Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Bakersfield
If you have been discriminated against because you belong to a specific class, contact our employees for more information.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
The Many Forms of Workplace Discrimination
No employee in Bakersfield should have to be discriminated against. The city of Bakersfield constantly works to make sure that its employees are not discriminated against for falling under a certain class. The classes include race, color, age, sex, national origin, or disability. Just because they belong to any of these mentioned classes, the employer cannot violate labor laws. This means that an employer must provide the employee benefits or must treat the employee fairly at work.
Our top-rated employment attorneys in Bakersfield understand the stressful situation that you could be in in the event that your employer or your coworkers discriminate against you. There are several different ways you could be discriminated against, and it takes a highly-rated lawyer to look into your circumstances and build a strong claim for you to prove that discrimination took place. There are several laws that protect employees in Bakersfield. For example, this may include:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: This is the general law that prohibits discrimination in any type of program or financial assistance based on race, color, or national origin.
- Americans With Disabilities Act: The Americans With Disabilities Act has several different rights that are granted to those with disabilities. They are essentially given the same rights as any other citizen, and should not be discriminated against because they are disabled.
Disability discrimination occurs when those with disabilities are treated unfairly at work because of their disability. Not only does this supply at work, but at other programs as well such as housing and education.
According to the city of Bakersfield United States Census, there were around 39,000 people in Bakersfield who were living with a disability in a single year. The Americans with Disabilities Act is a law in place that protects those who are disabled.
Employment discrimination against disabled employees could take place in various different ways. For example, employment discrimination could include:
- Failing to provide the employee with accommodations to continue to do their work. For example, if an employee is injured and then considered temporarily or permanently disabled, and requires accommodations, such as a standing desk, to continue to do their work properly, an employer cannot deny the employee the right to accommodations.
- If an employer fires an employee because they have now been considered temporarily or permanently disabled, workplace discrimination has occurred.
- An employer cannot demote an employee simply because they have become disabled.
- An employer cannot refuse to hire a future potential employee slowly because they are disabled.
- Those with disabilities cannot be paid less than others who are doing the same job and have the same responsibilities.
- Employers cannot retaliate against an employee for speaking up about workplace retaliation that they have faced at work for their disabilities.
- Employers cannot harass their employees with disabilities and create an unsafe work environment for the rest of the employees.
According to the United States Census, around 30% of the Bakersfield population is under 18 years of age. Around 10% of the population in Bakersfield is over the age of 65 years. Age discrimination is widely popular in Bakersfield.
Examples of age discrimination in the workplace could include:
- Refusing to hire the employee because they are older.
- Refusing to promote the employee because they are older.
- Creating a mandatory retirement age among the employees.
- Laying off employees that are older.
- Offering an early retirement package to an employee because they are older.
- Failing to promote an employee because they are older.
- Denying the employee workplace benefits, such as medical insurance because they are older.
- Not allowing the employee wage and hour protections under California law because they are older.
According to the United States Census, around 50.4% of the population in Bakersfield are females. Gender discrimination is also very common among those employees in Bakersfield. If you believe you have experienced gender discrimination at work, give our top-rated employment attorneys a call today.
Examples of gender discrimination at work in Bakersfield include:
- Paying one gender less than the other gender for the same work duties and responsibilities.
- Refusing to hire a potential employee because they belong to a specific gender
- Failing to promote an employee that belongs to a specific gender, while promoting an employee of the opposite gender who does the same work responsibilities.
- Sexually harassing employees that belong to a specific gender at work.
- Firing an employee because they belong to a specific gender.
- Treating an employee differently because they have just given birth or are pregnant.
Racial discrimination is also a very common type of discrimination in Bakersfield, California, and especially in the workplace. According to the United States Census, around 57.9% of the population in Bakersfield are considered white. 7% of the population in Bakersfield are black or African American alone. 0.9% are American Indian and Alaska natives. 7.2% are Asian. 12.5% identify themselves as two or more races. 52% are Hispanic or Latino.
Examples of racial discrimination at work include:
- Refusing to hire an individual because of their race.
- Preferring to hire one race over another.
- Denying the employee opportunities to advance at work because of their race.
- Only promoting a specific racial group at work.
- Not offering bonuses to a specific racial group.
- Harassing employees of a specific racial group.
- Retaliation against an employee for speaking up against a racial discrimination incident.
- Racially profiling employees.
- Making derogatory comments or phrases about an employee because of their race.
- Talking about the other employees’ race negatively with other coworkers.
National Origin Discrimination
National origin discrimination is also common among employees in Bakersfield. According to the United States Census, 19% of the Bakersfield population consider themselves foreign-born persons.
Examples of national origin discrimination at work in Bakersfield include:
- Terminating an employee because of their national origin.
- Failing to promote an employee because of their national origin.
- Paying an employee less because of their national origin.
- Treating an employee less because of their national origin.
- Culturally discriminating against an individual because of their culture or practices.
- Not providing work opportunities because of an employee’s national origin.
As explained above, there are several different ways discrimination in the workplace could occur. But to specifically discuss the discrimination that you have faced at work, give us a call today to speak to our highly qualified legal staff.
Contact our Bakersfield workplace discrimination attorneys today for more information on how you could hold your employer responsible.
Because discrimination does not occur directly, and an employer does not outright say they are discriminating against an employee, it takes a top-rated and experienced workplace discrimination lawyer in Bakersfield to hold your employer responsible and make sure that you have a strong claim.
We will investigate the circumstances of your discrimination case. We offer one-on-one case evaluation so you can have the opportunity to discuss your specific discrimination case, and we can take the next steps for your suit.
We also offer contingency fee agreements to our clients, to make sure that they can move forward with their lives while we pay for all the upfront costs with your case.
- Abogados de lesiones personales de Las Vegas
- Abogados de asalto y agresión en Las Vegas
- Abogados de resbalones y caídas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones de la médula espinal de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones cerebrales traumáticas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de muerte por negligencia de Las Vegas
- Abogados de mordeduras de perro en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de conductores ebrios y DUI en Las Vegas
- Abogados de compensación laboral de Las Vegas
- Abogados persas de Las Vegas y abogados iraníes
- Abogados de accidentes automovilísticos de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de motocicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Bicicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Camiones en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de peatones de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de autobús en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de Uber y Lyft en Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000