Airline and Plane Accident Attorneys in Irvine
Orange County is home to two major airports, Santa Ana Airport and John Wayne Airport. Millions of people fly through these airports each day for domestic or International flights. Airplane accidents are very rare, but, when they do occur, they could result in severe injuries, oftentimes even death.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
There are several different types of accidents that could occur on a plane or in an airport. Some examples of these accidents include:
- Airplane crashes
- Slip and fall accidents in the airport
- Falls caused by turbulence
- Trip and fall accidents in the airplane
- Objects falling from the overhead bin in the airplane
- Assault and battery in the airplane
- Burns from hot drinks spilled by the airline attendant
Above are just some examples of the different ways victims could get injured in an airplane or in an airport. Usually, when people think of airplane accidents, they immediately think of crashes. But that is not the case, slip and fall accidents in the airport are also a very common type of accident.
Why should you hire an Irvine airplane accident attorney?
- Our Irvine plane accident attorneys take the time to get to know your case. We offer complimentary no risk consultations where you can come into any of our offices, including our Irvine office located near you, and speak to our highly rated legal staff.
- Not only will you have the chance to speak to our attorneys, but also are supporting staff. During this consultation, we will piece together exactly what type of accident you may have had, who the responsible parties are, and what next steps we should take for you. We always work to make sure that our clients get the maximum compensation they deserve. All types of aviation accidents have a likelihood of resulting in severe injuries, make sure that you have an experienced lawyer on your side.
- Also, gathering evidence to prove an aviation accident is one of the most important factors when filing a lawsuit. This is especially true if there were witnesses to the incident, and there were photos of the accident scene. The more time passes, the more difficult it could be to get a hold of these key pieces of evidence.
Are airlines responsible for my accident?
Airlines all fall under common carrier law. Common carriers are those that transport passengers or cargo from one place to another. Under California law, common carriers have a duty to make sure that they’re passengers are free from any negligence, this includes pilot negligence or other third-party passenger negligence.
How can I prove my Irvine airplane accident case?
Usually, airplane accidents assert negligence. Negligence is a legal theory used to prove that the other party did not act the way that they should. When filing an airplane accident, you must show:
- The airline had a duty to act in a reasonably safe manner. For example, the airline should have taken necessary precautions in maintaining the plane to prevent any accidents.
- The airline failed to take such measures and failed to follow that duty.
- Because that airline failed to follow that duty, an accident has now occurred.
- The accident has now caused the victim to suffer injuries.
Above are just examples of some factors that you must have to prove. But, these factors can change depending on the circumstances. Besides negligence, you could also assert negligence per se factors, which take a look at the federal and state laws and regulations that airports and planes must follow, yet have failed to follow.
Who is responsible for my Irvine aviation accident?
- Other passengers
- Owner of the airport
- Owner of the airplane
- 3rd party responsible for maintaining the airplane
- Airplane pilot
- Airplane employee
- Airline attendant
- Other pilots in the air
- Airplane manufacturing company
- Airplane retailing company
What kind of damages could I receive for my Irvine aviation accident?
Similar to almost any type of lawsuit, a victim of an aviation accident has the right to get compensated for their injuries and what they have suffered. A plaintiff, which is a party that is filing the lawsuit, must have to prove the amount in compensation that they suffered. This compensation takes a look at a variety of factors, including physical injuries and the emotional toll it took on the victim. The different types of compensation a plaintiff could seek include:
- Medical expenses: almost any type of aviation accident could lead to physical injuries. These injuries will need to be treated by a medical provider. Medical treatments are not cheap and may result in thousands of dollars of bills. Expenses could also include medication and medical home equipment.
- Lost income: this takes a look at the number of hours that the victim took from work and the amount of compensation that they could have received in the event that they did go to work. Besides looking at past lost hours, an accident victim could also seek future loss of earnings in the event that the injuries are permanent and will impact the way the victim will work.
- Pain and suffering: pain and suffering includes mental anguish and the emotional distress caused by the injuries from the accident. Aviation accidents could be such a traumatic experience, especially because those who are in the airport or airplane are there for travel and leisure, and the last thing on their minds would be to be involved in an accident. Pain and suffering is not easily calculated, that is for the jury to decide.
Property damage: in the event that the victim had belongings on them, they could recover property damage.
What causes airline and airplane accidents in Irvine?
- Negligent pilots
- Pilot error
- Airplane staff error
- Engine failure
- Fuel exhaustion
- Poor weather conditions
- Improperly loaded luggage
What type of evidence could be useful in an Irvine airplane accident lawsuit?
Since airplane and airline accidents could get very complex, it is important that you have strong evidence in your favor. For example, the different types of evidence could include:
- Flight plans
- Airplane inspection records
- Airplane employee records
- Photos of the accident
- Aircraft manual
- Aircraft maintenance schedule
What should I not do after an aviation accident in Irvine?
After an aviation accident, we recommend that you refrain from speaking to any insurance adjusters or attorneys. Usually, insurance adjusters may try to downplay their liability and have accident victims sign waivers of liability. When you sign these liability waivers, it could get very difficult to then file a lawsuit or build a strong case.
Wrongful Death Plane Crashes
Usually, plane crashes result in death for the majority of passengers. If you have lost a loved one in an airplane crash in Irvine, you have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit as a surviving family member. Not only could you hold the party responsible for your loved one’s injuries, you could also recover compensation such as funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of moral support. Wrongful death lawsuits could get very tricky, especially when trying to prove just how much your loved one meant to you.
Give our attorneys a call today to discuss your potential wrongful death claim.
Contact Our Orange County Airplane Accident Attorneys Today
No matter what type of aviation accident in Irvine, make sure that you have a highly qualified lawyer and legal staff on your side.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Irvine Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers
- Accident Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
- Irvine Workplace Discrimination Attorney
- Irvine Lemon Law
- Wrongful Death Cases in Irvine
- Persian Lawyer in Irvine
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000