Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our attorneys have decades of experience representing Irvine clients that have experienced frustrating issues with their lemon cars. It takes a highly qualified Lemon Law attorney to represent you and build a strong case in your favor. If you or a loved one believe that you have a lemon car, give our attorneys a call today to book a complimentary consultation.
Lemon law is a set of consumer protection laws that are established by each state. It is also referred to as the Song Beverly Consumer Warranty Act. This Act applies to both new and used vehicles, as long as it has a warranty. The Act requires those who purchase a vehicle to take it in for repairs. In the event that the repairs do not help, they will have to file a claim with the automobile manufacturer. The automobile manufacturer may then try to arbitrate the case.
Each state has its own lemon laws, which is why having a lemon lawyer that is experienced and knowledgeable in specifically California law will help you tremendously.
Why hire an Irvine lemon law attorney?
Having an attorney on your side will increase the chances of getting offered a higher compensation amount from the car manufacturer. Although California law does not necessarily require you to have an attorney, an attorney is highly recommended in order to make sure that the legal process is smooth. Oftentimes, many people are not even aware of the different types of compensation they could receive from an automobile manufacturer. To make sure that you get all the compensation that you deserve, trust our highly qualified lemon law attorneys.
What vehicles fall under lemon law?
The City of Irvine must follow the state of California’s rules in statutes regarding lemon law. The vehicles that qualify under lemon law include:
- Pick up trucks
What makes a car a lemon?
A car is considered to be a lemon when you have taken your car in for repair, and the car has been in service for more than 30 days. This must happen within the car’s first 18,000 miles driven or first 18 months.
When should I file my lemon law claim in Irvine?
Irvine must also follow California’s laws when it comes to the statute of limitations. statute of limitations governs when someone must file a claim, and in the event they filed their claim too late, they will not get any compensation. In California, you must file your lemon law claim within the first 4 years of when you started to experience problems with your vehicle.
It is very important that you meet this deadline because you could risk your entire case if you are late simply even by a day.
What are examples of lemon law defects?
Defects with the vehicle could include:
- Transmission problems
- Seat belt failure
- Faulty wiring
- Faulty fuel injection system
- Problems with the steering wheel
- Problems with the vehicle’s brakes
- Engine stalling
- Poor paint
What car does not qualify under lemon law?
There are certain circumstances that may not fall under the lemon law, and you may not have a strong claim. For example:
- The vehicle was sold to you in an as-is condition, and there were no express guarantees or warranties. This is usually the case when one purchases a vehicle from an individual instead of a dealer.
- The car is outside of the 18-month limitation, or has been driven for more than 18,000 miles.
- The car has been modified or altered. For example, if you have installed a different muffler on the vehicle, it may not fall under lemon law.
How long does it take to settle a lemon law case in Irvine?
There are several different factors that all attorneys must take into consideration when determining exactly when a lemon law case could come to an end. Sometimes it could be very difficult for both parties to agree to a settlement amount. It may take a couple of months, to even years to settle a lemon law claim in California. But, car manufacturers are more likely to settle than go to trial simply because it is a cheaper alternative to trial.
What rights do I have for my lemon law claim in Irvine?
You have the right to file a lawsuit against the car manufacturer in the event that your vehicle has a defect and the defect cannot be fixed. You have the right to get a replacement vehicle for the lemon car that you have.
How can our Irvine lemon law attorneys help?
- Our attorneys will listen to your case and evaluate the strength of your case. In order to give an accurate evaluation, we will have to take a look at various different records, including records stating that you purchased the car, and records of when you took your car in for service.
- Our top-rated attorneys will draft all the necessary documents when filing a claim with the automobile manufacturer.
- We will negotiate with the automobile manufacturers to make sure that we receive compensation that accurately reflects how much you deserve.
- In the event that your case goes to trial, our trial attorneys will represent you in court.
How do I know that I have a lemon car?
Sometimes, there are some indications that your car may be a lemon. It is very important that you constantly stay alert and watch for any signs. The faster you take your car in for service, the sooner the problems could get fixed. Some signs to watch out for include:
- When your vehicle does not come to a complete stop when you break
- When your vehicle has stiff turns
- When you’re steering wheel does not safely move
- When your engine overheats
- When your car is leaking oil
- When your vehicle does not start immediately when turning the keys in the ignition
If you experience any of the above signs, you may be dealing with a lemon car. We recommend that you take your vehicle for service as soon as you feel as though the car may have a problem. The longer you wait, the more likely your chances are increased of getting involved in an accident. When you are involved in an accident with a lemon car, and you are aware that the car was a lemon, you could be somewhat responsible for the injuries that you have caused.
What should you do if your car is a lemon?
There are specific steps that our Irvine attorneys recommend you take if you believe your car is a lemon. For example:
- Take your car in for service: you should immediately take your car in for service the minute that you think that there’s a problem with your car.
- Document everything: make sure that you have documents and receipts of when you took your vehicle in, and if the service fixed your vehicle in any way.
Speak to an attorney: having an Irvine Lemon Law attorney on your side will help ease the process in the event that you are going file a claim.
The time depends on the circumstances of the vehicle, and the defects that it had, but it usually takes about a couple of months for parties to come to a settlement agreement, or to go to trial.
Speak To Our Irvine Lemon Law Attorneys Today
Our lemon law attorneys are available 24/7 to help you with any claims that you may have. Sometimes, many of our clients do not even know that they have a valid lemon law claim until they speak to us. We have helped thousands of clients get compensation for their lemon vehicles.
Examples of Vehicles that could be a lemon?
Essentially, all vehicles could be declared a lemon in California if they meet the above requirements. We have seen lemon vehicles from the following manufacturers: Acura, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Fiat, Jaguar, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Range Rover, Volvo, Toyota, Subaru, Tesla, Mazda, Lexus, Kia, Infinity, Hyundai, General Motors, Dodge, Toyota, Etc.
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Las Vegas Office611 South 6th Street Las Vegas, NV 89101 Tel: 702-722-1500