concerns you may have regarding your potential lawsuit against an insurance company. Our legal team is on standby and ready to help at any time. We believe that no one should have their rights taken advantage of by an insurance company. Those who have been injured should be compensated fairly and reasonably by their insurance company. When an insurance company fails to properly pay out their policyholders, they will be held liable under a bad faith lawsuit.
Our attorneys offer free case evaluations, where we will review all the details involved in your claim. Make sure that you bring all the necessary paperwork associated with your accident, and your claim. Examples of paperwork that will help us include:
- Medical records
- Medical receipts and bills
- Property damage bills
- Vehicle repair estimates
- Pay checks stubs prior to the accident