Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Bakersfield
If you have been injured or bitten and buy a dog in Bakersfield, you deserve top-rated legal care. give us a call today to see how you can get the compensation you deserve.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Dog ownership is very common in Bakersfield, California. Dogs are very popular among those with single-family residences in Bakersfield. Bakersfield is also known to be an agricultural hub, so many residents use dogs to herd cattle or sheep. If you have been injured by a dog, whether it was an attack or a bite, you may have the right to file a lawsuit against the dog owner for compensation.
Many people may think that because it is a dog bite and not a standard accident like a trip and fall accident or a car accident the accident victim may not have the right to file a lawsuit. But this is not the case, you could file a claim with the dog owner’s insurance company, your insurance company, or a lawsuit against the dog owner. There are several different steps to take, but to determine your specific circumstance and what the next step should be for your dog by case, we recommend that you contact our top-rated Bakersfield attorneys for more information.
Our Bakersfield attorneys are big dog fans. But, we know the damage and injuries a dog bite or a dog attack could cause. That is why our attorneys are here for you. Contact our experience legal Bakersfield staff to schedule a one-on-one case evaluation.
Bakersfield Dog Laws
Kern County Animal Services creates several different rules and regulations that dog owners must follow to protect the residents of Kern County. Kern County Animal Services’s goal is to provide for the general welfare of citizens and to make sure that dogs do not cause any harm or injuries. They have established a set of laws that regulate dog ownership. This includes:
- Animal owners in Bakersfield are encouraged and required to respect the rights of their neighbors and to make sure that their animals are behaved.
- Animal owners are primarily responsible for their animal’s care, and to make sure that the animal is not a nuisance to the community. Kern County ordinances place heavy responsibility on animal owners and work to make sure that animal owners take the necessary steps to prevent any type of injury to the community.
- All dogs over 4 months of age are required to have a dog license.
- All dogs over 4 months of age are required to have rabies vaccinations. Rabies is a very serious issue, and in the event that you are bitten by a dog that has rabies, you could also get rabies yourself. That is why we recommend that you get evaluated by a medical provider for any potential rabies.
- Anybody that buys, sells, or trains dog breeds more than one litter of dogs per year is considered a commercial animal facility.
- Commercial animal facilities in Kern County must have a license. This is to prevent over breeding of animals or the inhumane treatment of animals. Animals could get aggressive, and thus cause attacks or bites.
- It is illegal for an owner to allow their dog to be on the private property of another person without consent.
- All dogs on private property are required to be restrained to protect other people, and other animals, and to prevent any property damage.
- A dog could be deemed dangerous, potentially dangerous, or vicious. The way in which the dog is categorized is determined by looking at the dog’s potential hazard to the community. This designation is determined by the Kern County Animal Services, and is done through an administrative hearing. For example, if there are multiple reports of the dog attacking in various instances, the dog could be considered potentially hazardous.
- A dog barking and bothering others is considered a nuisance. The determination of a nuisance is based on satisfactory proof.
Kern County has made an effort to protect citizens from any aggressive dog behavior or nuisances. If any of the above ordinances have been violated by a dog owner, contact our attorneys. You may be able to hold the dog owner responsible for the dog attack by showing that they failed to take proper steps and follow ordinances.
How much does a Bakersfield dog bite attorney cost?
- A Bakersfield dog bite attorney has different fee payments. For example, some attorneys may be paid hourly, while others require a retainment fee. Our dog bite attorneys have a contingency, which means that if we win compensation for you, then we will get attorney fees. But, if we win no compensation, our clients owe us nothing.
- We know how stressful it can be to place your trust in an attorney. That is why we are here to take care of the entire legal process while you focus on the injuries from the dog bite attack. Give us a call today to discuss.
What type of compensation could I recover for my dog bite injuries in Bakersfield?
You could recover lost wages from time spent out of work to go to your medical treatments. You could also recover medical expenses and bills used to treat your dog bite injuries. For example, after a dog bite, you may need antibiotics to prevent an infection. Some severe dog bites me even lead to scarring, which may require surgeries. You could also recover from pain and suffering, which is the emotional toll that the dog bite injuries have taken.
What kind of injuries result from a dog bite?
- Fractures: If a dog attacks another, it could push the person to the ground, which could lead to broken bones.
- Infections: If the dog bite is deep, and not treated properly, it could lead to infections, which could lead to amputations.
- Traumatic brain injuries: When someone is pushed to the floor from a dog attack, their head could hit the ground and they could suffer traumatic brain injuries.
- Scarring: Deep bites that puncture the flesh could lead to permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries: The accident victim could fall to the ground and injure their spine.
What should I do after a dog bite in Bakersfield?
- You should report the incident to Kern County Animal Services. They keep a record of all dog bite attacks to determine if the dog should be deemed dangerous.
- Get medical treatment immediately. The longer you wait, the worse your injuries could get. For example, if not treated the injuries could lead to infections.
- Report the accident to the dog owner. It is important that the dog owner knows about the effect that their dog has had. They then may take their dog for training.
Bakersfield Dog Bite Attorney Near Me
Our Bakersfield dog bite attorneys know what it takes to hold the dog owner responsible for their aggressive or vicious dog. If the dog had a tendency or a history of aggressive behavior, strong evidence exists for your dog by case. But if the dog does not have a past history, you need the best personal injury attorney in Bakersfield to gather evidence and build a strong claim for you. Give us a call today to discuss how you could get compensated.
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000