Bakersfield Employment Law Attorneys
Contact our Bakersfield employment and labor attorneys if you have experienced a discriminatory or hostile work environment.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Bakersfield Employment and Labor Law Attorneys
How much do our Bakersfield employment attorneys cost?
Our Bakersfield employment attorneys take on all cases through a contingency fee agreement. A contingency fee agreement allows our attorneys to take on all employment and labor disputes and claims with no fees upfront. This means that you do not owe our attorneys any fees until our attorneys when compensation for you.
What types of claims do employment law and labor law include?
Employment and labor law are somewhat vague and include various different circumstances an employee may find themselves in at the workplace. Employment lawyers will represent employees who have been mistreated at work, whether it is through co-workers, supervisors, or the employer. Examples of employment and labor claims and lawsuits include:
- Wrongful termination: this is one of the most common types of lawsuits filed in Bakersfield when it comes to employment law. Wrongful termination is a legal theory that asserts that the employee was terminated from their employment for an unlawful reason. Unlawful reasons may include discrimination based on gender, race, age, disability, religion, etc.
- Racial discrimination: racial discrimination is also a very common form of discrimination in the workplace.
- Gender discrimination: this occurs when an employer treats an employee unfairly because they belong to a specific gender or have specific traits.
- Age discrimination: age discrimination occurs when an employer treats older employees and younger employees in different ways.
- Disability discrimination: one of the most common examples of disability discrimination includes a request for reasonable accommodations made by the disabled employee, and the employer denying the request.
- Sexual harassment: sexual harassment at the workplace is not spoken up as much as instances of discrimination. Many people fear as though they may lose their jobs if they speak up about sexual harassment or assault in the workplace.
- Wage and hour disputes: examples of wage in our disputes could include violations of minimum wage law, misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor rather than an employee, and unpaid wages and benefits.
- Wrongful retaliation: an employer cannot retaliate against an employee for reporting any illegal activities that may have occurred at the workplace. Examples of whistleblower claims could include violations of finances, or unfair treatment of employees.
- Hostile work environment: an employer has a responsibility to make sure that the workplace environment is safe and comfortable for all employees, and all employees can do their job functions efficiently. This means that an employer must prevent abusive conduct or discrimination.
- Workers compensation claims: workers compensation is a claim filed by an employee who suffered an injury while at work. An employee could recover costs such as medical treatment and lost wages from a worker’s compensation claim.
Above are just some examples of employment lawsuits that are commonly seen in Bakersfield. Two specifically speak about your employment circumstance, we recommend that you talk to our attorneys to schedule a free one-on-one and confidential consultation.
Bakersfield Employment Statistics
As of May 2022, Bakersfield had an average hourly wage of $27.48. This was below the average national hourly wage of $29.76 according to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Bakersfield employment is concentrated into 9 out of the 22 occupational groups. These groups include:
- Material moving
- Educational instruction
- Protective service
- Farming, fishing, and forestry
- Office and administrative support
Transportation and material moving was the industry that had the most employees compared to other cities in California. Bakersfield has around 35,000 positions in transportation and material moving, which is around 10% of the employment.
- There are around 163,000 employees in Bakersfield, and this percentage grew about 1% from 2019.
- White collar workers make up around 72% of the employment-population in Bakersfield. Around 28% are blue-collar employees.
- Around 10% of the workforce in Bakersfield consider themselves entrepreneurs, 67% are workers who are employed in private companies, and 23% of the workforce is employed in a governmental institution.
As seen above, there are various different types of positions and industries in Bakersfield. But, instances of discrimination and wrongful retaliation could still exist no matter what industry. Give us a call today to discuss how you could file an employment or labor law claim or lawsuit in Bakersfield.
What will our Bakersfield labor law attorneys do?
- Our Bakersfield employment attorneys will interview all witnesses. For example, if there were other co-workers who may have experienced this type of discrimination as well, we would interview them to get an accurate story.
- Our top-rated attorneys will do a detailed investigation into the circumstances, and gather all workplace records, and employee handbooks, along with any training that employees have received.
- We will negotiate with other parties to settle an agreement. This agreement should take into account your compensation, along with any other losses that you have experienced.
Do I have to file a lawsuit?
Unfortunately, many employees in Bakersfield may not even know that they have a valid employment and labor law claim. Many employees may not even know that they have been wrongfully terminated, and they are eligible to file a lawsuit. Give us a call today to discuss your circumstances, and to see if you are eligible to file the lawsuit to get compensated.
In some cases, you may have to file a lawsuit. In other cases, our attorneys represent clients in administrative hearings, mediation hearings, or even arbitration hearings.
What are the different organizations that establish labor and employment laws?
There are various agencies in California that make sure employees are following all employment and labor laws. These different agencies include:
- California Division Of Labor Standards And Enforcement
- California Department Of Fair Employment And Housing
- United States Department Of Labor
- The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
California is a state that has the most laws and protections when it comes to the fair treatment of employees. When employees are not treated fairly, they are eligible to file a lawsuit and assert their rights. There are also various remedies that an employee could pursue. For more information, give us a call.
Contact Our Experienced Bakersfield Employment Lawyers Today
Our Bakersfield employment attorneys have decades of experience making sure that employees get rated legal care and compensation for what they have experienced at work. No employee should be denied compensation or misclassified by their employer. All employers must abide by California and federal labor laws.
Our attorneys will fight for your rights. Our attorneys at Heidari law fight each and every day to make sure that our clients get compensated for any emotional distress, along with lost wages that have been caused by wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, or any other situations that an employee may find themselves in at work.
Employers have a responsibility to make sure that they follow all state and federal laws. The most common state and federal laws that account for employment laws are the California Fair Employment And Housing Act. This act prohibits all types of discrimination when the employee falls under a specific class like race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our workplace retaliation attorneys, workplace harassment attorneys, workplace discrimination attorneys, unpaid wages attorneys, leave of absence attorneys, and wrongful termination attorneys are available to help you every step of the way. Call Heidari Law Group today for a free case evaluation.
Heidari Law Group Bakersfield Practice Areas
- Bakersfield Accident Attorney
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Horseback Riding Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Uber, Lyft, Rideshare Accidents
- Scaffolding Accident
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Train Accident
- Bakersfield Personal Injury Attorney
- Airbnb Injury
- Animal Injuries
- Assault and Battery Injuries
- Axe Throwing Injuries
- Bounce House Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Factory Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ladder Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Work-related Injuries
- Bakersfield Employment Law Attorneys
- Workplace Age Discrimination Attorney
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Attorneys
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA)
- Racial Discrimination Attorneys
- Wage and Hour Attorney
- Wage Disputes
- Whistleblower Protection
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney
- Workplace Harassment
- Wrongful Retaliation Attorney
- Wrongful Termination Attorney
- Bakersfield Lemon Law Attorneys
- Bakersfield Wrongful Death Attorney
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000