Bad Faith Life Insurance
Don’t be taken advantage of by a life insurance company, call our top-rated attorneys today.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Bad Faith Life Insurance Attorney
Life insurance is purchased to give you a piece of mind. You know that your family is going to be okay in the case of an unexpected circumstance. More and more people are now buying life insurance to make sure that their family is okay in the case an unexpected circumstance were to occur. You have a reasonable expectation that your life insurance company would keep your family safe and pay them out in the unexpected circumstance of your passing. However, it could be very stressful to have your insurance company deny your family. Insurance companies will try to prioritize themselves before any other interest. This means that they could deny your claim and pay you out less than you deserve
Your beneficiaries deserve justice and compensation in the case your life insurance company acts in bad faith. Our bad Faith life Insurance lawyers will hold the insurance company responsible for their actions and make sure that your family gets the justice you deserve. Call us today to schedule a free no obligation consultation. During this consultation we will review the different details of your life insurance claim to determine who we can hold responsible, along with how much in compensation you are required to receive. There are several different types of bad faith Insurance examples. For example, this could also apply to fire insurance companies, homeowner’s insurance companies, and car insurance companies. If you have experienced any type of mistreatment by any insurance company, let us help you and determine the best legal steps to take.
What is bad faith?
Insurance companies have a duty to make sure that they do not act in bad faith. This means that they must act with good faith and fair dealing when they are providing for their insurers. This means that they cannot deny or mistreat their insurers on an unreasonable basis. Insurance companies have several duties, such as to investigate the claim, make sure that the policy is paid out, and to protect the insurer in the case the insurer passes away.
Bad faith by a life insurance company can take place in many different ways. If you have experienced any of the below circumstances, contact our attorneys today.
- Fraud: insurance companies have a duty not to engage in fraud. For example, they cannot misrepresent a specific coverage in the contract, or claim they have paid the insurer when they have not.
- Breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing: this is one of the most common types of claims made against insurance companies. A breach of this duty could hold the insurance company responsible for any damages.
- Unfair trade practices: the insurance company could not engage in any type of unfair trade practices.
What type of compensation could I receive for my life insurance bad faith claim?
- Compensatory damages: this refers to the amount of money you were originally entitled to, any damages you incurred as a result of the insurance company’s delay, and any other damages you have sustained while waiting for the insurance company.
- Punitive damages: if the court finds that the insurance company actually engaged in malicious behavior, then the court will award the victim punitive damages. Punitive damages can range from thousands of dollars to millions of dollars depending on the circumstance of your claim and the actions of the insurance company.
To determine what type of damages you could receive from your life insurance bad faith claim, contact our experienced bad faith attorneys today.
What are examples of bad faith by life insurance companies?
- Misrepresenting provisions: if your life insurance company has misrepresented a specific coverage provision, you may be able to hold the life insurance company responsible. For example, if your agent has promised that a specific provision was covered, when it was really not, you could seek compensation from them.
- Delaying the investigation: after you have filed a life insurance claim for your family member’s passing, the life insurance company has a duty to look into the death and to determine if it falls under their policies. If the insurance company delays the investigation in order to prevent paying out the insurer’s family, you may be able to hold them responsible.
- Delaying payments: if the insurance company has held an investigation, has determined that it falls under their policy, but fails to pay the insurance family, they may be held liable.
- Denying settlement negotiations: an insurance company has a duty to act in good faith and engage in settlement negotiations if that is a feasible option.
- Misrepresentation: from the beginning, the insurance company must go into specifics as to how much the insurer is covered, along with what policies apply.
- Manipulating the insurance family members: if the insurance company abuses or threatens the insurer’s family members to accept a settlement amount, the insurance company has engaged in bad faith practices.
- Offering a very low settlement amount: an insurance company must offer a reasonable settlement amount, if they deviate from that they will be held liable.
- Denying the claim without giving a valid explanation: an insurance company must have a reasonable expectation if they were to deny the claim. If they don’t have a reasonable basis, you have the right to file a lawsuit against them for bad faith.
How do you prove bad faith by a life insurance company?
Although it may seem simple in theory, gathering evidence for your bad face claim can be very complex. There needs to be very strong evidence to show there’s bad faith behavior by the life insurance company. In order to prove bad faith, your experience to turn you must show that the policy was denied unreasonably. That is why it is very important to make sure that you hire a top-rated attorney that has represented victims in the past.
How much do our life insurance bad faith attorneys’ cost?
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee. This means that we only collect a percentage of the amount of compensation we receive in your favor. This means that if we do not recover anything in your favor, you owe us nothing. We always want to make sure that our clients are well informed regarding the percentage of contingency fee we accept. This is communicated to our clients in advance, and is based on the amount of work we will do on your case.
We have very competitive contingency fee percentages in place to make sure that our clients get the justice they deserve, and they are very comfortable with our fees.
Have you been denied life insurance? Contact us today
Our attorneys have been representing victims who have been denied their life insurance rights for decades. We understand all the different legal steps we must take to make sure that our clients get the justice they deserve. In order to seek compensation, we will provide all our clients with individualized attention to make sure that they received the legal help they deserve.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. During your consultation, we will determine what type of damages you are entitled to, and one type of bad faith behavior your life insurance company engaged in.Contact A Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
- Aviation and Airline Attorney
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Ride Share Negligence
- Scaffolding Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accident
- Personal Injury
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Employment & Labor
- Medical Malpractice
- Data Privacy Breach
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
- Product Liability
- Negligent Security
- Persian / Iranian Attorneys
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000