Negligent Security Attorney in Irvine
Irvine has some of the most well-known shopping centers in all of California, with some of them being at the Irvine Spectrum Center, Woodbury Town Center and Fashion Island. All three of these shopping centers provide great shopping experiences, from luxury markets to everyday grocery stores. With so many businesses in Irvine, each business has a duty and responsibility to make sure that they provide safe premises for visitors.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
All businesses in Irvine have a duty created by California law to make sure that no person is injured on their property. Other than the businesses themselves, this duty is also passed on to the landowners. If you have been injured on someone’s property in Irvine because there was negligent security, you have the right to get compensated for your injuries and your property damage.
What is negligent security?
Negligent security is a legal term used to refer to the duty a property owner or a property occupier has to make sure that they have enough security measures and practices. The property must be clear from any dangerous conditions, even if that means crimes committed by third parties. For example, landowners and occupiers have a duty to make sure that their property is free from any third-party crimes like robbery, battery, and assault.
How do you prove negligent security in Irvine?
Negligent security lawsuits are not as straightforward as a car accident lawsuit could be. This is because there are several parties responsible in a single business or property. For example, there could be the land owner or the property management company, the leasing agent, and the tenant. With so many parties involved, it could get difficult trying to figure out which party was responsible for negligent security. Our Irvine negligent security lawyers will look into the circumstances of the negligent security incident to determine which party was in fact responsible. Below are elements that your top-rated Irvine negligent security lawyer must have to prove:
- Duty: the responsible party had a duty to keep their property safe, and to take precautions to make sure they have proper security measures.
- Breach: the responsible party failed to uphold this duty. They failed to put in security measures to protect visitors on their property.
- Causation: the lack of security caused the accident to occur. This is probably one of the most important elements that they were not the ones that actually committed the robbery, or assault. However, even though the property owner was not the third party that committed the crime, they could still be held responsible for allowing the crime to take place. Had they had proper security measures in place, the negligent security incident may not even have happened.
- Foreseeability: your top rated Irvine attorney must show that it was foreseeable that not having security measures in place could cause such an incident.
- Injuries: because the negligent security incident took place, the victim now has property damages, or has suffered injuries from the incident.
Where do negligent security incidents happen?
Negligent security could happen essentially anywhere. Some of the most common areas include:
- Shopping malls
- Grocery stores
- Parking lots
What measures do property owners need to take?
There is no single standard or set of laws that determine and set out exactly what a property owner or occupier should do to have proper security. Instead, at the totality of the circumstance, such as where the incident occurred, how the incident occurred, what exactly was the incident, and the safety measures already in place. Some examples of security measures a property owner could take include:
- Assessing the property: If you are a property owner or occupier, you should hire a third party to assess the risks that your property may have. Third-party companies have the skills and tools to evaluate the security on a property and determine where the vulnerable areas are.
- Install proper lighting: Usually, crimes are less likely to occur and well-lit areas. Installing proper lighting could reduce the risk of a security incident.
- Surveillance cameras: Security cameras installed on the property could also decrease the likelihood of a security incident.
- Hiring security guards: Having security guards stationed at important points around the building, such as at the front door and at the exit could decrease the possibility of a negligent security incident.
- Restrict access: Making it more difficult for others to get into the building is another way you could reduce the risk of a security incident. For example, having only a certain amount of key cards given out to employees could make the building secure.
- Fences: Installing a fence around the property could deter trespassers from coming onto the property.
- Emergency plans: Having an emergency plan in place in the event of an incident could help ease the process and minimize risks.
- Maintenance: The property should constantly be maintained. For example, if there are any dangerous shrubbery or trees that decrease the visibility of trespassers, make sure that you maintain the property.
- Monitor local crimes: Always monitor local tribes in the area to see if there is a pattern, and to stay on high alert.
What are examples of negligence security incidences?
There are several different situations where property owners and occupiers could be held responsible for not providing proper security measures. These examples include:
- Vandalism: You could have your vehicle damaged from third-party vandals on another person’s property.
- Robbery: Improper lighting could increase the risk of robbery
- Sexual assault: areas that are more private have a higher risk of sexual assault
- Break-ins: This is especially common in parking lots, when third parties try to break into other vehicles.
- School intruders: Intruders are likely to walk into a school if there are no security measures in place, such as a security guard or a gate.
- Home invasions: This is common in apartment complexes, and occurs when the complex does not have proper security measures, such as access key cards for tenants.
What types of injuries result from negligence security?
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
Property Damage And Negligent Security
One of the most common types of damages associated with negligence security claims and lawsuits is property damage. Usually, if there are not proper safety measures in place, one could have their car broken into, and have things stolen. In that case, the victim has the right to recover the replacement or repair cost. For more information, give our attorneys a call to discuss your case.
Irvine Negligent Security Lawyer
If you need a negligent security attorney we are ready to help you. Our Irvine attorneys know exactly how to best represent a negligent security incident victim. No matter what type of incident you were involved in, from assault to robbery, you have the right to get the property owner or occupier responsible for your injuries.
After going through such an experience, victims of these types of incidences don’t even know that there could be other liable parties. To discuss your specific case, and to see if the property owner could be held responsible, give our Irvine lawyers a call today.
As described above, each negligent security circumstance is different from one another. That is why your attorney must have all your case details before filing a claim or a lawsuit. It is very important that you maintain that confidential relationship with your attorney.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Irvine Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers
- Car Accident Attorneys in Irvine
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers in Irvine
- Ride Share Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Irvine OCTA Bus Accident Attorney
- DUI & Drunk Driving Lawyer in Irvine
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Irvine
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
- Irvine Age Discrimination Attorneys
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Irvine
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Irvine
- Irvine Whistleblower Retaliation Attorneys
- Disability Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- Irvine Pregnancy Discrimination Attorneys
- Irvine Racial Discrimination Attorneys
- Persian Lawyer in Irvine
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000