Train Accident Attorney in Irvine
If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident in Irvine, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries by holding the negligent party responsible. Our experienced train accident attorneys know just what it takes to file a successful train accident lawsuit. For several decades now we have been representing train accident victims, with both minor and major injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
There are several different trains in Irvine. For example, Irvine has an Amtrak train station at the Irvine Transportation Center on Barranca Parkway. Amtrak is a train that connects the city of Irvine to various other cities all throughout the state of California. The line runs all the way toward San Luis Obispo.
The other type of train in Irvine is the Metrolink. Irvine station has a Metrolink system that also connects the city to various other cities all around the state of California. Both these train stations have thousands of visitors each year as people use the trains to commute to work, school, or leisure. Although there are several regulations that promote train safety, train accidents are still bound to occur.
What are the different types of train accidents?
- Train collisions: a train could collide with oncoming vehicles, objects on the road, or another train
- Train derailment: this is a very serious accident, and occurs when the train derails, and the train loses control.
- Onboard train accident: these types of accidents are almost never thought of, and includes accidents such as trip and fall accidents, slip and fall accidents, or when passengers are struck by objects in the train
What causes train accidents in Irvine?
- Engineer errors
- Train conductor errors
- Train steward errors
- Defective train parts
- Improper train maintenance
- Conductor negligence, such as speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Poor road conditions
- Poor track conditions
- Fatigued conductor
Passengers and Train Accidents
If you are a passenger while riding the train, you could get thrown from one side of the train to the other, or loose objects could strike you.
Vehicles and train accidents
Trains that collide with oncoming vehicles could cause substantial and severe injuries for those passengers in the vehicle. For example, those passengers could suffer spinal cord injuries, or even death.
Bystanders and Train Accidents
Bystanders waiting for the train could also get severely injured, or even pass away from collision with the train.
What should I do after a train accident in Orange County?
After an accident, you should seek medical attention immediately. Usually, injuries are felt a couple of days after an incident, but you should go immediately for an evaluation. Make sure that you constantly attend all your medical appointments. Failing to show up for your medical appointments could aggravate your injuries, and could be used against you if you were to file a claim or a lawsuit for the injuries.
Who can file a lawsuit for a train accident injury?
Anyone who has been injured in a train accident could file a lawsuit to seek recovery for their injuries. The different types of people that could file a lawsuit include:
- Passengers: passengers on a train have the right to file a lawsuit if they have been injured while riding the train. California places common carrier duties on trains. Trains have a duty to keep their passengers free from any accidents or dangerous conditions.
- Train employees: train employees who have been injured could also file a lawsuit against the crane for any injuries they have suffered.
- Third-party vehicles: passengers and third party vehicles could also file a lawsuit in the event that the train collided with the vehicle.
Who can I file a train accident lawsuit against?
- Railway employees
- Railway maintenance companies
- Drivers of other vehicles
- Train conductor
- Train owner
- Equipment operator
What compensation could I receive for my train accident in Irvine?
The amount of compensation you will receive from your train accident depends on the circumstances of the accident, and the severity of your injuries. But, there are several different types of compensation you may be eligible to receive. This includes
- Non-economic damages: these include emotional distress and mental anguish
- Economic damages: these include medical costs and lost wages
- Punitive damages: rarely awarded, and only awarded when there is another malicious party
What will our Irvine train accident attorneys do for you?
Train accidents could get very tricky, especially when piecing together exactly what happened and who the responsible parties me be. Our attorneys will:
- Explain the next best steps to take for your Irvine train accident lawsuit. We offer complimentary consultations and case evaluations where you could come in and discuss your potential train accident lawsuit with our highly qualified legal staff and team. Our attorneys are also available 24/7 to answer any questions that may come to mind. We are available via phone, through email, through chat, and in person at our Irvine office.
- Once we begin looking into your train accident, we will gather all evidence. Key pieces of evidence that are involved in a train accident include police reports, collision reports, medical records, photos, videos, and eyewitness statements.
- Our highly qualified Irvine attorneys will interview witnesses to determine exactly what happened, and what they saw.
- Train accidents will need site investigations and inspections to determine exactly what caused the accident. Our attorneys have relationships with top-rated accident investigation experts who will assist us when determining liability.
- In the event that your claim does go to trial, our top-rated trial attorneys have several awards and recognitions for our great work representing clients in trial.
When should I file my train accident lawsuit in Irvine?
There is a statute of limitations time limit that determines when you can file your lawsuit. You must file your lawsuit within two years after the train accident. The clock starts ticking the minute the train incident happens. But, if you discovered your injuries later on, you have one year from the date that you discovered your injuries. This could get very tricky, especially when trying to figure out when you could file your lawsuit. Our best advice is to file your lawsuit immediately as soon as possible to make sure that you’ve met all the requirements. To see what the statute of limitations is for your specific train accident case, give our experienced lawyers a call today.
Train accidents and wrongful death claims
Unfortunately, in certain train accidents, death may result from passengers getting killed from the abrupt collision and impact. But, the deceased’s family could file a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim is a specific type of lawsuit where the family members could recover medical bills, and lost wages, along with their damages, such as loss of Consortium and loss of income.
When can I file my train accident wrongful death claim?
You must file your wrongful death claim within 2 years from the date of your family member’s death. If you file your claim after the two years have passed, you will lose your right to seek compensation.
Irvine Train Accident Lawyer Near Me
Contact our Orange County train accident attorneys if you have been involved in an accident involving a train.
Heidari Law Group Irvine Practice Areas
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Irvine Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Irvine Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Irvine DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Irvine Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Irvine Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Irvine Car Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Bike Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Irvine Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Irvine Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers
- Accident Attorneys in Irvine
- Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
- Irvine Workplace Discrimination Attorney
- Irvine Lemon Law
- Wrongful Death Cases in Irvine
- Persian Lawyer in Irvine
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000