Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney in Sacramento
Victims who have suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident may be entitled to compensation. Get in touch with a Sacramento Uber and Lyft accident attorney today at Heidari Law Group.
More than 1/3 of Americans use ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft. This number has been rising yearly and will probably continue to increase.
What happens if you’re in an accident while using a ridesharing service? Who is responsible for any injuries and medical treatment? Ridesharing has created a bit of a gray area when it comes to insurance and responsibility.
If you are a passenger in a rideshare accident, you should contact a Uber and Lyft accident attorney in Sacramento to help you figure out who is responsible and how to proceed.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
If you have been in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft, you should do the following:
1. Make a note of the names of the people involved, such as both drivers (especially yours), other passengers, etc. Get their contact and insurance information.
2. Get the information for any witnesses to the accident.
3. Take pictures of the car or cars involved, the accident scene, your injuries, etc. Make a note of any other relevant information, such as the exact location of the accident, weather conditions, any hazards, and any other important notes about the accident (such as if your rideshare driver was driving erratically).
4. Call 911 so the police can be dispatched and emergency responders can treat anyone with injuries.
5. Call an experienced rideshare attorney.
Rideshare drivers typically have rideshare insurance as an addition to their personal insurance policies. This insurance will cover them during the four stages of the rideshare experience. Different states have different requirements, but in California, rideshare companies must provide drivers with a certain amount of insurance for the times that they are en route to pick up a passenger and when they have passengers in their car.
If you are in an accident while in an Uber or Lyft, their rideshare insurance as well as the commercial insurance policy provided by the rideshare company should cover any injuries to passengers and any medical care that you may need.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a lot of confusion surrounding rideshare drivers and how it all works, especially if you are in an accident. Some of the most frequently asked questions are:
How big of a settlement will I get from my rideshare injury case?
Every case is different, so it’s tough to say what one person will get versus another. However, an experienced rideshare accident attorney can help make sure you get everything that you are entitled to.
If I am in an accident in an Uber or Lyft, what can I do to help my case?
Seek medical care, even if you don’t think you are injured. Not all injuries show up right away and the adrenaline after an accident could be masking the pain. Report the accident to the rideshare company and make sure you have information for your driver and the other drivers involved.
Someone hit the Uber or Lyft I was riding in. Who is responsible?
Generally, the insurance company of the driver who is at fault will cover the injuries of other passengers. This would apply in this situation as well.
Contact an Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney in Sacramento Today
If you have been in an accident with a rideshare driver, whether you are a passenger, other driver, or even a pedestrian, you should contact an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Sacramento. They can help you navigate the process and handle the various insurance companies that will likely be involved.
Contact us today at Heidari Law Group for a free case consultation.
Heidari Law Group Sacramento Practice Areas
- Sacramento Personal Injury
- Sacramento Assault and Battery
- Sacramento Slip and Fall
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Sacramento Wrongful Death
- Sacramento Dog Bites
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes
- Sacramento Workers' Compensation
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers