Premises Liability Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
If you or a loved one have been injured on another person’s property in Sacramento, give our Sacramento lawyers a call today. You may be eligible to file a premises liability claim or lawsuit.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Sacramento premises liability lawyers work to hold property owners responsible for any injuries that occur on their property. Property owners in Sacramento must keep their property safe to prevent any dangerous conditions and accidents. But, with any type of accident, there are several different types of premises liability lawsuits that could hold different parties responsible. For more information, call us today to schedule a one-on-one consultation.
What is the premises liability law in Sacramento, California?
In Sacramento, all property owners must protect their property from dangerous conditions to prevent any accidents. This includes monitoring the property and making necessary repairs to prevent accidents. If the property owner knows of a danger and fails to repair this danger, they could be held responsible for any victim’s injuries.
What does a premises liability attorney do?
A premises liability attorney holds the property owners responsible for any dangerous conditions that they have allowed on their property. Our top rated Sacramento attorneys will litigate your case, and make sure that you get the legal help you need.
When should I file my premises liability lawsuit in Sacramento, California?
You should file your premises liability lawsuit within 2 years from the date of the accident. There are several different types of accidents that could stem from a negligent property owner. That is why we recommend that you speak to our attorneys as soon as possible.
Premises Liability Accidents
- Slip and fall accidents: slip and fall accidents are the number one type of premises liability accidents in Sacramento. Slip and fall accidents could get very difficult to prove responsible parties. Because there are so many people involved in a slip and fall accident, it takes a Sacramento qualified attorney to investigate the laws and hold the specific parties responsible.
- Trip and fall accidents: trip and fall accidents occur when someone trips over an object. Trip and fall accidents could also get somewhat tricky when determining responsible parties.
- Improper security systems: as a way of protecting their property, Sacramento property owners have a duty of making their property secure. One of the most common ways a property owner could make their property secure is by installing a proper security system.
- Improper maintenance and repairs: all property owners must make necessary repairs to their property to prevent any accidents or injuries. These repairs must be carried out fully, and should not be done negligently.
- Animal attacks: animal attacks are another way that property owners could be held responsible. If an owner has an animal, the animal attacks the owner’s guests, the landowner could be held responsible.
- Elevator accidents: usually, large shopping centers and malls in Sacramento have elevators and escalators. We have heard several horror stories involved with elevators and escalators, and the chance of being involved in an accident and suffering injuries is high if the elevators and escalators are not maintained properly.
- Swimming pool accidents: this is usually seen at Sacramento hotels. A common accident that occurs at a swimming pool is a slip and fall accident, or swimmers could seriously injure themselves or drown in the event that there are no lifeguards in place.
- Chemical exposures: these types of accidents are usually involved in workplace accidents, and hold the employer or property owner responsible for any exposure employees have had to chemicals.
Who is responsible for a premises liability accident in Sacramento?
- Stores: usually, premises liability accidents occur in stores such as shopping malls, department stores, retail stores, and grocery stores. This occurs because there are usually objects, such as clothes or food that may have fallen on the floor which could pose a huge safety risk for shoppers.
- Restaurants: restaurants must always make sure that their floors are free and clear from any dangers. They could be held responsible for negligent security or slip and fall accidents.
- Hotels: hotels, motels, and Airbnb could be held responsible for any accidents that occur on their property, such as inadequate security accidents and slip and fall accidents.
- Venues: Sacramento is known to have several different venues in the county. This includes sports venues, concert venues, and large theaters.
- Offices: several tall office buildings are located in downtown Sacramento. The building owners and the tenants of these offices must make sure that their property is clear from any dangerous conditions.
- Parking lots: parking lot owners could be held responsible in the event that there are dangerous conditions on their property.
- Hospitals: hospitals and medical centers must always make sure that their property is free from any dangerous conditions, such as installing proper security.
If you have been injured in any of the above types of businesses in Sacramento, give our attorneys a call for more information on how you could hold the property owners responsible.
Who is held responsible in a premises liability lawsuit?
- The property owner
- The property occupier, such as the tenant
- The property management company
- The employer
- The employee
- Government entities
Sacramento Sidewalk Accident Attorney
Although Sacramento has made several efforts to make sure that their property, such as sidewalks, is free from any dangerous conditions, such as the need for asphalt repairs, sometimes accidents are still bound to occur. If you were a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk and tripped and fell because of the sidewalk’s dangerous condition, you could hold the proper government entity responsible.
But, keep in mind that this is different from filing a standard lawsuit against a property owner. claims made against government entities must be made within 6 months. That is why we recommend that you speak to our attorneys immediately.
What can a property owner do to prevent a premises liability accident?
Property owners could take several different types of steps to make sure that their property is free from any dangerous conditions, and prevent an accident. For example, property owners should:
- Conduct regular inspections on their property. This includes inspections of ceilings, walls, and floors.
- Repair and replace lighting. This includes making sure that all light bulbs are in working order, and replacing lights that do not work.
- Replacing fire and carbon monoxide alarms. These types of alarms should always be replaced every couple years. Property owners have a responsibility to make sure that carbon monoxide alarms and fire alarms are maintained.
- All floors are constantly clean and free from any objects or liquids.
- In the event that there is a dangerous condition, there are adequate warnings that are visible to property visitors.
- Installing proper security, such as surveillance cameras, or hiring a security guard.
- Installing guards and handrails near staircases, and making sure that rails in place are sturdy and maintained.
- In the event that the business collects documents, all documents are safely stored to prevent any type of cyber attack.
- Train all employees on the property.
Sacramento Premises Liability Attorney Near Me
Our Sacramento premises liability lawyers always want to make sure that our clients get the assistance they need. When our clients are injured, we work to make sure that they get compensated for their medical expenses, along with lost wages from work.
Premises liability accidents could vary, especially because there are so many different types of premises liability accidents.[/blocks_mob_gray]
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000