Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Irvine, California
Serious injuries in motorcycle accidents are all too common. An experienced Irvine motorcycle accident attorney can help you get compensation for the injustices you’ve suffered at the hands of another’s negligence.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Although each accident is different, there are common causes cited for motorcycle accident cases. They include;
Failure of Drivers to See Motorcycles
Motorcycles are often small in size, and many drivers may not see them, especially if they aren’t paying attention. Often, motorists making quick turns don’t notice motorcycles leading to an accident.
Careless or Reckless Driving
If a driver of a passenger vehicle is texting, eating, or on the phone while driving, they often don’t notice motorcycles around them. Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs also cause many motorcycle accidents.
Motorists Failing to Judge the Speed of Motorcycles Correctly
Most drivers can’t judge how fast a motorcycle is moving, which affects their judgment on the road leading to an accident.
Motorists Following Motorcycles Too Close
Motorcycles have a short stopping distance because they are lightweight, making them susceptible to being rear-ended by inattentive drivers.
Debris and Potholes on the Road
Due to their design, motorcycles face a greater hazard from potholes, grooved pavements, road debris, and gaps between different road surfaces. In most cases, government bodies responsible for maintaining the road are liable if the road defects contributed to the accident.
If the motorcycle has design defects or malfunctions, which contributes to the accident, the manufacturer could be held liable, and you can file a product liability lawsuit.
The above are just a few causes of motorcycle accidents, showing that someone other than the motorcyclist can contribute to the accident. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Irvine can help you determine which of the above factors caused the accident and who should be held liable.
Getting Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident
Negligent and distracted drivers cause life-changing motorcycle accidents every day. If you or a loved one is involved in an accident, you can seek compensation from the responsible party if their negligent actions caused the accident. With the help of a motorcycle accident attorney in Irvine, you can obtain the compensation you need to move forward. Some of the damages reimbursed after an accident include;
- Medical Expense – You can claim past and future healthcare costs, including surgeries, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, and appointment costs.
- Property Repairs – The full costs of repairing a damaged motorcycle or replacing it after it’s totaled can be reimbursed based on the car’s pre-crash value.
- Lost Wages – Most, if not all, lost wages from taking time off for medical care and recovery and lost future earning because of disability are compensated.
- Punitive Damages – You may receive additional damages to punish the at-fault party for their recklessness.
- Non-economic Damages – You can seek damages for intangible suffering, pain, anguish, and trauma resulting from the accident.
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Irvine knows the law governing complicated legal issues surrounding a motorcycle accident. At Heidari Law Group, we have a team of motorcycle accident lawyers who can help you obtain the compensation entitled to you under California Law.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers