Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
Our gender discrimination attorneys based in Sacramento, California, will fight for your rights if you have been discriminated against because of your gender in the workplace.
Have you or a loved one been discriminated against at work because of your sex or gender? According to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, around 8,000 employees file claims every year alleging gender or sex discrimination at the workplace.
Our gender discrimination attorneys are here to help you step-by-step throughout your legal claim against your employer for gender discrimination. We believe that no employee should have to go through any type of discrimination at the workplace. Our employment law attorneys offer a free no risk consultation to review your gender discrimination claim, and determine whether you have a valid claim, and what compensation you could receive for your injuries.
We understand that discrimination could be a very traumatizing event, and so our Sacramento employment law attorneys are here every step of the way. If you have been a victim of gender discrimination at work, you could receive compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, attorneys’ fees, etc. To determine what specific type of compensation you could receive for your claim, contact our attorneys today.
Sacramento Gender Discrimination
According to the Sacramento City Council report gender discrimination study, the city council is committed to making sure there is a supportive workforce that is inclusive of the city’s diverse ethnicity and gender.
- Women who work full-time in Sacramento earn on average $11,000 less a year compared to men who work in Sacramento for the same position.
- Women make up around 30% of the city’s full-time Workforce, and 51% of the City’s population.
- Women represent 38.2% of management employees in Sacramento, and 22.9% of the top wage earners in Sacramento.
- The percentage of newly hired female employees in Sacramento was 34.8%.
- The Sacramento City Council advocated for diversity and equity Human Resources training that will lead to equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Although there are several California and federal laws in place to prohibit gender discrimination in the workplace, gender discrimination still occurs almost every day. Despite several statutes in place, the gender wage Gap and workplace discrimination is still at an all-time high in Sacramento.
Our Attorneys Represent Sacramento Employees
Gender discrimination is protected under California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, along with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. These laws apply to men, women, transgender, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and other sexually-oriented employees from discrimination in the workplace.
How Do I File a Gender Discrimination Queen in Sacramento?
Before you file a private civil claim against the at fault party, you must file a claim with the California Fair Employment and Housing department, or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Once these agencies receive your claim, they will investigate and look into your claim to determine whether you have a claim for compensation.
Once the agency has determined that you do, you will be able to receive a right-to-sue letter, and go after the at-fault party to file a civil lawsuit against them. You could file a claim with either the California Fair Employment and Housing department, or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
For assistance on filing a claim with these agencies, contact our experienced Sacramento gender discrimination attorneys. Our top-rated employment attorneys have decades of experience representing employees who have been discriminated against at work.
Examples of Gender Discrimination
Gender discrimination can take place in many different ways, and all statutes prohibit unjust treatment of applicants throughout the entire scope of employment, including:
- Interviewing the employee
- Hiring the employee
- Firing the employee
- Promoting the employee
- Providing benefits to the employee
- Relocating the employee’s job
- Assigning responsibilities to the employee
As the victim, the plaintiff must have to show that gender or sex was a motivating factor for this adverse behavior. That is why it is very important to hire an experienced Sacramento gender discrimination attorney on your side to represent your claims and make sure there is enough evidence to support your gender discrimination claim.
If you have experienced any type of adverse and negative action by your employer simply because of your gender, contact our Sacramento employment attorneys today. Our Sacramento gender discrimination attorneys will guide you throughout every step of your legal claim for compensation.
What Type of Compensation Could I Receive for a Gender Discrimination Claim?
The compensation you could receive depends on the circumstances of your case. For example, the different types of damages you could receive include:
- Attorney’s fees
- Back pay
- From pay
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages: this only applies when you are able to show that the employer engaged in extreme bad faith behavior
Equal Pay Act
The California Fair Pay Act and the federal Equal Pay Act require that employers pay their employees an equal salary for the same position regardless of what gender or sex they identify themselves as. For example, if both a male and female hold substantially similar positions, and have the same amount of experience, they should be getting paid the same.
Examples of sex and gender discrimination:
- Firing an employee
- Retaliating against an employee
- Relocating the employee
- Failing to pay the employee their salary
- Failing to pay the employee any benefits
- Stopping the employee’s health insurance benefits
- Demoting the employee
- Making discriminatory remarks against the employees’ gender or sex
- Failing to take any affirmative action when a fellow co-worker discriminates against an employee
- Giving certain job responsibilities to a specific gender
Sexual Harassment Gender Discrimination
One of the most common examples of gender or sex discrimination in Sacramento is sexual harassment. If you have been a victim of sexual harassment, which is any type of unwanted verbal statements or sexual physical touching, contact our sexual harassment attorneys today to determine how you could receive compensation for your injuries.
Our Sacramento Attorneys Are Here to Help
With several statutes and laws in place, it is important to remember that you have protections in place. It is very important that you exercise these rights and protections, and file a claim against your employer for any mistreatment they have caused you. Many employees who have been discriminated against at work do not even know they have a claim for gender discrimination. If you or a loved one had been treated wrongfully by your employer, it is very important that you contact our gender and sex discrimination attorneys immediately.
Our gender discrimination attorneys hold a free no risk consultation, where we will look into your claim for gender discrimination, and determine the compensation you could potentially receive. It is very important that you do not be a victim and speak up against gender discrimination at work.
We have decades of experience standing up against injustice, and representing victims of discrimination at work. Our litigation attorneys are not afraid of going to trial to protect your rights. To arrange a free confidential consultation, contact our unlawful discrimination attorneys today.
Our attorneys serve Sacramento and the surrounding cities including, but not limited to: Elk Grove, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, Citrus Heights, Carmichael, North Highlands, Fair Oaks, Antelope, Rio Linda, flooring, Galt, Orangevale, Rosemont, Gold River, Franklin, Wilton, Rancho Murrieta, Walnut Grove, Foothill Farms, Laguna, Vineyard, La Riviera, Harold, Courtland, Hood, Clay, Lemon Hills, etc. Give us a call today to discuss your potential employment law claim
Heidari Law Group Sacramento Practice Areas
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys