Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
Unfortunately, swimming pool accidents could lead to severe injuries. Make sure you have top legal assistance.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
The city of Sacramento has several different kinds of pools. This includes private residential pools, and public pools. There are around 12 public pools just within the Sacramento area. There are several others located outside the city of Sacramento. In fact, according to the Sacramento Bee, around 20% of Sacramento home sales have swimming pools. Given the exceptional weather all year round, many Sacramento residents own swimming pools. Swimming pools are a great addition to the home, but, if proper steps are not taken, could lead to accidents and catastrophic injuries.
Our top-rated attorneys have decades of experience representing swimming pool accident victims. Swimming pool accidents could happen in several different ways, and some swimming pool accident examples that our attorneys have dealt with in the past include:
- Slip and fall accidents near swimming pools. These could lead to the most catastrophic injuries, such as spinal cord injuries.
- Drowning accidents near swimming pools, especially with children.
- Swimming collision accidents
- Diving accidents
- Defective pool equipment
- Electrocution shocks
- Chemical exposure
If you have been involved in any of the above types of swimming pool accidents, give us a call today to discuss how you could recover compensation by holding the negligent party responsible. Usually, there is a negligent party responsible for any accident injuries that you have suffered. This especially goes for private pools and swimming pools.
What does a Sacramento swimming pool accident attorney do?
A Sacramento swimming pool accident attorney takes several different steps to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. For example, some steps that our attorneys could take include:
- Investigating the circumstances of your swimming pool accident. It takes months to investigate the circumstances of what caused the swimming pool accident. There are several different causes of a swimming pool accident in Sacramento, which could include improper pool maintenance, defective pool equipment, negligent pool supervisors, and other negligent swimmers.
- Our attorneys consult with top-rated Sacramento medical and accident experts two piece together how the swimming pool accident occurred, and narrow down the responsible parties. This is especially important in circumstances where the accident has taken place at a public Sacramento swimming pool.
- Our top-rated attorneys will negotiate with insurance companies and other third parties. Usually, after any accident, insurance adjusters may try to contact the accident victim to settle and prevent any lawsuits. But, the first offer offered by the insurance is usually very low. Our Heidari law attorneys will negotiate with other parties to make sure that all the compensation that you have lost is accounted for.
Premises Liability Sacramento Lawyers
Usually, swimming pool accidents fall under a legal theory called premises liability. Premises liability is a legal claim made against property owners or property managers and holds them responsible for failing to take preventative measures to prevent the accident. Sacramento follows California law when it comes to premises liability and holding landowners and property managers responsible for the accident. Premises liability asserts that:
- The responsible party had a duty to keep the property safe. This duty is a vague term that can be applied to any specific situation. For example, if there were drownings in the past at a public pool, a public pool could take specific measures, such as hiring more lifeguards and supervising staff to prevent another drowning.
- The responsible party failed to take steps to follow through with that duty.
- Because the responsible party failed to follow through with the duty, an accident occurred.
- The accident victim now has losses, such as injuries and monetary damages.
What is near drowning?
Near drowning is a term used to refer to accident victims who did not drown, but now have symptoms that could lead to permanent injuries. For example, some symptoms of near drowning include:
- Respiratory problems
- Loss of hearing
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
Near drowning experiences occur when the accident victim is about to pass away but was saved at the very last minute. Because of the lack of oxygen, severe traumatic brain injuries could result. These brain injuries may be permanent and may require thousands of dollars in future treatment.
How To Prevent Drownings In Sacramento
Since all pool owners in California have a responsibility to make sure that their property is free from any swimming pool dangers, there are specific steps they must take to prevent a swimming pool drowning.
- In Sacramento, all landlords must have a fence around their pool. This fence must be a minimum of 5 ft. This law was enacted to prevent young children from falling into the pool.
- Do not drink and swim in a pool. If there are parents assigned to supervise, make sure the supervising parents also do not drink.
- All swimmers should be at arm’s length, especially those who are inexperienced swimmers or young swimmers.
- If you have wandering children, make sure to install pool gate alarms that go off in the event that someone opens the pool fence.
- Inexperienced swimmers should always wear life jackets, especially for lakes and rivers.
- The pool should always be properly maintained. This means that all ladders, diving boards, and pool drains must be repaired.
Swimming Pool Accidents And Wrongful Death In Sacramento
If you have lost a loved one in a swimming pool accident, you have the right to file a lawsuit on your loved ones’ behalf. This is considered a wrongful death lawsuit. A Sacramento wrongful death lawsuit holds the negligent party accountable, also allowing family members to recover expenses, such as their loved one’s medical expenses, funeral costs, and the loss of income to the family.
Could I recover compensation from a swimming pool accident in Sacramento?
You could recover compensation from a swimming pool accident if it was caused by a negligent party. But, keep in mind that the value that you could recover depends on the circumstances of the accident, such as the severity of the injuries, and the impact the injuries may have.
Examples of damages could include:
- Lost wages: accident victims could recover compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: this takes into account the non-economic damages. The emotional distress associated with the injuries.
- Medical expenses: swimming pool accidents almost always lead to injuries that should be evaluated by a medical provider. This could get very costly. medical expenses are damages that are compensated by the negligent party.
Talk to our attorneys today to discuss how you can recover compensation for your swimming pool accident. Our attorneys offer free Sacramento case reviews to discuss your case and see how you could get compensated for the injuries.
Have you been injured in or near a swimming pool in Sacramento?
Unfortunately, hundreds of children pass away each year in Sacramento from drownings. These drownings are almost always preventable, and those between the ages of 0 to 4 years old suffer catastrophic injuries from drownings. If you or someone you know has been injured or passed away in a swimming pool accident, you deserve to hold the negligent party responsible.
Our experienced Sacramento swimming pool accident attorneys may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.[/blocks_mob_gray]
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000