Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Have you been injured in an accident and have a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)? Contact our Sacramento office today for a free consultation. Our personal injury lawyers will fight for you.
Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
There are many back injuries that occur each year that can result in a spinal cord injury (SCI) and will impact your quality of life. Some of these spinal cord injuries include:
- Acts of violence from fighting, gunshot, etc.
- Auto/Car accident
- Slip and Fall injury
- Bicycle accident
- Work-related injury
- Falling from a ladder or up high
- Medical or Surgical injury
- Sports injury (high impact)
- Recreational activities
- Disease (ie: Cancer or Arthritis)
A spinal cord injury is very serious and life-altering. If you are injured from an accident, you should seek medical attention immediately. Once you have been medically evaluated and treated, you should consult with a personal injury attorney to help review your case.
What Happens if you have a Spinal Cord Injury?
When you have a spinal cord injury (SCI), your daily life will be impacted because it involves any type of damage to the spine that starts from the bottom of the brain, central nervous system (CNS), and runs through your cervical (neck), and travels all the way down to your lumbar (lower back). At the very end is your tailbone, which is your coccyx (tailbone) located near your pelvis. Permanent damage to your nerves can be caused by a spinal cord injury (SCI). With these types of personal injuries to your back, your feeling, touch, sensation, strength, and specific parts of your body can be negatively affected.
The spinal cord can be broken out into four sections:
- C1-C7 – Location is in the neck. (Cervical Vertebrae)
- T1-T12 – Location is in the upper back, with attachments to the ribcage. (Thoracic Vertebrae)
- L1-L5 – Location is in the lower back. (Lumbar Vertebrae)
- S1-S5 – Location is in the pelvis. (Sacral Vertebrae)
The coccyx, also known as the tailbone (below the sacrum). Located at the end of the spinal cord.
A spinal cord injury may feel like your life is heavily impacted, with limitations to your daily life and routines. Your mental health, emotions, and social life can be impacted as well from spinal cord damage. You should contact a spinal cord injury lawyer to review your personal injury case.
How do you know if you have a Spinal Cord Injury?
A doctor or health care professional will need to perform a number of tests to determine how serious your spinal cord injury is and at what level of injuries you may have. A few of the symptoms from a spinal cord injury may include:
- Pressure or pain on your head, neck, or back
- Severe back pain
- Losing the ability to feel
- Loss of movement
- Problems with balance and walking
- Reflex problems and spasms
- Loss of bladder control or bowel control
- Numbness or loss of feeling with tingling in your hands and/or feet
- Alteration of your senses
- Difficulting breathing
- General paralysis
If you experience any of the above symptoms from an accident, you should get medical attention right away. It is a life-altering event if you have a spinal cord injury (SCI) from an accident. It is very important that you seek medical attention immediately and get treatment.
Contact a Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Sacramento, CA
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident and have a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), you should contact a personal injury law firm. Get legal representation at Heidari Law Group with our highly experienced attorneys that are ready to fight for you and your case.
Heidari Law Group Sacramento Practice Areas
- Sacramento Personal Injury
- Sacramento Assault and Battery
- Sacramento Slip and Fall
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Sacramento Wrongful Death
- Sacramento Dog Bites
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes
- Sacramento Workers' Compensation
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers