Product Liability Attorney in Irvine
If you have been injured by a product in Irvine, contact our Irvine lawyers to see how you can hold the parties responsible for your injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Product liability is a very specific type of law. It is used to refer to defective products that have caused injury to others, from minor injuries to major catastrophic injuries. Regardless of the type of injury, the victim has the right to file a lawsuit against the product manufacturer and retailer to hold them accountable for the damages they have suffered.
Not every attorney in the Irvine area is qualified to file a product liability lawsuit. Product liability lawsuits are different than a standard car accident or motorcycle accident lawsuit because there are different elements and factors that your attorney will have to prove. For more information, and to speak with our legal team one-on-one and discuss your case, give our lawyers a call today.
Who is responsible for my product liability lawsuit in Irvine?
Since product liability looks into the creation of the product, all parties that were involved in the manufacturing and design chain could essentially be held responsible for a product defect. It takes a highly qualified attorney to look into the circumstances and the history of the product to identify all possible parties. Examples of the different types of parties that could be held responsible include:
- Product manufacturers: this is usually the most common party that is held responsible for product liability accidents. The manufacturer could be held responsible for several different parts of the process as the product goes through the chain, including manufacturing and design.
- Product distributor: the product distributor is one that has wholesale storage systems and distributes to smaller retailers like grocery stores.
- Product designers: product designers are those who are usually involved in the beginning stages of the product. Product designers could be held responsible if the design of the product was dangerous and caused the injury. This is separate from a manufacturing defect, and the injured person must have to show how the design was defective, and how another alternative design would not cause such injuries.
- Product installers: products are oftentimes assembled separately in a separate warehouse. If installed improperly, it could be defective, and cause injuries.
- Marketing department: the department responsible for marketing the product could be held responsible if they improperly marketed the product for a different use than what it is meant to do.
What are the different types of defects that a product could have for a product’s liability lawsuit?
There are three different types of defects that a product could have that could cause injuries. The different types of defects include:
- Design defects: this occurs when the product’s design itself makes it very difficult to use the product, or the design causes injuries.
- Marketing defect: this type of defect occurs when the marketing department fails to give out proper warnings, or markets the product for a different use.
- Manufacturing defect: manufacturing defects occur during the installation and assembly process.
Breach Of Contract Irvine Attorneys
Besides product liability, you could also file a breach of contract lawsuit for any injuries that you may have suffered from a product. Breach of contract lawsuits holds the product manufacturer responsible for the harm and damages caused by the defective product. The injured party must show how there was a contract between both parties. In this case, there was a contract between the purchaser and the product retailer. The purchaser will then have to show that the product’s safety and qualification did not meet The standards. The product manufacturer had to meet their obligations in the contract.
Strict Liability Irvine Attorneys
Strict liability holds the product manufacturers responsible for defects with their products, regardless of whether they took precautions or not. Strict liability holds the product manufacturers accountable even if they took precautions to make the product safely.
What kind of injuries do product defects cause?
The types of injuries depend on the defect the product has, but generally, some injuries may include:
- Brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
What are the most common product liability lawsuits in Irvine?
Although all products could be defective, there are some products that are more susceptible to being defective and are more common in product liability lawsuits. these products include:
- Vehicle parts: when a vehicle’s parts are defective, it could increase the risk of vehicle accidents. The accident victim could hold several parties responsible for the accident, including the product manufacturer.
- Medical products: medical products are also a very common product involved in a product liability lawsuit. This includes medical devices and implants.
- Children’s toys: small and toxic children’s toys could be a potential health hazard to children, especially if left unsupervised. The most common children’s product that has been litigated has been children’s cribs.
- Construction equipment: construction equipment has so many moving parts that if just one part is not properly taken care of and repaired, the entire equipment could malfunction. It is very dangerous to work at a construction site where there are defective equipment, and the employees are not properly trained.
- Food: contaminated food that causes food poisoning is also considered a product under a product’s liability lawsuit.
Product Liability And Fires
Defective products could also cause electrical and fire hazards. Those around the product are most likely to get electrocuted and suffer severe injuries. Electrocution could lead to catastrophic injuries, such as nerve damage.
Irvine Product Liability Attorneys
Call our Irvine product liability lawyers today for more information on how you could get compensated for your injuries. Product liability, as explained above, has several different parties involved in the process. Because the product is initially designed, then manufactured, then assembled, and then distributed, many parties could be held responsible. But, it takes a highly qualified Irvine product liability attorney to look into the circumstances of the accident, determine what was the defect of the product, and then pursue compensation from the correct party.
Contact our attorneys to get a one-on-one confidential consultation set up with our skilled legal team. We are available 24/7 to assist you with any questions you may have regarding your product’s liability case.
One of the most important things that your attorney could do is keep up with product defect news. Almost every week, there is some type of product recall. A highly skilled products liability attorney is one that constantly keeps up with news and legal research to make sure that their products liability claims are strong, and they file their lawsuit in time.
There is a time limit on when you could file a product liability lawsuit. It depends on the circumstances of the incident. For example, if you sustained injuries from the product, you should file your lawsuit within two years from the date of the incident. Also, if you have lost a loved one due to a defective product, you should also file your lawsuit within 2 years.
This statute of limitations is taken very seriously by the courts. There are also several exceptions that could extend the time for when you could file the lawsuit. But, not everyone is eligible for the exception. Give our attorneys a call to discuss today.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Irvine Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers
- Accident Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
- Irvine Workplace Discrimination Attorney
- Irvine Lemon Law
- Wrongful Death Cases in Irvine
- Persian Lawyer in Irvine
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- No related articles found.
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000