Gym Accident Attorneys in Irvine
Have you been injured while at the gym? Contact us today to see how you could recover compensation and hold the party responsible for your injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Irvine, California has so many different types of gyms. For example, in Irvine, you could find a 24-hour fitness, LA Fitness, Equinox, Anytime Fitness, YMCA, Planet Fitness, the training spot, orange theory, and many more fitness centers and recreation centers.
All fitness centers and facilities have a duty under California law to make sure that their property is safe for visitors. This means that gyms have a duty to make sure that their property is constantly maintained, and free from any dangerous conditions that could result in injuries. When a gym fails to follow through with this duty, it could be held responsible under a gym accident lawsuit.
Could I hold a gym responsible for my injuries?
Gyms have a duty to make sure that they create a safe environment for all property visitors. This means that there are several different steps that they must take to make sure that all individuals who visit their property are not injured. Below are some examples of a duty that a gym or recreational facility has in Irvine.
- Equipment maintenance: All gyms must make sure that their equipment and property on the land is properly maintained. This means that there must be constant inspections, along with maintenance of any equipment that may seem to be breaking down.
- Sanitation: This has become a popular duty, especially in recent years. Gyms have a duty to make sure that their property is well sanitized, and is kept up with health and safety codes.
- Training employees: Gyms and facilities have a responsibility to make sure that all staff are properly trained in the event of an emergency. For example, some employees must be trained in CPR.
- Supervision: In some circumstances, the gym must employ staff that are supervising the equipment.
- Signage: In the event that there is a dangerous condition, a gym has a responsibility to make sure that they have proper signs warning the land visitors of any dangers.
- Parking lot security: Sometimes, a gym could also be held responsible for incidents, such as assaults that could happen in the gym parking lot. If there were prior circumstances of assault or robbery in the parking lot, and the gym failed to take any action, they could be held responsible for any future incidents in the parking lot.
- Waivers: Gyms must have waivers and release forms given to their customers, especially those who participate in any activities at the gym.
- Data protection: Given that many people provide sensitive data when signing up for gym memberships, the gym has a responsibility to make sure that they properly store all personal information of their customers.
Above are just some examples of the different steps of facility could take to properly exercise its duty under California law. In the event that you have been injured because the gym failed to take any of the above steps, you could hold them responsible for the injuries that you have suffered. Call our Irvine personal injury attorneys to discuss your specific circumstance.
Examples of gym accidents in Irvine include:
- Equipment accident: this is one of the most common types of accidents at gyms in Irvine. When an inexperienced visitor uses gym equipment improperly, it could lead to accidents, such as falls.
- Slip and fall accidents: all gyms have a responsibility to make sure that the floors, especially the floors of the rocker rooms are kept free from any dangerous conditions. This means that the floors cannot be slippery.
- Falls from equipment: A customer could potentially fall while using gym equipment if used improperly.
- Collisions with other visitors: When a gym is overpacked and overcrowded, collision accidents are likely to result in other visitors.
- Improper supervision: Improper supervision by gym employees could lead to gym accidents.
- Hygiene illnesses: Infections are likely to travel if not maintained properly.
Defective Gym Equipment Attorney
If you have been injured by defective gym equipment, you have the right to file a product liability lawsuit. Product liability lawsuits are a way of holding the equipment manufacturer accountable for manufacturing a defective equipment part. Product liability could get very tricky and complex, especially when proving what the defect was. For more information, give us a call today to discuss.
What should I do if I have been injured at the gym?
If you have been injured from a gym in Irvine, you must make sure that you take the following steps:
- Get medical attention immediately. Usually, gym accidents involve heavy machinery, which could lead to catastrophic injuries if not treated properly. We recommend that you get the medical care you need.
- Generate a report. Usually, gyms and recreational facilities have a policy in place that requires all employees to report an incident that occurs at the gym. This could be very helpful, especially when filing a claim or a lawsuit against the gym.
- Take photos of the accident location. Sometimes, photos could really help piece together what the cause of the accident was. For example, photos could show a defect or could show the condition of the floors at the time of a slip and fall incident.
- Contact an Irvine gym accident attorney for more information. A gym accident attorney will be able to assist you when piecing together the cause of the incident and how much you could recover in compensation.
Could I file a lawsuit against a gym in Irvine if I signed a waiver?
Usually, gyms almost always incorporate waivers into a membership. This means that when a customer signs up for the membership for the first time, they may sign a release that states that there are dangerous conditions on the property, and the visitor could get injured by equipment. If you have signed a waiver prior to your gym accident injuries, call us today to see how we can help you.
Could I file a lawsuit for being injured at the gym?
You could file a lawsuit if you have been injured while at the gym, but, this lawsuit must be filed within 2 years or less. If you file the lawsuit after 2 years have passed, you will lose your right to file the suit.
What if I was also responsible for my gym accident injuries in Irvine?
If you think you are partially responsible for your injuries, this should not sway you from filing a lawsuit. California has comparative negligence laws, which allow the victim to still recover compensation and hold the other party responsible. But, the compensation they could recover could be reduced based on how much a fault they work. Our Irvine attorneys at Heidari law are here to help you every step of the way. We work hard to make sure you get the justice you deserve. Our attorneys are not paid any fees until we win your case.
Irvine Gym Accident Attorney
Our Orange County accident lawyers know just what it takes to hold the parties responsible for your injuries. Although the common misconception is that because you have signed a waiver you are unable to file a lawsuit, that is not completely true. If you have been injured because of another party’s negligence, you have the right to recover compensation for your injuries.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Irvine Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers
- Accident Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
- Irvine Workplace Discrimination Attorney
- Irvine Lemon Law
- Wrongful Death Cases in Irvine
- Persian Lawyer in Irvine
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000