Heidari Law Group
We Handle Ridesharing Accident Claims in Bakersfield and Throughout Kern County
Heidari Law Group (Buena Park Office)
17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600
Irvine, CA 92614
tel: (949) 239-1020
fax: (949) 239-1021
Bakersfield Uber, Lyft, Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Open 24 HOURS A DAY
7 DAYS A WEEK
At Heidari Law Group, P.C., our Bakersfield Uber & Lyft accident lawyer is an experienced and knowledgeable advocate for injured victims and their loved ones. Our firm holds ridesharing companies and their insurers accountable. If you or someone you care about was harmed in an Uber/Lyft collision, we are here to help. To arrange your free, fully private case assessment with a top-rated Kern County ridesharing accident injury attorney, please contact us today.
Four Steps to Take After a Ridesharing Accident in Bakersfield
Whether you were involved in an accident as a ridesharing passenger, while riding in another car, or as a bicyclist/pedestrian, you need to be ready to proactively protect yourself. Here are four steps to take after an Uber accident or Lyft accident in Bakersfield, CA:
- An Injury Crash Must Be Reported: California law requires the reporting of all injury crashes. Drivers have the duty to file a report. Even if you were not driving, you should ensure that your Uber or Lyft accident is properly reported.
- Injured Victims Need Immediate Medical Care: Many auto accident injuries are more severe than they seem in the immediate aftermath of the crash. Get the proper medical care right away. You need to protect yourself—and you need medical records to bring a claim.
- Uber/Lyft and Insurers Should Be Notified: All implicated parties should be notified that a crash has occurred as soon as possible. First, make sure that the ridesharing service (Uber or Lyft) is notified. Additionally, any insurers should be notified.
- Consult With a Lawyer—Before Giving a Statement: You may be asked by Uber/Lyft or an insurer to answer questions or provide a recorded statement. It is never in your best interests to do so before consulting with a Bakersfield, CA ridesharing accident lawyer.
California has Specialized Insurance Requirements for Ridesharing Companies
Ridesharing services are still a relatively recent phenomenon. In the early days, there were serious concerns about the lack of adequate insurance coverage for ridesharing drivers. Indeed, Uber and Lyft often attempted to disclaim liability and push it onto individual ridesharing drivers. State lawmakers put more stringent rules in place. The California Department of Insurance explains that all ridesharing services must cover their vehicles (and passengers) by a minimum mandatory $1,000,000 commercial insurance policy from the moment a “trip” is accepted by a driver until the moment that the passenger exits the vehicle.
Maximize Your Financial Compensation After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Following a serious Uber accident or Lyft accident, injured victims need financial compensation to pay bills and support themselves. Unfortunately, large ridesharing companies and their commercial insurers do not make the claims process easy on people. Our Bakersfield ridesharing accident lawyer is committed to helping clients secure the maximum settlement or verdict. Compensation may be granted for:
- Property damage (automobile repairs);
- Emergency room care;
- Medical expenses and other costs;
- Physical therapy and mental health treatment;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Injured Victims Trust Our Bakersfield, CA Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing accident claims are complex. At Heidari Law Group, P.C., we have the unique skills and expertise needed to help injured victims get through these cases. Our personal injury law firm is proactive and results-focused. Among other things, our Bakersfield, CA Uber & Lyft accident lawyer is prepared to:
- Hear your story and explain your options under California’s ridesharing laws;
- Thoroughly investigate the Uber/Lyft accident, gathering the evidence you need;
- Handle the legal paperwork as well as settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a customized strategy driven to maximize your financial compensation.
Nearby Heidari Law Locations
Contact Our Bakersfield, CA
Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer for Immediate Help
At Heidari Law Group, P.C., our Bakersfield Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are standing by, ready to advocate for your rights and your interests. Whether you were injured as a ridesharing passenger, a ridesharing driver, a pedestrian, or occupant of another car, we are here to help. Give us a call now or send us a message online to set up a free, no obligation case review in English or Spanish. We handle Uber & Lyft accident claims in Bakersfield and throughout Kern County, including in Delano and Ridgecrest.