Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
If you have been injured in a taxi, get in touch with our top-rated Sacramento attorneys for information on how you could recover the compensation you deserve.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Taxi Cab Accidents in Sacramento
According to Sacramento County government authorities, more than 15 million people visit Sacramento County each year. This is an astonishing number compared to other counties in California. With many people visiting all year round, the need for rideshare services and taxis are increased. Many people choose not to rent a car or drive their car when they visit Sacramento County. Instead the opt-in for other alternative convenient services such as Uber, Lyft, or taxis.
Recently, the United States Census Bureau has shown a decrease in the number of people in California, especially in Sacramento county. But, this does not account for the number of car accidents. The number of car accidents, along with visitors to Sacramento county is still very high.
But, this also increases the likelihood of being involved in a taxi accident. If you or a loved one have been injured while riding in a taxi or by another vehicle driven by taxi driver, you have the right to hold the negligent party responsible. This means that under California law, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the party who caused the accident. But, there are several different factors to consider depending on the circumstances of the accident. That is why we recommend that you speak to our top-rated Sacramento attorneys for more information.
Our Sacramento legal team has decades of experience representing car accident victims. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients to make sure that we hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Taxi accidents could get a bit complex, especially when trying to determine which party was responsible for the accident. We recommend that you contact us as soon as possible so we can get started on your case right away. This also goes generally for car accidents since many cars and pieces of evidence may not be available months after an accident.
Types Of Taxis In Sacramento
Since Sacramento has several different venues, restaurants, and campgrounds to offer to tourists, there are several different types of taxis that cater to different sized groups. For example, below are the different types of taxis that you could encounter in Sacramento:
- Standard taxis: these are the standard four-door sedan taxis that you could see in any other county.
- Luxury taxis: these taxis are usually used for business travelers, especially employees who are traveling to Sacramento as a group. This is most commonly seen near the Sacramento Convention Center and downtown sacramento.
- SUV taxis: SUV taxes are most commonly used for families who are visiting Sacramento, and large groups.
- Wheelchair accessible taxis: these are taxis that are accessible for those on a wheelchair, and are considered a bit larger than a standard taxi.
- Rideshare taxi: privately owned vehicles that are used for services, such as Uber and Lyft. Uber and Lyft offer passengers to book their rideshare services through the app.
- Green taxis: recently, there has been an increase in the number of environmentally friendly electric taxis around the county.
- Taxi shuttles: taxi shuttles are most commonly seen near the Sacramento International Airport, especially when getting multiple travelers to and from various destination points with excessive luggage.
Given the different types of needs, there are different types of taxis that one may want to rent and book. If you have been injured in any of the above taxis listed, you have the right to get compensated for the damages that you have suffered. Contact us today to get started.
Could I receive compensation for my taxi accident injuries?
As with any type of accident, the damages that you receive and the amount depend on the circumstances of the accident. Different types of people experience different types of injuries. This then leads to different types of compensation. For a more in-depth look at your case, call our Heidari law lawyers today:
- Lost Wages
- Lost Future Income
- Loss Of Earning Capacity
- Property Damage
- Damage To Your Personal Belongings
- Damage To Your Vehicle
- Hospital Stay Expenses
- Prescription Medication
- Physical Therapy
- Medical Equipment
Common Causes Of Taxi Accidents In Sacramento:
- DUI accidents are one of the most common types of accidents in Sacramento County for motor vehicles. In the event that a passenger realizes their driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they should alert the proper company, and leave the vehicle.
- Speeding is also another common reason that accounts for taxi accidents in Sacramento. Speeding increases the force that a vehicle hits and collides with another vehicle. When one speeds, they do not have enough time to come to a complete stop or slow down in the event that there is a road hazard. Speeding accidents also involve pedestrian accidents.
- Distracted driving is specifically very common with taxi drivers. Taxi drivers are constantly looking at their devices or phones to see any other future rides that they could get booked while driving their current passengers. This is a very risky activity, and couldn’t lead to fatalities.
What should I do after a taxi accident in Sacramento?
You should take specific steps to stay calm and make sure that you have properly taken the necessary actions to then file a lawsuit. You should follow the below steps:
- Contact the Sacramento Police Department. When the Sacramento Police Officer arrives at the scene, they may take notes of the taxi accident, such as where the accident occurred, the parties involved in the accident, and who they believe is responsible for causing the accident.
- Get medical treatment. Usually, those involved in taxi accidents sustain severe injuries, especially passengers of a taxi.
- Exchange information with the other parties involved in the accident. Make sure that you have the other drivers along with the other passenger’s information. Important information includes full name, address, phone number, and insurance information.
- Contact an experienced Sacramento personal injury lawyer. You should hire an attorney who has experience dealing with Sacramento motor vehicle accidents in the past. The attorney should be knowledgeable about all Sacramento local and state-level laws. An experienced attorney will investigate the circumstances of the taxi accident to determine exactly which party was responsible, and the compensation that you may need.
How can I prevent a taxi accident?
- Always make sure that you are wearing your seatbelt.
- Request to leave the vehicle if you sense that the driver is impaired.
- If the driver is distracted driving, request that the driver refrain from texting or talking on the phone.
- Avoid using a taxi at night.
- If there are poor weather conditions, avoid using a taxi.
Contact A Sacramento Taxi Car Accident Attorney Today
Sacramento is also known for having several aggressive drivers on the road. This especially goes for taxi drivers since they have a time limitation on when they need to be at a certain location. This places a lot of pressure on drivers, and also increases the likelihood of a taxi accident.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident involving a taxi or rideshare service, contact us for more information on how you can get the top-rated legal care that you deserve.
Keep in mind that with any type of lawsuit in Sacramento, there is a time limit on when you could file the lawsuit.[/blocks_mob_gray]
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000