LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys in Sacramento
If you or someone you know has been discriminated against at work because you belong to the LGBTQ+ community, contact our attorneys to see how you could get compensated.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Employers could take various different steps to discriminate against an employee just because they belong to a protected class. In that event, an employee has the right to file a lawsuit against their employer.
According to the Center for American progress, more than one in three Americans face LGBTQ discrimination at least one point in their lives. The rates are even more alarming for Sacramento County.
According to the Sacramento Bee, in the year 2022, LGBTQ discrimination assaults nearly doubled. Unfortunately, this is a very common alarming rate for almost all counties in California within the last year. But, Sacramento county has reportedly experienced the most. There were around 100 anti-LGBTQ hate crimes in the Sacramento area in a single year.
Our top rated Sacramento employment attorneys have decades of experience making sure that employees get the help they deserve. No employee in Sacramento should have to go through an unsafe work environment. Not only could it be stressful to face discrimination in public, it could be especially more frustrating to experience a discrimination hate crime while at work.
Sacramento Workplace Discrimination Laws
Sacramento, California follows both California and federal laws when it comes to workplace discrimination. Specifically, Sacramento follows the California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
The California Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibits all types of harassment and discrimination at the workplace, specifically when someone belongs to a protected class. There are several types of protected classes, including those that involve sex, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. If an employer discriminates an employee simply because they belong to any of these protected classes or support any of these protected classes, the employer could be held responsible.
Can I afford an LGBTQ discrimination attorney?
Our attorneys do not collect any upfront costs. Meaning that our top rated employees will take care of all your lawsuit and claim costs. If we win compensation for you, then we will collect attorneys fees. Attorneys fees are a percentage of the compensation we recover for you. But, this percentage is communicated prior to signing you on as our client.
Many LGBTQ workplace discrimination circumstances leave the victim with no job, and in financial hardship. We know that in such a situation, paying for an attorney is not the first thing on the victim’s mind.
Examples Of Workplace LGBTQ Discrimination In Sacramento
LGBTQ discrimination at work could happen through several different ways, especially because everyone’s experience is different. Below are some examples of discrimination that an employee could face:
- Derogatory terms made directly to the employee or behind the employees back
- Jokes or slurs made about the employee
- Emails or texts circulating about the employee’s LGBTQ association
- Excluding the employee from meetings
- Excluding the employee from social lunches or events
- Firing an employee because they identify themselves as part of the LGBTQ community ( also known as wrongful termination)
- Reducing the employee’s hours because they identified themselves as part of the LGBTQ community
- Not approving the employees requested time off
- Not approving the employees requested family medical leave time off
- Refusing to hire someone because they associate themselves with the LGBTQ community
- Assigning the employee less responsibilities than other employees with the same position
- Failing to provide the employee workplace benefits that are offered to other employees with the same position
- Misgendering the employee intentionally
- Failing to ensure the employees spouse
- Denying the employee access to restrooms
- Denying the employee accommodations
- Isolating the employee, and preventing them from developing at work
- Online cyberbullying the employee by posting on social media
- Physically assaulting the employee
Above are just some examples of LGBTQ discrimination that some employees have faced in the at the workplace in the past. If you believe you have experienced LGBTQ discrimination while at work, give our top rated Sacramento employment attorneys a call today.
Workplace LGBTQ Discrimination Lawsuit Compensation
Compensation depends on the experience of the employee, and the losses that the employee suffered. It takes a highly qualified attorney to go after various different types of compensation and hold the employer responsible. Below our stomach examples of compensation:
- Pay: you could receive back pay or front pay in the event that you have lost your job or suffered reduced hours from your employer because you identify as part of the LGBTQ community. You could recover the amount of wages and benefits that you were denied.
- Emotional distress: emotional distress involves the pain and suffering, such as the anxiety, depression, and the PTSD that you suffered while going through such a traumatic experience. Since each person copes with experiences differently, the emotional distress damages could vary.
- Punitive damages: punitive damages are awarded in circumstances where the other party has shown malicious behavior. Punitive damages are not necessarily awarded in negligent actions like car accidents or bicycle accidents. But, punitive damages are most likely awarded in LGBTQ discrimination cases since the responsible party maliciously and intentionally took such actions to discriminate and make the employee uncomfortable.
- Attorneys fees: you could recover attorney’s fees and hold your employer responsible.
- Injunctive relief: injunctive relief is a very specific type of compensation that is not necessarily money damages. Instead, injunctive relief is a way for your employer to take you back into work. The court orders your employer to take necessary steps. But, usually injunctive relief is not granted because employees may not want to return back to work with that employer after experiencing discrimination.
As explained above, there are several different ways you could get compensated for your injuries. But, for a more personalized answer, give our attorneys a call to discuss.
All those who are considered lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning deserve to be treated fairly while at work. In the event that they are not treated fairly, they are allowed compensation for their experience. Give our attorneys a call to discuss what your specific LGBTQ discrimination case can mean.
Can my Sacramento employer fire me for filing a lawsuit?
An employer cannot fire an employee because an employee filed a lawsuit. This is known as retaliation, and an employer cannot retaliate against an employee for speaking up and reporting instances of LGBTQ discrimination. This is considered wrongful retaliation, and is another damage that is recoverable. Give us a call today to discuss.
Sacramento LGBTQ Discrimination Attorney Near Me
It takes a qualified employment and labor attorney to make sure that you get the compensation you need to move forward with your life. Sometimes, experiences at work could be so traumatic that no dollar amount could be enough to compensate the harassment victim. But, our top rated attorneys work so our clients could get the closure they need by holding employers responsible.
Give us a call today to schedule your one-on-one in case evaluation. A case evaluation involves our experienced attorneys and allows our attorneys to decide the value of your case, and the next steps.[/blocks_mob_gray]
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000