Crane Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
If you have been injured on a crane, contact our attorneys to see how you can get compensated for your Sacramento accident.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Sacramento, California has several different construction projects in the works. For example, Downtown Sacramento has several different projects underway. Plans include 660 J Street renovations, 14I hotel, Fitzgerald residential project, 12e residential project, and 14e homes residential project.
The large majority of these projects are to increase residential communities in the Sacramento area. Cranes are a tool used at construction sites for construction workers and other employees to reach high spaces. Cranes are a very significant tool when it comes to construction projects, but if not operated correctly, could lead to severe injuries or even death.
Sacramento Construction Accident Example
Unfortunately, construction accidents are common in the Sacramento area. For example, last year, construction workers who were working at a site at the intersection of 15th Street and Jefferson Boulevard were injured when a steel bar swung toward the construction workers. The steel bar was not properly secured, and the chains also had fallen on two passersby. The project was for a Pacific Gas and Electric pipeline. There were catastrophic injuries that left many employees in critical condition. For example, an employee was struck in the head.
Although car accidents are one of the most common accidents in Sacramento, construction accidents lead to more severe injuries since employees work with heavy machinery.
Could I file a workers’ compensation claim?
Construction accidents usually fall under a worker’s compensation claim in Sacramento, California. Workers’ compensation cases include situations where employees have been injured while on the job. When it comes to crane accidents, if an employee was injured by a crane at the time of working at a construction site, they may have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim to receive compensation for their injuries.
But, workers’ compensation claims only hold the employer responsible and allow the employee to get compensated through the employer’s insurance.
This means that if there is a third party responsible for the crane accident, the employee injured could file a lawsuit against the third party. A lawsuit is different from a worker’s compensation claim. A lawsuit is a case filed in Sacramento court. A worker’s compensation claim is done privately with the employer’s insurance.
Why should I hire a Sacramento crane accident attorney?
Crane accidents could involve several different responsible people. But, it is important that you narrow down exactly who the responsible party is to make sure that you take the necessary steps. Since workers’ compensation claims only hold the employer responsible, you may not be able to receive compensation if another third party is responsible.
Our top rated Sacramento lawyers will investigate the circumstances of the construction accident to see what steps we should take for you.
Examples of construction crane accident lawsuits in Sacramento?
If it was determined that the crane had a defect, which led to the accident, then the employee could file a product liability lawsuit against the crane manufacturer and crane retailer. Product liability lawsuits allow employees to recover compensation by holding manufacturers responsible for putting a defective product into commerce. In order to prove a product’s liability case, your Sacramento attorney must show that the product had any of the below defects:
- Failure to warn: Cranes must come with proper instructions, whether it is through booklet or a sticker on the side of the equipment. If there is a failure to warn, then the manufacturer could be held responsible. Some of the most common warnings associated with cranes are the weight and height limits.
- Design defect: A design defect is one where the crane has been designed improperly at its creation. This means that at the time the engineers were designing the product, they designed it defectively. When proving a design defect, you must show how that specific design was defective, and how another alternative design could be much safer. This takes several different legal experts to piece together and prove.
- Manufacturing defect: A manufacturing defect is essentially a one-off when it comes to the crane. This means that one crane was created with a defect at the time of its assembly.
How do crane accidents occur in Sacramento?
- Lifting objects onto the crane could cause a series of injuries like spinal cord injuries and back injuries. The repetitive movements could also cause severe injuries that must be treated immediately.
- Falls: falls from the train could lead to catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injuries.
- Crane collapses: if the crane is not assembled properly, and there is no proper support, the crane could collapse. This is dangerous for both the employee and other employees below the crane.
- Hazardous materials on the crane: Sometimes, construction sites may contain hazardous material, which could lead to chemical exposure.
What should I do if I have been injured on a crane in Sacramento?
- One of the most important things you could do for yourself is getting immediate medical treatment after being injured on a crane at a construction site. You should call 911 immediately for immediate medical care.
- Report the accident and the injuries you have suffered to your employer. Your employer will likely need to report this to the insurance company in order for you to file a worker’s compensation claim.
- Document the accident as much as possible by taking photos of the accident location, and the equipment that caused the injuries, as well as writing down any eyewitness information.
- Consult a top-rated Sacramento personal injury attorney to see what steps you should take to get compensated for your injuries.
Who is responsible for my crane accident injuries?
The different parties responsible depend on the circumstances of the accident. For example, if there was a party other than your employer who was responsible, you have the right to file a lawsuit against them. Below are examples:
- Construction Site Owners
- Construction Site Companies
- Construction Managers
- Crane Manufacturers
- Insurance Companies
- Employees At The Construction Site
- General Contractors
How much is my crane accident case worth?
Contact us today to see how you can obtain more information on how much your potential crane accident case is worth. Crane accident cases could get very complex, especially when trying to prove how the accident occurred. Our attorneys will make sure that you get top-quality legal care, and that all your damages are accounted for.
When should I file my crane accident lawsuit in Sacramento?
You should file your crane accident lawsuit within 2 years from the date of the accident. This two year cut off time is considered the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations allows accident victims to file a lawsuit within two years. If they fail to file the lawsuit within two years, they will lose their right to file the lawsuit. Contact a skilled Sacramento Construction Accident attorney today.
Sacramento Construction Accident Attorneys
Our attorneys have several decades of experience, and you owe us no fees unless our attorneys win compensation for you. This is a great way of earning our clients’ trust while allowing our attorneys to take the necessary steps for you and make sure that you get the compensation you need. accidents could be devastating, not only for the employee, but for their family as well.
Make sure that you have a Sacramento qualified attorney on your side to represent you in the event that you have been injured.
Contact our Sacramento offices today for a free case evaluation to discuss the circumstances of the accident, and how you could recover compensation. We could proceed with your personal injury case by taking the right steps. Give us a call today.
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000