Wrongful Retaliation Attorney in Bakersfield
No employee working in Bakersfield should face retaliation in the workplace.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
If you or someone you know has been retaliated at the workplace, then you should hold your employer responsible by hiring an experienced Bakersfield employment attorney. Our top-rated Bakersfield employment attorneys work hard so you don’t have to. We understand that it could be very difficult to file a lawsuit against your employer and you may have a fear of speaking up. But no employee should be retaliated against. There are several different state laws and federal laws that protect Bakersfield employees from being retaliated against in the workplace.
There are different ways workplace retaliation could take place. That is why many employees don’t even know that they are being retaliated against, or that they even have a valid claim that they could file as a lawsuit. Our top-rated Bakersfield employment attorneys know that employees must have the ability and the right to stand up and report any labor violations or injustice that could occur at the workplace. No person should have to fear the repercussions.
What is workplace retaliation?
Workplace retaliation refers to actions taken by an employer against an employee because the employee has spoken up or reported any incident at the workplace. Even if an employee assists other investigators who are looking into the employer’s unsafe or hostile workplace, the employer should not hold the employee responsible and retaliate against them.
Can I file a lawsuit for workplace retaliation in Bakersfield?
Bakersfield, California follows state laws and federal laws when it comes to filing lawsuits and establishing employee rights. In California and under federal law, an employee has the ability to file a lawsuit against their employer for any retaliation that they have faced in the workplace. For more information, give our Bakersfield employment attorneys a call today to discuss.
What are examples of workplace retaliation in Bakersfield?
- Workplace harassment: No employee in Bakersfield should be harassed, whether verbally or sexually because they have spoken up and reported unsafe workplace practices. Harassment has several different forms, with physical harassment causing physical injuries. If you have suffered physical injuries from your employer, contact our attorneys. We recommend that before contacting our attorneys you also get evaluated by a medical provider. Harassment can include circumstances like assault and battery, which could lead to catastrophic injuries like a traumatic brain injury. These types of injuries should be treated as soon as possible.
- Sexual harassment: Sexual harassment is also very common in the workplace. But unfortunately, many employees are afraid of speaking up because they are afraid of being retaliated against. Many employees may be living paycheck to paycheck, and may not want to speak up for fear that they may lose their job.
- Workplace discrimination: Workplace discrimination is discrimination that an employee may face because they spoke up and reported the workplace environment. Examples of discrimination could include gender discrimination, age discrimination, religious discrimination, national origin discrimination, racial discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination, etc. Examples of discrimination could include leaving the employee out of meetings or not getting the employee involved at all. Other examples could include derogatory remarks made to the employee.
- Unpaid wages: Another way that an employer could try to get back at an employee is by declining to pay the employee the wages that they’re owed. For example, if the employee worked overtime, they should be paid overtime wages.
What can I report in the workplace?
Federal and state laws protect employees, and allow them the ability to report unfair, or illegal circumstances at the workplace. Examples of what an employee could report include:
- Workplace harassment
- Sexual harassment
- Workplace discrimination
- Wage and hour disputes
- Workplace hazards
- Illegal activity such as fraud
What is the most common example of workplace retaliation in Bakersfield?
The most common example of workplace retaliation in Bakersfield is wrongful termination. Wrongful termination occurs when the employer lets go of an employee through no fault of the employee. The employer instead fires the employee because they no longer want to deal with the employee. This is one of the biggest examples of workplace retaliation.
What will our wrongful retaliation Bakersfield attorneys do?
- Our Bakersfield attorneys will answer any questions or concerns you may have about your potential workplace retaliation claim. The case evaluation is the perfect opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have with your case.
- Investigate the circumstances of the retaliation incident to determine what steps we should take for you and your specific case.
- Negotiate with employers, insurance companies, or attorneys to make sure that you get the highest compensation possible.
Wrongful Retaliation Laws
Under California Labor Code section 1102.5, employers are not allowed to retaliate against employees if employees ever report violations of California or federal laws at the workplace.
Can I file a claim for unpaid wages?
Wrongful retaliation is usually an action that follows after an employee lets their employer know about unpaid wages. When an employer does not pay their employees full wages that the employees are owed, the employees could file a claim with the Department of Labor Standards and Enforcement.
The Labor Commissioner is responsible for looking into the circumstances of the unpaid wages. Both parties then come to some type of settlement or resolution. For more information on how to file a claim, give our attorneys a call today.
Could I file a claim or lawsuit against my employer?
You could file a claim with proper government authorities, or you could file an independent civil lawsuit against your employer. But, this depends on the circumstances of the workplace retaliation that you have been subject to. For more information, contact us to discuss further and to determine what steps you should take for your case.
Why do I need a Bakersfield retaliation claim attorney?
If you are considering a workplace retaliation lawsuit or claim, the best thing you could do for yourself is discuss your case with a top-rated and experienced Bakersfield attorney. A highly rated Bakersfield attorney will understand what it’s like to go through and experience like wrongful retaliation, and hold your employer accountable.
We can help you get a variety of damages, including any back pay or any front pay, along with any emotional distress that you have suffered from the wrongful workplace retaliation. You could also recover attorney’s fees in certain cases. If you have been denied any vacation time, sick time, or overtime, you could also recover those unpaid wages. This is referred to as a wage and dispute claim.
But, you should build trust with your attorneys. Our attorneys offer confidential consultations and always want to walk our clients through the best pieces of advice on what to do next.
Contact our top-rated workplace retaliation attorneys to discuss your specific case
We want to make sure that our clients get the top-rated legal care they deserve. If you are a resident of Bakersfield, California, get in touch with our top-rated attorneys. We have an office located in Bakersfield and have decades of experience representing people that have been retaliated against.
- Abogados de lesiones personales de Las Vegas
- Abogados de asalto y agresión en Las Vegas
- Abogados de resbalones y caídas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones de la médula espinal de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones cerebrales traumáticas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de muerte por negligencia de Las Vegas
- Abogados de mordeduras de perro en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de conductores ebrios y DUI en Las Vegas
- Abogados de compensación laboral de Las Vegas
- Abogados persas de Las Vegas y abogados iraníes
- Abogados de accidentes automovilísticos de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de motocicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Bicicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Camiones en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de peatones de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de autobús en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de Uber y Lyft en Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000