Dog Bite Attorney in Sacramento
Have you or someone you know been injured by a dog attack? Contact our offices today for legal representation in Sacramento, CA at Heidari Law Group.
Dog Bite Attorney in Sacramento, CA
Being attacked by a vicious dog can be a scary and traumatic experience. Especially if the dog ended up biting you and attacking you aggressively causing severe bodily harm and disfigurement. Some dog bite injuries can leave you in constant pain, preventing you to work and live a normal life in Sacramento. You may be entitled to compensation for these types of dog bite injuries.
You should consult with an experienced dog bite attorney in Sacramento, Ca. Our law offices at Heidari Law Group have years of trial law experience. Our team has handled many different types of personal injury cases and will fight for your case if you are located in the Sacramento area.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Dog Bite?
Two years from the day you were bitten is the California statute of limitations for a dog bite injury. If the victim does not file for a lawsuit within these two years, then it will be near impossible to bring the claim to court. In the State of California, the dog bite injury is a personal injury and would fall under Civil Code 335.1.
California is also a very strict state with pet owners on being responsible for personal injuries caused by their animals, specifical dogs in this case. However, the injured victim has to be in a public place (or a private place lawfully), and has to be bitten/injured by the animal in order for the dog bite victim to sue for damages and compensation.
Personal Injury from a Dog Bite
In most cases, if a person gets bit by a dog, then the owner of that dog is liable for the personal injuries. A few examples of a dog bite injury might be: Bite marks, skin punctures from teeth, bruises, abrasions, gashes, and cuts. Some more serious injuries from a dog bite may include bodily disfigurement, broken bones, and becoming disabled from the attack. Dog attacks can even lead to death. Over 430 people have been killed by a dog attack across the United States between 2005 to 2017.
Medical bills for treatment from a dog bite can cost tens of thousands of dollars. If you can’t work due to the dog bite and attack, then you will have lost wages and are unable to work. There is also pain and suffering from the dog bite that will play a factor in the compensation. You could also be psychologically damaged from the dog bite, causing the victim to not want to be around dogs due to fear. With the main fear of being bitten or attacked again by a dog.
Help From an Experienced Dog Bite Lawyer
If you have been attacked and bitten by a dog, then get help from an experienced dog bite lawyer. Don’t suffer from your personal injury and not get compensated. Contact our legal team at Heidari Law Group for a free consultation and we will help guide you through your case.
Heidari Law Group Sacramento Practice Areas
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys