Sacramento Labor Law Lawyers
Our top-rated Sacramento employment and labor law attorneys know just what it takes to make sure that our clients get the assistance they need. No employee should be discriminated against or treated unfairly at work because of a hostile work environment or an uncomfortable situation.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Employment and Labor Law Attorney in Sacramento
Our attorneys understand how difficult it could be to go through an employment lawsuit. It could be even more difficult to deal with an uncomfortable situation at work. We want to make sure that all our clients are able to feel comfortable at work and get through work in a positive environment.
Our Sacramento employment and labor law attorneys have decades of experience making sure that employers are held responsible. We have a successful track record. Call us today to schedule your free initial consultation in our Sacramento office. Besides in-person, we are also available by phone, through email, and through an online chat.
If you or someone you know believe that you may have an employment lawsuit, call us today to discuss your specific case. Our consultations are completely free, and confidential to make sure that you get the care you need.
What are examples of employment law claims?
Employment and labor law claims arise when there is an employer and an employee relationship. The most important part of an employment law claim is the relationship. For example, the employee cannot be categorized as an independent contractor. Instead, the employee must be an employee that is eligible for benefits and pay.
Some examples of employment law claims include:
- Work safety violations: the workplace environment must adhere to all labor codes. This is especially true in factories and at construction sites. The employer must make an effort to make sure that the work conditions are safe, and that they follow all of the Occupational Safe and Healthy Act laws.
- Employment contracts: this is usually one of the most common reasons why an employment lawsuit or claim is filed in the first place. Prior to an employee starting to work, the employee and the employer usually enter into a written contract. This written contract could be a non-compete agreement, severance agreement, pay agreement, non-disclosure agreement, etc. When there is a miscommunication or a disagreement on any terms of the contract, the employer or the employee could file an employment lawsuit against the other party.
- Whistleblower claims: a whistleblower is one who reports a violation of the law at the workplace. Whistleblowers are protected by law, and an employer cannot treat the employee unfairly because they have reported violations of employment codes. Retaliation is completely frowned upon, and an employee who has been retaliated against for blowing the whistle could file a wrongful retaliation claim.
- Workplace retaliation: workplace retaliation occurs when an employee is retaliated against for speaking up about any workplace claim. For example, if an employee were to report an incident of discrimination to the human resources department, and the employer instead continues to treat the employee unfairly for reporting the incident, then the employee most likely has a valid claim for workplace retaliation.
- Workplace harassment: workplace harassment is considered illegal, and includes incidences like racial harassment and sexual harassment. An employer must make sure that all employees follow standard law, along with internal workplace practices.
- Family and Medical Leave Act: an employer cannot deny an employee for taking time off to care for their family. This means that an employer must reinstate the employee when they return back from their FMLA leave.
- Employee benefits: under California law, employees are eligible for a variety of benefits, including minimum wage, along with private benefits such as health insurance and stock options.
- Privacy violations: this is a very recent topic that has emerged in employment law claims. Employees may have a claim against their employer if their employer records them at work or monitors them, this could be a privacy violation.
- Workplace discrimination: workplace discrimination includes employees who have been discriminated against because they belong to a specific group. This could include racial discrimination, age discrimination, gender discrimination, LGBTQ discrimination.
- Wage disputes: wage and hour disputes are also very common claims in the employment law world in Sacramento. This occurs when an employer and an employee have a disagreement on how much the employee should be paid, or how the employee is categorized.
- Workers compensation claims: workers compensation claims are claims that an employee may file with their employer in the event that they have been injured on the job.
If you or someone you know has experienced any of the above types of circumstances, you may have a claim against your employer. It is very important that you consult with an experienced employment attorney. Employment law is different than other types of law since there are a variety of labor codes that an employer must follow.
Why should you hire our Sacramento employment lawyers?
- Our lawyers have decades of experience representing employees who have been discriminated against, harassed, retaliated against, or treated unfairly.
- We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients, whether it is through settlements or through trial verdicts.
- Our top-rated attorneys are readily available. This means that it is not difficult to get a hold of our attorneys in the event that you have any questions or concerns that may come up throughout the legal process.
- We are very passionate about making sure that our clients get the care and help they deserve. It could be very stressful to face discrimination at work, especially if you are laid off.
- We offer one-on-one complimentary consultations to discuss your case and review the different details.
What types of laws fall under employment lawsuits?
Below are several different laws and acts that usually come up in an employment law case:
- Sacramento Minimum Wage Laws
- Family And Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Occupational Safety And Health Act
- Worker Adjustment And Retaining Notification Act
- California Family Rights Act
What compensation could I recover for my employment law claim in Sacramento?
Before we determine what type of compensation you could recover, and how much you could recover in compensation, we recommend that you speak to our top-rated Sacramento lawyers. This is because no two cases are different, and our attorneys will need to determine the specifics of your case.
However, there are some factors that may determine how much you are owed in compensation. There are other factors that could also come into play depending on the circumstances of the case.
- The amount of evidence that you have against the employer. For example, if you are alleging discrimination at the workplace, and you have screenshots of the emails or texts that you received, you may have a strong case in your favor.
- The financial effect that the situation has had. For example, if you were wrongfully terminated from work, you are able to recover lost wages.
- The emotional effect the situation has had. Our attorneys have no doubt that going through such a traumatic experience at work could have an emotional toll.
- If your employer has a history of violating workplace laws. Although this is not a make-or-break, it does help our attorneys when gathering evidence and building your case.
Work with the Best Employment and Labor Law Attorneys in Sacramento
If you have been discriminated against in the workplace and are seeking compensation, the veteran team at the Heidari Law Group is here to help. Feel free to contact us 24/7 at 1-833-225-5454 or email@example.com to get started.
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000