Burn Injury Attorneys in Sacramento
Call our skilled injury lawyers in Sacramento today to help you receive maximum compensation for your burn injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
There are around 80,000 properties in Sacramento that are at high risk for wildfires and fires. This number is exceptionally high, and this risk only increases during the summer months. Fires could occur just about anywhere, from forest fires to commercial building fires. If you or a loved one have been injured from a fire, and have had burn injuries, contact our Sacramento burn injury attorneys today for more information on how we could help you get the care you need.
Sacramento is known for warm weather almost all year round. Although this is a great benefit to residents, it could also have many risks. The chance of fires increases, and burn injuries may result. If you have suffered burn injuries, you could hold the responsible party accountable for compensation. You could recover compensation for treating those burn injuries by holding the parties responsible. However, it takes a qualified Sacramento attorney to investigate the circumstances of the fire to determine which party is most responsible.
What are the different types of burn injuries?
There are several types of burn injuries. Some examples include:
- First-Degree Burns
- Second-Degree Burns
- Third-Degree Burns
- Chemical Burns
- Thermal Burns
- Radiation Burns
- Burns From Product Fires
- Burns From Road Friction And Road Rash
- Electrical Burns
Who is responsible for my burn injuries?
- Employer: if the buyer happened while at work, then your employer could be held responsible for your burn injuries. Workplace accidents, such as fires, occur when there are not proper protocols and safety measures in place to prevent a fire. In other circumstances, employees may not be fully trained on how to use equipment and devices properly.
- Other employees: if you suffered burn injuries from a fire caused by another employee at your workplace, you could also hold the other employee responsible for your injuries. However, usually, employers are ultimately responsible for failing to train the employee properly.
- Product manufacturer: if the fire was caused by a defective and malfunctioning part on a device, then you could hold the product manufacturer and product retailer responsible for creating such a dangerous product. But, in order to file a product liability lawsuit you must prove exactly what the defect is that caused the fire. A highly rated product liability attorney is needed to investigate the circumstances.
- Property owner: if you suffered burn injuries from a fire that occurred on another person’s property, you could file a lawsuit against the property owner. For example, if the property owner failed to take safety measures and improperly installed electrical wires or failed to police warning signs, they could be held responsible under a premises liability accident. Premises liability is a California law that also applies to Sacramento residents and holds property owners and managers responsible for creating a dangerous condition on the property.
- Drivers: sometimes, fires result from car accidents, especially in truck accidents when the truck is carrying cargo, or oil and gas. If you have suffered burn injuries from a fire caused by a car accident, you could hold the other driver responsible. If the other driver is employed by a trucking company, you could also hold their employer responsible.
- Medical providers: in rare cases, there could even be fires started in hospitals or medical facilities. If that is the case, then the employees and the medical facility owner and manager themselves could be held responsible.
- Doctors: in cases of medical malpractice, burn injuries, such as chemical burns could result from a negligent surgery or treatment. In that case, the patient has the right to file a lawsuit against the medical provider for negligent treatment.
- Other third parties: in other cases, such as battery and assault, victims could get burned if the perpetrator was committing the assault with a flammable object. You could hold the perpetrator responsible, along with the property owner that may have made the assault possible.
Sacramento Burn Injury Treatments
Burn injuries must be immediately treated. If not, it could lead to severe injuries like scarring and disfigurement. Below are the different steps that your doctor may take in order to treat your burn injuries.
For first-degree burns:
First-degree burns are minor burns. They only affect the top layer of the skin, and usually don’t burn deep towards the other layers. Usually, first-degree burns may be treated with antibiotic ointment and over-the-counter pain relief. Sometimes, first-degree burns could itch or have a weird tingling feeling. Burn injury victims could apply a cooling gel as well.
For second degree burns:
Second-degree burns are burns that go deeper than the first layer of the skin. Usually, second-degree burns should be treated by a medical provider. A medical provider may then cover up the burn to prevent any infections. Antibiotics may be prescribed.
For third degree burns:
Third-degree burns are the most severe type of burns compared to first-degree and second degree. Usually, third degree burns not only affect layers of skin but also affects the muscle or bones. Third-degree burns also need immediate medical attention and are usually treated with surgery to remove the dead tissue and skin. Surgeries for skin grafts could also be used to treat a third-degree burn.
Our top-rated Sacramento burn injury attorneys recommend that no matter what type of burn injury you have suffered to get medical treatment right away. Initially, after experiencing a burn injury, you may not know whether it’s a first, second, or a third-degree burn.
Going to a medical professional will assist in diagnosing the burn, and choosing the best source of treatment. After getting medical attention, our experienced attorneys recommend that you speak to our highly qualified lawyers and legal staff to schedule a one-on-one consultation. Case evaluations are a great way to get to know our attorneys, while also getting a legal opinion on what to do next.
How much does a burn injury lawyer cost?
Our Sacramento burn injury lawyers cost $0 upfront. Instead, our attorneys get paid when we win compensation for you. Our attorneys will fight tirelessly to make sure that you get the help you deserve to be able to resume back to normal life.
Burn Injury Settlement
A burn injury settlement is a negotiation between two parties in order to settle on a compensation amount both parties agree with. This is usually done before both parties go to trial. A settlement agreement needs to take into account the loss and damages that you have suffered. It also takes a highly qualified attorney to negotiate with insurance companies and attorneys.
Burn Injury Trial
If a burn injury settlement is not agreed upon, then your case may have to go to trial. Usually, burn injury lawsuits are settled before going to trial. A jury decides whether or not the other party was responsible, and if so, how much you should be awarded.
Sacramento Burn Injury Attorney Near Me
Burn injuries could be devastating, and if not treated properly and immediately, could have devastating consequences. Give our top-rated Sacramento lawyers a call today to see how we can help you hold the parties responsible. Whether the responsible party is an employer, property owner, driver, or property manager, our top-rated attorneys will help you get your life back together.
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Racial Discrimination Attorney in Sacramento
- Sacramento Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
- Sacramento Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Sacramento Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Sacramento Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000