Swimming Pool Accident Attorney in Bakersfield
If you have been injured in a swimming pool in Bakersfield, whether the swimming pool was on a private person’s property or was a public swimming pool, you may have the right to get compensated for the injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Swimming Pool Accidents in Bakersfield
Swimming pool accidents could cause traumatic injuries, for young children and even for older adults. No person is safe from a swimming pool accident. Swimming pool accidents could occur in a variety of ways. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from any type of swimming pool accident, contact our attorneys to see how you can get top-rated legal care in Bakersfield.
Bakersfield, California takes water safety very seriously. In Kern County, swimming pool drownings are the second cause of accidental death to children under the age of 18. For children under the age of five, the top cause of death is swimming pool accidents.
In Kern County, there were around 100 children hospitalized within the last 10 years from a swimming pool accident. There were also 50 child fatalities in the last 10 years. All of these fatalities were preventable. An average of 10 children die each year in Kern County as a result of swimming pool accidents. The city of Bakersfield has now tried to take various steps, such as informing the community of swimming pool safety. Latinos and Caucasians were the most common groups that suffered swimming pool accidents in Kern County.
What are the different ways I can prevent a swimming pool accident?
According to the Bakersfield Recreation and Parks department, below are some steps you could take to decrease the likelihood of a swimming pool accident:
- An adult should watch and supervise children at all times. Adults could try to switch out every couple of hours.
- Children should not use toys instead of a life jacket.
- At least one party should know how to use CPR.
- Children can enroll in swimming lessons to learn swimming supervised.
- Public pools in Bakersfield have stated rules. All parties visiting the public pool have a responsibility to follow the rules.
- Children should never be unattended.
- Pools must have a barrier around them, such as a four-sided fence or a pool alarm.
- Life jackets the children wear should be United States Coast Guard approved.
Above are just some steps that a swimming pool owner could take in the event that they have children visiting their property to swim. There are also other steps that a property owner could take, but it depends on the circumstances of the accident and the type of property the owner has. For more information, contact our premises liability attorneys to see how you could prevent a swimming pool accident.
What are the most common causes of swimming pool accidents in Bakersfield?
Slippery floors slippery and wet floors could cause slip-and-fall accidents. For example, swimming pool owners must make sure that there’s proper lighting around the pool. There should also be no obstacles on the walkways that lead to the pool, such as floaties on the floor. In the event that there are slippery floors, the property owner should put up signs warning visitors of the slippery floors.
- Improper supervision: Improper supervision at a swimming pool could lead to substantial injuries. There should always be adults watching over children, especially in private residences with private pools. Public pools should have a lifeguard on duty at all times. Children oftentimes may not be skilled in swimming but may choose not to wear a life jacket or flotation devices, which could be very risky.
- Electric wires: Electric wires around a pool should be safely stored. Since swimming pools could have wet surfaces around them, the water could spread to sources of electricity, which could cause electrocution. Electrocution could lead to life-threatening injuries.
- Improper pool equipment: Pool equipment should always be maintained. When it is not, it could cause accidents such as drain entrapment. Drain entrapment occurs when a person’s body part or hair gets caught in the pool drain. This could then lead to severe injuries or wrongful death.
How much does a swimming pool accident attorney cost?
Our personal injury swimming pool accident attorneys have contingency fee agreements, which means that you are attorneys $0 upfront. Our attorneys will only collect fees when we win compensation for our clients. There are different ways that we could receive compensation, such as through a settlement or through a trial judgment.
Who is responsible for a swimming pool accident and Bakersfield?
- Commercial property owner
- Private residential property owner
- Government property owner that owns the public swimming pool
- Property manager
What are the different ways a swimming pool could be dangerous?
- Warning signs: All swimming pools must have adequate warning signs warning any guests, especially the depth of the water to prevent any diving accidents.
- Improper fencing: All swimming pools must be properly fenced. The swimming pools without a fence are 60% more likely to have a swimming pool accident on the property according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Improper pool equipment maintenance: A pool owner must make sure that the pool equipment is properly maintained and in good condition.
Pool Equipment Defect Attorney In Bakersfield
If the pool equipment had a defect, and the defect caused the accident, then you could hold the manufacturer responsible under a product liability lawsuit. A product liability lawsuit holds manufacturers and retailers responsible for creating a defective product and for selling the defective product to the public. There are three different types of defects: lack of warning, manufacturing defects, and design defects.
Collisions With Other Swimmers In Bakersfield
Overcrowding is a very serious issue when it comes to public pools and Bakersfield. Public pools must have a maximum occupancy, and only allow up to that number of property visitors. When the pool is overcrowded, and he leads to collisions with other swimmers, then the property owner could be held responsible.
Wrongful death swimming pool accident attorneys in bakers
You could recover compensation for the loss of your loved one if they passed away from a swimming pool accident. A wrongful death lawsuit holds the negligent party responsible while still asserting the family members’ rights. But, there are several requirements that you must have to meet in terms of the relationship with the party who passed. Give our wrongful death lawyers a call today to discuss.
Bakersfield Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers
Make sure that your child has strong legal representation and support. Our Bakersfield lawyers and legal staff will represent you throughout the entire legal process, including filing a claim, investigating the circumstances of the accident, and negotiating with insurance companies or attorneys.
Swimming pool accidents are unfortunately common in Bakersfield, and all are preventable. Give us a call today to discuss and set up your case evaluation.
A case evaluation takes into account the different circumstances of the swimming pool accident, such as where the accident occurred and the different parties that could be held negligent in the process.
Our Bakersfield attorneys are experienced in making sure that negligent parties are held responsible. We have the expertise and skills needed and are available to answer any of your questions 24/7. Swimming pools could pose a very substantial danger if not maintained or taken care of.
- Abogados de lesiones personales de Las Vegas
- Abogados de asalto y agresión en Las Vegas
- Abogados de resbalones y caídas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones de la médula espinal de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones cerebrales traumáticas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de muerte por negligencia de Las Vegas
- Abogados de mordeduras de perro en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de conductores ebrios y DUI en Las Vegas
- Abogados de compensación laboral de Las Vegas
- Abogados persas de Las Vegas y abogados iraníes
- Abogados de accidentes automovilísticos de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de motocicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Bicicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Camiones en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de peatones de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de autobús en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de Uber y Lyft en Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000